Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 08:04 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,988,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
'yer preaching to the choir on this one. Most politicians were born with a silver spoon in their mouth and have never experienced the real world like the rest of us. They have body guards to protect them and know next to nothing about having to make and live on a budget, making $12 an hour or minimum wage, having to work your butt off to earn your home, and then getting it foreclosed. Politicians are almost all out-of-touch. Period. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT US AND NEVER WILL. They double-talk and only tell you what you want to hear to please everyone and get votes. They dont know how to nor care about solving any issues. And the quicker people realize it, the better. Remember, politicians are only in their position for the money and not because they are competent or have any real jobs skills to make it in the real world.
true but still people continue to vote for them...dont they. how much money have we spent on the war so far? ive lost count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 10:01 AM

87 posts, read 255,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
true but still people continue to vote for them...dont they. how much money have we spent on the war so far? ive lost count.
This is pretty much the reason that I don't vote for president, never have, and probably never will. Fairly soon, I'll stop voting altogether if things don't change.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:11 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allistercrowly View Post
Them migrants are moving to Mexico where there are still drug jobs and those who are loosing their homes and Lesus and BMWs are moving into the migrant appartments. LOL. Its all good.
They ought to move back to Mexico. Now Cadillac is opening another plant in Mexico.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:13 AM

14 posts, read 14,305 times
The problem is not if few people in here who happen to be well off financially do not see things as the majority does.The problem is when they start imposing it upon the rest of us.What kind of reasoning is that of accusing anyone of slamming the state?Where do you come from?

Old 06-14-2009, 11:15 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,858,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monelli View Post
The problem is not if few people in here who happen to be well off financially do not see things as the majority does.The problem is when they start imposing it upon the rest of us.What kind of reasoning is that of accusing anyone of slamming the state?Where do you come from?
Who's imposing something on you? Please alert a moderator if you feel the rules here are being broken.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
Yeh. My parents used to live in West Branch until 14 months ago. They finally sold their home, but lost like 30% of the value. They felt they were desperate and had to get out, so they took what they could get for the house and left. They live in east lansing now, while I moved to Phoenix. I was in West Branch just recently and cant belive how economically depressed the area--and the entire state--has become. Very sad to see a nice area go so bad. West Branch and all those small towns nearby have become nothing but desperate people living in trailers and shacks. A few of West Branch's largest employers were reliant on the auto industry, and have closed as the industry goes down hill. West Branch is almost nonexistant anymore as everyone I know has left. The only jobs people in West Branch have anymore are the school system and Walmart. So sad. I'm sure the Smiley Watertower is sad too.
I live in West Branch, just about 10 miles outside of town and drive around town and the outside of town all the time and I do not see things as bad as you do,

I grew up in Flint and I think it looks a whole lot worse then West Branch does, West Branch is a very nice place to live, it is up north and for as long as I can remember there has alway been trailer and shakes that people live in- it is up north...and the simple life, we do not expect people to have grand expense houses- we except people for who they are, not what type of house they live in... Our down town is very well taken care of and a very nice place to shop and walk around,

and as for the Smiley Tower I seen him yesterday and he still has the same big smile on his face he has always had...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan