Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2010, 01:05 AM

426 posts, read 1,283,018 times

Advertisements

I really love fish(cod) and chips, there does not seem to be anywhere in this area that has them that are decent. They are always tastless and overcooked. I live in the 27 and Gratiot area. Anyone know of a good place that is say within 20 miles?
My favorite place for fish is Whiteys in Davison, but that is way to far. Anyone tried them from around here, if so is there anyplace that is similiar to theirs in this area? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 12:40 PM

38 posts, read 121,370 times
Hey try the "Galley" in Algonac. And believe it or not "Big Boy" in Marine City, excellent fish and chips.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:29 PM

Default Fish and chips

Where is Galley at in Algonac. Is it on the water? Can I get there by taking 23 Mile up from New Baltimore? Thanks

Old 03-25-2010, 06:03 PM

38 posts, read 121,370 times
Yummy fish, no the "Galley" is not right on the water, but its close... Its a bar/ restaurant (emphisis in restaurant) that is by the krogers across from the public access, and been in business for years. Great food with family atmosphere and the nautical "Gar Wood/ Chriscraft theme. Ask any person from Algonac, and the Galley will eventually come up as the best food around. Hey also, I forgot to mention that up in Marysville there is one of the last remaining "Long John Silvers".

Old 03-25-2010, 06:16 PM

Default fish and chips

Yes, I made the mistake of going to that Long John Silvers. It was the worst.The food was ice cold and had been sitting probably since lunch. I could not even eat it.
I complained via the internet and got one response saying they would check it out and get back with me, but I never heard from them again. I used to love Long John Silvers years ago, but like everything else it has gone to the dogs.
I had it down in North Carolina a few years ago, and it was pretty good, although I don't think I really want to know what kind of fish it really is.
I will try the Galley when I go that way. Looking forward to it.
When I was a kid we used to camp at AlgonacWe used to go to the Fog And Suds is that still there? Also was a place on the water that had an angus cow on the roof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan