Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2011, 10:32 AM

391 posts, read 906,849 times

Advertisements

Mario is seen a lot around here, but it's nice to see his appreciation of the great food and wine in Leelanau Cty. & NW Michigan in a national publication, Bon Appetit.
Gratzi, Mario!

How Mario Batali Escapes New York Summers: BA Daily: Blogs : bonappetit.com

How Mario Batali Gets His Drink On In and Around Traverse City, Michigan: BA Daily: Blogs : bonappetit.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 12:10 PM

528 posts, read 885,954 times
I was so excited when that came across my FB news feed, I had to share it and brag on my (new) home state. It was pretty awesome wasn't it!

My husband and I dream of a waterfront property someday, and we both loved Leelanau. Maybe someday.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:56 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,901,713 times
Just another great reason to love the Leelanau area.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:08 PM

391 posts, read 906,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idw2s View Post
I was so excited when that came across my FB news feed, I had to share it and brag on my (new) home state. It was pretty awesome wasn't it!

My husband and I dream of a waterfront property someday, and we both loved Leelanau. Maybe someday.
Now is a pretty good time to aquire that waterfront in Leelanau. Prices are negotiable on some nice pieces of frontage, and as the economy rights itself those will sell off and prices will start their climb back up into the stratosphere. I think homes and property NOT on the water, maybe nearby, will be a good deal for a while yet, but water frontage will come back sooner because there is greater interest among people who can afford it, and they ain't makin' it anymore.
Historically, water frontage has appreciated at a much higher rate than non-water real estate. Even if you need to stretch to lock in something this is a good time to do it. It'll never be cheaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan