Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 05:59 AM

217 posts, read 592,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigansnowflake View Post
Wanted to add:

Dons Drive-In in TC for the BEST chocolate Malt you ever had! This is a must stop for us. The burgers and fries are great as well.

A Shout Out to NorthMan for the tip on Petoskeys Thai Orchard....helps the cravings for good thai food at least. Still searching for great Chinese...almond boneless chicken, fried with a brown gravy...like I could get down state....and egg rolls with Bean Sprouts instead of cabbage in them, I would seriously kill a proper egg roll.....*sigh*

Guiseppes Italian Grill in Charlevoix has some seriously good Italian going on...took friends from Grand Blanc there and they raved....the scallops capri and the catillioni .....*sigh*.....divined.

The Country Smoke House in Almont....the best turkey jerky ever, plus elk and buffaloo burger to buy and a great deli filled with all kinds of fresh meats and sausages and jerkies and cheeses...
AMEN! My brothers life long friend from school owns the country smoke house(Incidentally me and my brothers all graduated from Almont) and he brought us up some samplings last year......this stuff ROCKS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 06:06 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,264,910 times
Pinconning Bakery...the pasty is great..

The Stop Light in Honor has the best Beef Stew...haven't been there in years..

Old 08-13-2009, 09:25 AM

13 posts, read 45,570 times
Tonys Resturant off I75 at the Birch Run exit. Be sure to order 1 meal for 2 people or even 3 people.
I kid you not! And the food is good and reasonably priced too.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:19 AM

103 posts, read 345,022 times
Erma's Frozen Custard in Utica - I've been loving that little shack since I was born!

Kalamazoo - Bin 359 was always my favorite place to have a martini and enjoy a fantastic meal for awesome prices. They had this risotto app that was just AMAZING...

Years ago we were in Escanaba and there was a Mexican place "downtown" that was AWESOME. I don't like Mexican food most of the time, but this was the best I ever had. They also had a fanastic fish place...The Stone House??? Can't remember.

In Lansing, well it's not really Lansing, and I couldn't even tell you if it's still standing, but there's a shack called the B&I Bar. ...okay, I just looked it up:
5247 Old Lansing Rd
Lansing, MI 48917-4471
(517) 322-9037

If it hasn't changed, this place is a DREAM DIVE. It's the size of someone's basement. And it looks like someone's basement...from the 70s. You have two menus: "Microwave Menu" and "Fryer Menu"

On Wednesdays it was Taco Wednesday where you'd get a big plate of the cheapest, greasiest and tastiest tacos around for a few bucks. The place was CROWDED. The best part was that they'd throw some plywood on top of the pool table and we'd all sit around it eating tacos for lunch.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:52 PM

939 posts, read 2,684,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigansnowflake View Post
Wanted to add:

Dons Drive-In in TC for the BEST chocolate Malt you ever had! This is a must stop for us. The burgers and fries are great as well.
The burgers & fries are great at Don's but the facility needs a serious cleaning. Hygenically, it is a disaster area, between the dirty walls, windows, sticky floors & tables, & the waitressesw/their filthy aprons. I'm puzzled as to how the owner of such a popular establishment prefers it to be filthy

Old 08-13-2009, 08:11 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,179,731 times
OK, how about Angelo's Coney Island on Davison Rd in Flint? It's apparently quite a landmark. I've eaten there; not terribly impressed but then I don't really like coney type food.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:18 AM

87 posts, read 255,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
OK, how about Angelo's Coney Island on Davison Rd in Flint? It's apparently quite a landmark. I've eaten there; not terribly impressed but then I don't really like coney type food.
These things are gold. I ate 8 of them in one sitting.

There is one place over in GR thats pretty famous for having "red hots" as they call them. When I did carpeting over there we used to get them for lunch but I'm blanking on the name. Used to destroy those things as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan