Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 09:46 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times

Advertisements

DETROIT - A recent "Kids Count" report says that in 2007, one of every five children in Michigan lived in a family with an income below the federal poverty level.

Poverty throughout Michigan at shocking levels » peoplesworld

P.S. Nothing personal - I simply think visits shouldn't be a one-way street and I'm just returning a visit. Enough is enough.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:59 AM

1,742 posts, read 4,002,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

P.S. Nothing personal - I simply think visits shouldn't be a one-way street and I'm just returning a visit. Enough is enough.

What the hell are you talking about?

Old 09-20-2010, 10:48 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,309,027 times
Someone started a thread over on the AZ forum about how AZ was recently ranked the second poorest state in the nation, but I didn't think that someone from Michigan started the thread. I'm not sure why this is here either. Someone on that thread stated that they were somewhat surprised that AZ was ranked so high and they wondered if MI was as well, since our economic woes are well known. I did post a comment about how the main pockets of poverty here in MI still seem to be in the large cities and that Michigan actually offers pretty good wages and that if you have a job the cost of living is low enough that most people aren't below the federal poverty line. I didn't say anything negative about AZ, I didn't start the thread about AZ being second poorest, I couldn't care less if AZ is the poorest or the richest state in the nation. I simply responded to one post where the poster was wondering if MI was among the poorest states as well. If this thread was started because of my post, then the person who started it has a real problem, as I said nothing remotely negative about AZ, in fact I even wished AZ well.

Weird, very weird...

Old 09-20-2010, 11:19 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Someone started a thread over on the AZ forum about how AZ was recently ranked the second poorest state in the nation, but I didn't think that someone from Michigan started the thread. I'm not sure why this is here either. Someone on that thread stated that they were somewhat surprised that AZ was ranked so high and they wondered if MI was as well, since our economic woes are well known. I did post a comment about how the main pockets of poverty here in MI still seem to be in the large cities and that Michigan actually offers pretty good wages and that if you have a job the cost of living is low enough that most people aren't below the federal poverty line. I didn't say anything negative about AZ, I didn't start the thread about AZ being second poorest, I couldn't care less if AZ is the poorest or the richest state in the nation. I simply responded to one post where the poster was wondering if MI was among the poorest states as well. If this thread was started because of my post, then the person who started it has a real problem, as I said nothing remotely negative about AZ, in fact I even wished AZ well.

Weird, very weird...
We have a regular visitor from MI posting every negative article he can find. Since negativity can be found about any place, I figured there's no harm in posting some similar info here because enough is enough! Just a taste of own medicine - that's all. My apologies to the rest of the MI residents.

I personally consider it quite stupid. Instead of uniting against those who bring us ALL to poverty, some think it's amusing to bash other states as if the situation in their own is a bed of roses.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:33 AM

Oh, okay. I didn't know that, but I'm glad it wasn't my post that you were referring to, because I am not someone who goes to other forums and bashes. In fact, I hate when people do that, because I figure that we all live where we do for a reason, and that every place has its good and bad points. Live and let live, right?

Old 09-20-2010, 11:35 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,900,055 times
I didnt see anyone from MI other then canudigit in any of those posts, and I know she would not post negative comments....weird!

Old 09-20-2010, 11:52 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,853,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

How very mature of you.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
I didnt see anyone from MI other then canudigit in any of those posts, and I know she would not post negative comments....weird!
Thanks.

Actually, I didn't think that I saw anyone else from MI over there either. There is a guy by the s/n of "Steve-o" who is pretty vocal about his dislike of AZ, but I'm pretty sure that he lives somewhere around Chicago, not in MI.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:17 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,853,217 times
actinic was over there before stirring up things, but I'm not sure if they are from Michigan either. He posts here quite a bit, but posts more in AZ than here, as well as KY quite a bit.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:22 PM

SierraAZ,

Is TiredofPHX from Michigan? Is that who you're referring to? He does go on that forum and try to suck the life out of it all the time, but I assumed that he still lives in Phoenix for the time being. If he's the one, he never posts here and he is definitely NOT indicative of most of us here on the MI forum. Most of us are truly happy here and have no reason to come over to the AZ forum or anywhere else to be a wet blanket. If that's who it is, then hopefully he will get the he** out of Phoenix soon and leave all of you alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: