Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2019, 08:50 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,831,000 times

Advertisements

For some reason, this year, I have been fighting against accepting the onset of cold weather. Refused to wear a coat until today. Still refuse to turn on the heat. Just not ready for the cold yet this year. Where is our Indian summer.

Some years I welcome the cold and get excited for the first snow. This year - not so much. I want to postpone cold and snow until January thank you very much.

Anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 10:07 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,942,497 times
Yeah I've been working from home a bunch the past few weeks when I haven't had to travel. Yesterday I was still wearing shorts, today I put jeans on for once.

I always try to hold on to summer as long as possible and even more so this year since we got screwed out of a spring and it was cold/wet basically up until mid-June this year.

I was out west last week and hit that snowstorm that went through Wyoming & Montana, so I've already seen things, and I know whats coming. Nothing like going on a trip when to start it was in the 60-70s and the end of the week it was 10s-20s.

Old 10-15-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTWflyer View Post
Yeah I've been working from home a bunch the past few weeks when I haven't had to travel. Yesterday I was still wearing shorts, today I put jeans on for once.

I always try to hold on to summer as long as possible and even more so this year since we got screwed out of a spring and it was cold/wet basically up until mid-June this year.

I was out west last week and hit that snowstorm that went through Wyoming & Montana, so I've already seen things, and I know whats coming. Nothing like going on a trip when to start it was in the 60-70s and the end of the week it was 10s-20s.
We ha a little of that this summer. Went from high 80s in Denver to a blizzard in shorts at the top of Mount Evans. Maybe that is why I am so adverse to allowing cold season to start this year. I already got frozen in July, so I am good for another month thank you.

I suppose the lack of any real spring makes more sense for a reason, but having fall start in August was nice.

Old 10-15-2019, 11:56 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,942,497 times
I always say the best weather in the southern half of the state is typically from about early-August through mid-November.
Up north I would say mid-June through late October.

The past few years it seems like we have no spring.
Winter starts around Thanksgiving and runs through the end of March.
Mud & the rainy season runs from about April through May
Nice Spring is about 2 weeks in early June
Hot & Humid Summer is the month of July
Nice Summer is August-end of September
Fall is October-November

Old 10-16-2019, 10:30 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,018,615 times
Hah, we've barely even gotten any sun this Summer in mid-Michigan. Overcast 90% of the time, and rainy too much.

Winter will probably be just as sucky.

Old 10-16-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
Hah, we've barely even gotten any sun this Summer in mid-Michigan. Overcast 90% of the time, and rainy too much.

Winter will probably be just as sucky.
It has been dark and drizzly here for a long time too. Our front lawn is 30% mushrooms.

Old 10-16-2019, 11:38 AM

2,065 posts, read 1,865,089 times
Puzzled. Here in Farmington area we have been getting a lot of sun, including summer. Drizzling now, though.
In a house that lets in a lot of light; maybe it's just been a matter of perception.

Old 10-16-2019, 11:45 AM

915 posts, read 1,506,191 times
I broke out my winter coat/boots a few weeks ago because my kid had a cross country meet and it was just cold and rainy and miserable.

I broke out my light lamp last week because I'm just not a morning person and middle school starts way too early. Late start elementary school spoiled both of me and my son.

I'm so glad this is his last week of the season. Love that he loves it, but this weather........

It's just been really icky this year between the winter that would never end, the miserable wind storms this summer and now with it being all damp and dark most the time. A part of me is still wondering when summer's finally going to get here because it was really short this year. (Obviously, that part of my mind is completely oblivious that the calendar has already moved on to October. It's going to be a long winter.....been thinking I should start popping the vitamin D again.)

Old 10-17-2019, 06:38 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,858,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
It has been dark and drizzly here for a long time too. Our front lawn is 30% mushrooms.
Same here, a ton of rain in the last 3 - 4 weeks. The Grand River has been near flood stage for I can't remember how long now.

As far as the original post, I turn the heat on as soon as the nights get down in the 40's, which the first time was probably 3 weeks ago. Just wore a winter coat to one of my kids' cross-country meets, which it then got up to the high 50's and was pretty nice out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan