Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 06:50 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
And good luck enforcing that.
Well obviously there are servicemembers who get caught in the act, on-base or aboard ship.

If they have any smarts they get off-base before engaging in any illegal activity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 07:11 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,329,732 times
Having just finished recruiter school... I never once saw a form that asked whether someone was gay. I admit, there are some forms I won't learn about until OJT... so it might exist.

I just did my security clearance, there was not a single question about if I was gay. Although, I don't have a TS, so maybe it's on the TS paperwork.

I just looked at my own enlistment contracts from 1999, and there is nothing about it there.

Technically, you are allowed to be gay. You can be as gay as the world is round, as long as you don't tell anyone or act on it.

I am sure it is OK if I share exerts from our regulation, as I didn't have a copy of our regulation with me, and I was able to google it... since it's on a zillion public websites, anyone could look it up...

AFI 36-2002:
"Applicants for enlistment, appointment, or induction shall not be asked or
required to reveal whether they are heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual. Applicants also will not be
asked or required to reveal whether they have engaged in homosexual conduct, unless independent
evidence is received indicating that an applicant engaged in such conduct or unless the applicant volunteers
a statement that he or she is a homosexual or bisexual, or words to that effect."

A11.3.3. Homosexual conduct is grounds for barring entry into the Air Force, except as otherwise
provided in this paragraph. Homosexual conduct is a homosexual act, a statement by an applicant that
demonstrates a propensity or intent to engage in homosexual acts, or a homosexual marriage or
attempted marriage. Propensity to engage in homosexual acts means more than an abstract preference
or desire to engage in homosexual acts; it indicates a likelihood that a person engages in, or will
engage in homosexual acts.
A11.3.3.1. An applicant shall be rejected for entry into the Armed Forces if, in the course of the
accession process, evidence is received (see notes 1-4) demonstrating that the applicant engaged
in, attempted to engage in, or solicited another to engage in a homosexual act or acts, unless there
is a further determination that:
A11.3.3.1.1. Such acts are a departure from the applicant's usual and customary behavior;
A11.3.3.1.2. Such acts, under all the circumstances, are unlikely to recur;
A11.3.3.1.3. Such acts were not accompanied by use of force, coercion, or intimidation; and,
A11.3.3.1.4. The applicant does not have a propensity or intent to engage in homosexual acts."

So basically- I can’t ask you, but if you tell me……

Last edited by dmarie123; 06-02-2010 at 07:28 AM..

Old 06-02-2010, 12:22 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
I just did my security clearance, there was not a single question about if I was gay. Although, I don't have a TS, so maybe it's on the TS paperwork.
Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues