Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 02:49 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,623 times

Advertisements

1. "i'm not religious. Don't assume that because i'm anti-marijuana that i am a right wing nutjob conservative."

1a. not religious? Dude, I'm really happy for ya! would you kindly tell me why you brought religion into this thread? And what has political persuasion got to do with this issue?

2. "Those studies can easily be countered with studies that show marijuana is a gateway drug. It may not be physically addicting, but i know people who have done it every day and had trouble stopping. Addicting isn't a good word, habit-forming, perhaps".

2a. There are no studies which confirm that marijuana is a gateway drug and, if it were, tell me where these studies indicate where that "gate" leads! No, pot is not addictive, I'm sincerely pleased that we can reach a mutual accord on that fact but you need to backpedal much faster if you expect to retain a modicum of credibility in support of your pigheaded position.

3. "I have an idea, instead of giving in on the war, why don't we increase penalties? Give the death sentence for it. It'd free up a lot of room in jails and prisons. It worked in singapore!"

3a. America has recently lessened the penalty for potsmokers, pretty much across the board. Give the death sentence for using pot? Now you arre talking out of your saggy butt! We've got so many murderers, rapists and other assorted miscreants already stacked up on death row here in America, that if the supreme court ever made that decision, you'd need electric bleachers to deal with the problem I see that you are going to the farthest reaches of the universe to come up with some wisdom but I think that you'll need to travel to another galaxy before you arrive at a plausible solution. And yes, Singapore is my idea of paradise found, I'm really impressed with their third world nation status.

4. "Insulting me or coming up with these wild ideas that i'll blame future economic woes on marijuana really speaks for the kind of intelligence you have. I blame it on both the liberal and conservative governments who have failed to give our businesses an excuse to stay in the usa, and failed to do anything that would prevent them from leaving."

4a. Although you continue to insult our intelligence with your twisted logic, I am not looking to insult you. You are already engaged in your own quagmire of wild ideas and don't need any help from me. Future economic woes will be definitely connected to the policy decisions that are made today and pouring more and more taxpayer monies into this moronic and failed drug war, is most certainly NOT the answer.

5. "Drinking is a part of a nation's culture. This applies everywhere except for saudi arabia, in essence. Marijuana is a relatively obscure thing that people are more likely to get far deeper into. If people consumed marijuana as openly as people drink, i can guarantee just as many lives would be ruined if not more".

5a. Dude, I'm not even going to ingratiate you with an answer to that clump of drivel, it has become apparent that you are pulling out all of the stops in your campaign to impress us. Everywhere except Saudi Arabia, huh? Dolt!

"Also, note the shape of our country since the "moral majority" became the "moral minority"

How about the shape of our country since we've been fleeced by the money managers, the crooked bankers and financiers, the bloodthirsty warmongers, the self-serving politicians? Smoking pot is not a moral issue, it's a legal issue and the prohibition and criminalization of marijuana just helps to line the pockets of those who seek to keep that prohibition going.

"if being a part of the side that makes sense is such a shameful and "uneducated" thing to do, then so be it. I am uneducated, but i forsee a world where my future children can go to middle school and not be exposed to the children of the neo-liberal trash who toke up with their children just because of the "if you can't beat em, join em" attitude towards anti-drug laws."

Actually, my children learned how to smoke pot in middle school and funny that you should mention it but my kids are my best connection, I have 5 of them, the oldest is 44 and the youngest is 33 and whenever mom and dad are "tapped-out", I can always be sure that there is at least one of them there to "cop" for us!

Old 08-02-2010, 02:53 PM

31 posts, read 26,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
For the record, I have never smoked pot and probably never intend to. Why? Because I was never exposed or offered? Nope. Because my father took it upon himself to educate me about some of the side affects if used frequently. My father was never a pot smoker, either. I just never had any reason or desire to get into pot.

However, I do not believe it should be illegal. I believe the illegalness of it not only creates higher crime, but it also creates exposure for children. It's "against the rules" making it the thing to do. Same with having a legal drinking age. If you go to Europe and see children exposed to alcohol at younger ages, you will see many families teaching children about the responsibility behind alcohol (this info is based on my sister's time living in Germany).

I don't believe the crimes associated with pot justify the expense with the legal and corrections systems. Yes, it could be a gateway drug. But, not necessarily... What is MORE of a gateway drug is a broken household with parents not involved with their children.

I think the police in Pontiac have more to worry about than the petty crimes associated with a convention that will most likely be some what low key.
It is people like you that have an open mind to letting other people do what they want to in life without clogging the courts with non violent crimes that will keep this issue moving in the right direction. People who want their rights but want to tell others what rights they can or cannot enjoy are the dinosaurs that have to go away. What does it hurt me if two men or women want to live together or for that mater get married? Why should us married Hetros have all the misery? What difference does it make if some man or woman wants to smoke a bowel before bed? Or if some cancer patient can lessen the effects of kemo or glaucoma or menstrual cramps? The truth is it does not. No more and most likely less then the guy or woman who drinks to much and can not control it. This is a stupid argument that that religious right and others hang on to for a control issue. There never was a Mayberry and historically the good old days are always a time that never existed about 30 years in the past of the present. Its a myth that people hold on to because they can not deal with the present and want to create a time when all was simple and good. Poor old sodds.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:56 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,106,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
1a. not religious? Dude, I'm really happy for ya! would you kindly tell me why you brought religion into this thread? And what has political persuasion got to do with this issue?
Many of the other posters who assumed I was of the "moral majority"

Quote:
2a. There are no studies which confirm that marijuana is a gateway drug and, if it were, tell me where these studies indicate where that "gate" leads! No, pot is not addictive, I'm sincerely pleased that we can reach a mutual accord on that fact but you need to backpedal much faster if you expect to retain a modicum of credibility in support of your pigheaded position.
Many independent foundations as well as interest groups have confirmed it is, not physiologically, but psychologically. The ACDE and basic statistics show that marijuana smokers are more likely to try harder drugs.

Quote:
3a. America has recently lessened the penalty for potsmokers, pretty much across the board. Give the death sentence for using pot? Now you arre talking out of your saggy butt! We've got so many murderers, rapists and other assorted miscreants already stacked up on death row here in America, that if the supreme court ever made that decision, you'd need electric bleachers to deal with the problem I see that you are going to the farthest reaches of the universe to come up with some wisdom but I think that you'll need to travel to another galaxy before you arrive at a plausible solution. And yes, Singapore is my idea of paradise found, I'm really impressed with their third world nation status.
Funny that, Singapore is actually a member of the first nation. It's one of the fastest growing and most potent business centers of the eastern hemisphere and has a level of development comparable most accurately to that of this country. Bring on the electric bleachers, my 23 year old saggy butt won't be on em.

Quote:
4a. Although you continue to insult our intelligence with your twisted logic, I am not looking to insult you. You are already engaged in your own quagmire of wild ideas and don't need any help from me. Future economic woes will be definitely connected to the policy decisions that are made today and pouring more and more taxpayer monies into this moronic and failed drug war, is most certainly NOT the answer.
It's not the amount of money put in to the war on drugs that will change this, it's the fact that many are let off the hook entirely as states DO loosen their grip on drug users. Marijuana will not save the US economy.

Quote:
5a. Dude, I'm not even going to ingratiate you with an answer to that clump of drivel, it has become apparent that you are pulling out all of the stops in your campaign to impress us. Everywhere except Saudi Arabia, huh? Dolt!
What? You don't understand that the Arab world frowns on alcohol use? Yes, I know Saudi Arabia is one of many nations there, but definitely one of the most strict in the enforcement of that.

Quote:
How about the shape of our country since we've been fleeced by the money managers, the crooked bankers and financiers, the bloodthirsty warmongers, the self-serving politicians? Smoking pot is not a moral issue, it's a legal issue and the prohibition and criminalization of marijuana just helps to line the pockets of those who seek to keep that prohibition going.
So we enforce laws because of greed only? Here we go again, another Gatewood thinking we're gonna save the American economy by legalizing marijuana. Look how that worked out for the Dutch, yeah?

Quote:
Actually, my children learned how to smoke pot in middle school and funny that you should mention it but my kids are my best connection, I have 5 of them, the oldest is 44 and the youngest is 33 and whenever mom and dad are "tapped-out", I can always be sure that there is at least one of them there to "cop" for us!
So basically you're saying it's okay for kids to toke up because you couldn't teach your own little miscreants to respect the laws of their nation and keep their hands of drugs? You sound like a real winner, pal.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:11 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolflair View Post
Your arguments are as lame as I have ever seen. Marijuana is not addictive and there have been many studies to show this. There are many things that Marijuana has been proven to be good for treating medically. It helps with cancer treatment affects to Glaucoma to menstrual cramps in women. Its harmful to your body, first of super genius no one has every OD on Marijuana a medical fact. It has never been linked as a gateway drug, another fact, it has never been linked to any addiction. Booze is addicting, and bad for you in large amounts and has been linked to family breakdown in family where one or more is addicted. Yet the Volstead act was a disaster because you Christian nutbars think you can legislate your brand of moral fascism. It has never worked even Teddy Haggerd was getting hot oil rubs from his boy toy while preaching of the pit falls of being gay. LOL. You moral minority are always the ones that have your hand in the cookie jar or under the bath stall while trying to pass laws to tell others how to act. Sell crazy somewhere else.
Ecstasy and LSD have their good points too. Guess we might as well sell 'em at the drug store.

Behind the counter of course, along with the ephedrine based drugs......

Old 08-02-2010, 04:19 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times
Enough with the personal attacks everyone, or this topic will be closed.

Also, medical marijuana is legal in Michigan. Who's to say that this pot convention is not for the medical marijuana users? It's like a wine and beer show then. But wait, the mere thought of having a wine and beer show in Michigan puts my children at risk of becoming alcoholics. Kill it!

Old 08-02-2010, 04:33 PM

809 posts, read 1,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Ecstasy and LSD have their good points too. Guess we might as well sell 'em at the drug store.

Behind the counter of course, along with the ephedrine based drugs......
Then you have the other, lesser known "drugs" that are available and promoted by "High Times" magazine. We just had a teen OD on "Spice". I just wrapped up a 30day in home detention mentoring a 14yr old girl that was abusing (huffing) "Duster".

Old 08-02-2010, 04:47 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Enough with the personal attacks everyone, or this topic will be closed.

Also, medical marijuana is legal in Michigan. Who's to say that this pot convention is not for the medical marijuana users? It's like a wine and beer show then. But wait, the mere thought of having a wine and beer show in Michigan puts my children at risk of becoming alcoholics. Kill it!
I use beer and wine for medicinal purposes.....

Old 08-02-2010, 04:48 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perferator View Post
Then you have the other, lesser known "drugs" that are available and promoted by "High Times" magazine. We just had a teen OD on "Spice". I just wrapped up a 30day in home detention mentoring a 14yr old girl that was abusing (huffing) "Duster".
Ugh.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:00 PM

939 posts, read 2,681,619 times
If pot was legal, I wouldn't consume alcohol anymore. Pot is FAR friendlier to the human body than alcohol. THAT is not debatable but factual

Old 08-02-2010, 05:06 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
If pot was legal, I wouldn't consume alcohol anymore. Pot is FAR friendlier to the human body than alcohol. THAT is not debatable but factual
Spoken by a true pothead.....

I have to admit that there are many "legal" drugs out there that are much worse than marijuana.

Want another twinkie?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: