Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 09:58 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times

Advertisements

I don't understand why people lie about their military service.

I had a guy come into where I work bragging about how he worked for the secret service...and that he was prior service in the Army. I asked him so what was your MOS? He's like what's MOS?

LOL.

MOS IS YOUR JOB. How can you not know that...Liar. Busted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 11:00 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Had a guy bragging he worked on nuclear engines on an aircraft carrier and his work was classified. He was busted when I asked him his rank and he said sargent.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:16 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
Interesting story about the opposite happening.

Two brothers from my hometown enlisted during Vietnam into the SeaBee's. ( they came from a construction family)

They both were stationed at Cam Rhan Bay ( about the safest place there was in Vietnam ) They wrote letters home and stated they weren't in any danger.

Their neighbor's son was drafted in the Army and was in Vietnam in the infantry. His mother would frequently hear on the news about his unit taking casualties.

The 2 mothers were best friends.

The mother of the 2 sons in Cam Rhan Bay ( Navy) wrote leters to her sons accusing them of hiding the truth from her when they said they were at a quite safe location as she assumed everyone in Vietnam was at the same risk and under the same battle conditions.

Yup, the 2 Navy guys told the truth and their mother thought they were lying so she wouldn't worry as much.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:19 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZappa301 View Post
surprised that 300 to 1 number isn't higher, in the short time I was in the Navy, every other dude was talking about how they "almost made it at buds"...
From those that I knew who are Seal's they will tell you this, "There's no such thing as, I almost made it in Bud's", either you did and your a Team member, or you failed. Personally I preferred to be a SeaBee and stay that way . But for 11 years I enjoyed working for them and all the countries they shipped our back sides to. Although, we SeaBees are the forefathers of the Seal Teams.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I don't understand why people lie about their military service.

I had a guy come into where I work bragging about how he worked for the secret service...and that he was prior service in the Army. I asked him so what was your MOS? He's like what's MOS?

LOL.

MOS IS YOUR JOB. How can you not know that...Liar. Busted!

What? You never asked him if he ever had to obtain the keys to the parade field, or go out and get a bucket of grid squares? Dang, what kind of Army Chick are you? LOL

Old 02-07-2010, 02:53 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
What? You never asked him if he ever had to obtain the keys to the parade field, or go out and get a bucket of grid squares? Dang, what kind of Army Chick are you? LOL [/color][/i][/font]
Gee, then I should have asked the nuclear sailor wannabe for 50 yards of shore line, keys to the main engines, or sky hooks.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:51 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
What? You never asked him if he ever had to obtain the keys to the parade field, or go out and get a bucket of grid squares? Dang, what kind of Army Chick are you? LOL [/color][/i][/font]
How about if they ever had to get a jar of Lanyard grease.

Old 02-14-2010, 06:50 PM

8,484 posts, read 6,891,592 times
There are a number of true imposters out there but a few ex service people stretch the truth about their time in the ranks. I know an individual who indicates to others and on a well known internet social networking site that he served four years in the 82nd airborne as a paratrooper with a tour of duty in Iraq citing "distinguished service".

He did serve in Iraq and in the 82nd but as a helicopter avionics repair person and an occasional truck driver. He left the service as an E-2 after a year and a half because he could not meet the Army's physical fitness requirements.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:11 PM

512 posts, read 1,564,867 times
Why I remember when we were back in Kersnotixstan in 97' and I had to take out a whole pack of commandos with my trusty pocketknife. I got so many medals from that one that most of them are still classified and I'm not allowed to wear them in public. I was killed in that one. They brought my body back in a closed casket so nobody would see my classified medals.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgepl View Post
Why I remember when we were back in Kersnotixstan in 97' and I had to take out a whole pack of commandos with my trusty pocketknife. I got so many medals from that one that most of them are still classified and I'm not allowed to wear them in public. I was killed in that one. They brought my body back in a closed casket so nobody would see my classified medals.
Funny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues