Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:27 AM

17 posts, read 48,196 times

Advertisements

Don't compare apples to oranges.
You are so linear in your thinking.
The counter arguemtns are defencive and not fact based.
J.hollerman a top economic prof. said that "the out look for growth in michigan is bleak at best. Job growth is not expected to return to a positive sustainable rate for many years to come. With housing in the worst shape since the late 70s and many out sourcing of jobs overseas, it is a bleak picture for michigan and all the industrialized based states."
So bash all the experst who disagree with your hate based factless rants.
What are your parameters for saying that michigan doing fine?
Do you have facts or do you just want to call people names, nana nana boo boo type of arguemnts?
When all the economic indicators are neg. for Michigan what evidence do you have that all is well?
Or do you want to try to point out where I did not spell a word correctly?
I guess that would teach me.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:37 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderkind View Post
Kind of ironic you should put this in your post don't you think? lol

Quote:
Do you have facts or do you just want to call people names,
Did you happen to read the preceding pages of posts? That will give you the answers to this question.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:53 AM

As I stated above, factless based arguments.
I did find the answers in the prededing post, Mine the only one with facts.
Thanks for pointing it out.
If you love michigan why not just live your silver spoon life and leave the facts to others?
Why do you try to give people lies to base thier move to or move away from michigan on?
Do you have an ulterior motive? Or are you trying to convince yourself?
Either way it is very delusional thinking. I would get that zanax prescription filled ASAP. I know the sky in your world may be nicer than ours but it is still only pretend. LOL

Old 10-09-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Soo, Michigan is doing well then right?
Quote:
Don't compare apples to oranges.
You are so linear in your thinking.
The counter arguemtns are defencive and not fact based.
J.hollerman a top economic prof. said that "the out look for growth in michigan is bleak at best. Job growth is not expected to return to a positive sustainable rate for many years to come. With housing in the worst shape since the late 70s and many out sourcing of jobs overseas, it is a bleak picture for michigan and all the industrialized based states."
Do you have facts or do you just want to call people names, nana nana boo boo type of arguemnts?
When all the economic indicators are neg. for Michigan what evidence do you have that all is well?
Or do you want to try to point out where I did not spell a word correctly?
I guess that would teach me.
Quote:
As I stated above, factless based arguments.
I did find the answers in the prededing post, Mine the only one with facts.
Thanks for pointing it out.
If you love michigan why not just live your silver spoon life and leave the facts to others?
Why do you try to give people lies to base thier move to or move away from michigan on?
Do you have an ulterior motive? Or are you trying to convince yourself?
Either way it is very delusional thinking. I would get that zanax prescription filled ASAP. I know the sky in your world may be nicer than ours but it is still only pretend. LOL
Where are your posted "Facts" you mention somebody's name then post something they are supposed to have said, but fail to post a link to the article. That isn't facts, that is hearsay. There have been others who HAVE posted facts and links, or portions of the actual article. Show me in your prior post, all of which are quoted above, your "facts" please. Oh and personal attacks are about 6th or 7th grade playground level interaction. I work construction, you have to do better than this.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:33 AM

Where are yours? Can I correctly say that your posistion is that michigan's economy is doing fine?
If things in your area are doing so well, maybe you could direct some who are looking for work to job's that are so abundent in your area.
Will you not be a nice guy and help those looking as there seems to be so much work in your area?
The artical was called "state of the state" done for the institute for economic outlook, 2007.
Construction hmmm, either you are laied off or do not really work construction, or do they have internet on the job now?
Hammer in one hand and mouse in the other? LMAO
Yep you are in the trenches with the workers. Keep up the good work and move my bath door about 3 inch. to the right. lol.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Where are yours?
Never said I posted any.

Quote:
Can I correctly say that your posistion is that michigan's economy is doing fine?
No you may not. I never said the States economy was doing great, that is you distorting what I have said.

Quote:
If things in your area are doing so well, maybe you could direct some who are looking for work to job's that are so abundent in your area.
Will you not be a nice guy and help those looking as there seems to be so much work in your area?
Never said jobs were abundant, those are your words again.

Quote:
The artical was called "state of the state" done for the institute for economic outlook, 2007.
Thank you, I'll look it up.

Quote:
Construction hmmm, either you are laied off or do not really work construction, or do they have internet on the job now?
Hammer in one hand and mouse in the other? LMAO
Or, I happen to work for myself and can take my pick of when I work and who I have out on my jobs. Not all construction workers are the 7 - 4 hammer swinging crowd.

Quote:
Yep you are in the trenches with the workers. Keep up the good work and move my bath door about 3 inch. to the right. lol.
Not all construction is building either, I don't do carpentry. Read a bit closer, I have stated many times that I am an Electrician. "In the trenches with the workers" Nope, not any more, trench work doesn't pay good, I have shifted to more Data and control because that is where the money is and where it takes extra training and skills to do, therefore higher paying jobs are opened up. Another reason I can take whatever day I want off, and schedule my time to fit the jobs better. Flexibility is the key, and another reason so many in my profession have failed recently, they didn't keep up with the times and fell to the wayside. I've been doing this for almost 26 years now, and what I do for jobs now isn't even close to what I did back then (No money now in what we did back then, so why continue to follow that work?)

Try again, still didn't bother me much.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:51 PM

1,039 posts, read 3,453,055 times
Thumbs up Here ya go

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Hahahahahaha!!!!

This forum needs a smiley rolling on the ground laughing.

Troll.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato the Elder View Post

OK where did you get them???? I have to know. Are they just copy and paste or what?

Old 10-09-2007, 01:06 PM

560 posts, read 2,188,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow_temp View Post
Seriously considering leaving too. But the question is, where to? I'm a network engineer so which states have a healthy IT job market AND a better climate than MI? I don't speak Spanish so FL and CA are probably out. I'd prefer non-humid climate with more sunny days than MI. I'm thinking maybe AZ,NV,TX, or UT. I think AZ and TX have been doing well economically. CO would be nice but I hear housing costs are out of whack compared to salaries. Not looking for a long commute every day due to housing reasons.
I don't know to much about IT jobs, I do that they seem to be difficult to come by in the Las Vegas area (check out the Las Vegas boards). I have also heard that Boise Idaho is booming...FWIW

Old 10-09-2007, 01:10 PM

864 posts, read 1,720,839 times
Funny you should mention Boise, ID -- I just started researching that area and am almost sold on it assuming there were any job opportunities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan