Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2011, 04:26 PM

22 posts, read 38,753 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if the military will automatically take the childsupport out of your check or do you have to continue to send it your self?
My son is paying childsupport and would like to start it automatically himself but not sure if the military does it automatically..

Does anyone know how this work?

Last edited by kfkj; 09-17-2011 at 04:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 05:24 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfkj View Post
Does anyone know if the military will automatically take the childsupport out of your check or do you have to continue to send it your self?
My son is paying childsupport and would like to start it automatically himself but not sure if the military does it automatically..

Does anyone know how this work?
No, child support has nothing to do with the military....

How long has your son been in? He should know that he can start an allotment and this allotment can be tracked forever....to be on the safe side for future reference....

Unfortunately, if you want the court to do it, they add money to the total payment, ask me how I know....

Old 09-17-2011, 06:21 PM

22 posts, read 38,753 times
Chucksnee, my son is in his 2nd training and only been in the military for a few months now so we are still new to this... his child support is through court order.. when he register his child into the program he just thought the chidsupport would be deducted from his check since he gave them (military) all the information from the court (and was told it would be)... so that is why i ask i wasn't sure if he had to set up anything him self or if the payment automatically comes out.. i did read about the allotment and i will tell him when i talk to him.. he hasn't been able to do anything since he out on the field training.

Thank you for you information..

Old 09-17-2011, 06:23 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfkj View Post
He has a court order and he is in 2nd training so only have a few months into the military he did talk to his SGT about it but because my sons training in the field he hasn't a chance to do anything. he is making his payments him self but bacause he might not be able to send it out on time one day he felt it would be better to do it automatically.. I did read about the Allotment but i was confuse on how that work if he had to set it up him self, he did give the military all the info on the court order so he just thought maybe they would take it out of his checks automatically...

Yes, tell him to set up an allotment....all he needs to do is talk to his SGT/SSG and tell them WHY, and they will/should take care of him....

Was the court order while he was in the military? If not, then go back and tell the court to start a deduction...might cost a little more...but 15 years down the road...and she says a payment has been missed, he will be thank full when that time comes...

Old 09-21-2011, 08:03 AM

39 posts, read 113,979 times
There is a difference between child support that was court-ordered and child support that was basically suggested by a case worker at an agency. If they went to court - in front of a judge - then chances are, those payments are automatic and can't be changed. If they didn't, then there is a chance he can have the arrangement changed. The mother has to agree to it though. If he tries to change it without her consent, then things could get ugly...at that point she can get his job involved by going to his chain of command. There won't be any need for that if they come to an agreement AND if it isn't court-ordered though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues