Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: GOP voters, whom will you vote for?
Cruz 4 12.50%
Kasich 8 25.00%
Rubio 3 9.38%
Trump 14 43.75%
Other 0 0%
Undecided 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 09:13 AM

792 posts, read 2,324,763 times

Advertisements

We have a thread for the Democrats, so here's one for the GOP. If you'll be voting in the Republican Party primary, who will get your vote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 09:54 AM

21,142 posts, read 19,722,567 times
I was planning on voting for Cruz, but now that the Republican "establishment" is coming out so vociferously against Trump, I'm leaning toward him. I guess I'll reassess before going into the voting booth who I think will be best at proving that the American people (conservatives, at least) are not happy with what the Republicans have failed to accomplish, even with majority in Congress.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:47 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times
Who voted for Trump???

Old 03-05-2016, 03:44 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,065,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Who voted for Trump???
Jokers. Like The Joker from the Batman movie. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Old 03-05-2016, 10:32 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,668,894 times
It's interesting, anywhere you go on the internet Kasich is well represented and Sanders is immensely popular, but then when the real voting begins, Clinton and Trump are far more popular. I get that the internet has massive sample bias, but where do these people come from? I can probably count on one hand a piece how many people I know who support Clinton or Trump. Is my group of contacts really that limited?

Old 03-05-2016, 11:51 AM

3,829 posts, read 6,733,589 times
I'm hoping after Thursday's debate, people will realize the only adult in the GOP race is Kasich. Is he perfect? Not even close. But he is the only sane one in the race.

I've been trying to encourage people to research the 3rd party candidates.

Old 03-05-2016, 02:39 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,642,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
I'm hoping after Thursday's debate, people will realize the only adult in the GOP race is Kasich. Is he perfect? Not even close. But he is the only sane one in the race.

I've been trying to encourage people to research the 3rd party candidates.

You're right about Kasich. That last debate was sickening between Trump, Rubio and Cruz. Trump is the worst. Kasich was the only one to act like a mature adult.

Old 03-05-2016, 03:44 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo-Aggie View Post
It's interesting, anywhere you go on the internet Kasich is well represented and Sanders is immensely popular, but then when the real voting begins, Clinton and Trump are far more popular. I get that the internet has massive sample bias, but where do these people come from? I can probably count on one hand a piece how many people I know who support Clinton or Trump. Is my group of contacts really that limited?
I've noticed that too. Maybe they don't like to admit their support.

Old 03-05-2016, 10:08 PM

325 posts, read 371,875 times
Quote:
There's even a term for this. Researchers call it the "social desirability bias". People don't always answer pollsters truthfully--they give you a "socially desirable" answer and then, in this case, go into a voting booth and vote otherwise.

Old 03-05-2016, 11:30 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
Quote:

I do believe people who support Trump may be keeping it to themselves. The state I live in has already voted and Trump won the republican primary here. However I cant find anyone who admits to voting for him. What I do find is people horrified at the idea he could win the nomination and be President. Kasich should be doing well in Michigan being a Midwestern governor but the polls say he will get nothing there. Polls also say Trump will win big in Michigan. I don't understand how Trump is doing this, seems everywhere he goes he is getting a lot of support in spite of his foolish comments and apparent lack of substantive knowledge he should possess to be President. Michigan and Ohio are going to make him unstoppable if he wins both of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan