Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 10:27 PM

33 posts, read 144,619 times

Advertisements

So this is my second incident in as many years of living on the north side. Last year, as some of you may remember, my snowblower was stolen from my garage. Now a window in my house was smashed with a piece of asphalt.

After the snowblower incident, my wife insisted we get a security system. After this recent incident, she wanted more because this was our house and we could have been home. Now I installed bars on many of the windows. Now I have a Remington 870 Pump-Action loaded with Double-Ought Buck Shot next to me at night. Now she sports a .357 Magnum Revolver. Now we will be getting a trained German Shepherd.

At first I wanted to move to the suburbs with the fairy-tale life. I can't do that since she works for the city. In any event, I know a lot of the neighbors and I think we need to stay to help stabilize the neighborhood and maybe help the city.

We can take back this city. Someone comes in my house I will shoot to kill. Let's join together and get them off the street one at a time.

Who's with me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 05:42 AM

402 posts, read 976,715 times
In theory it could work

Old 11-01-2010, 12:23 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
If I feel the need to sleep next to a gun, I'm moving - you can have that city, at least that neighborhood.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:07 PM

448 posts, read 1,820,442 times
Sometimes I feel like killing people but in reality I don't think you really want to shoot someone for stealing your snowblower.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete View Post
so this is my second incident in as many years of living on the north side. Last year, as some of you may remember, my snowblower was stolen from my garage. Now a window in my house was smashed with a piece of asphalt.

After the snowblower incident, my wife insisted we get a security system. After this recent incident, she wanted more because this was our house and we could have been home. Now i installed bars on many of the windows. Now i have a remington 870 pump-action loaded with double-ought buck shot next to me at night. Now she sports a .357 magnum revolver. Now we will be getting a trained german shepherd.

At first i wanted to move to the suburbs with the fairy-tale life. I can't do that since she works for the city. In any event, i know a lot of the neighbors and i think we need to stay to help stabilize the neighborhood and maybe help the city.

We can take back this city. Someone comes in my house i will shoot to kill. Let's join together and get them off the street one at a time.

Who's with me?
well get the democrats and liberals out of office, they give your hard earned money away so lazy people can live off it, they let there kids run your neighborhoods, you have gangs, crack heads, pan handlers, drug dealers, and as long as THERE IS free money FROM the system more LOSERS COME . Chief brayer would have never let it go like it has, but milwaukee finally has a good chief of police but he has A LOT of work he has to fix from others before him. But i live out in the country and worked in milwaukee and i believe if everyone votes FOR walker for governor and get rid of fiengold, like i said i live in the country NOT milwaukee i shouldn't care but i do. every business left cause of Doyle and Barret, who can afford all those taxes? for once milwaukee needs to get every republic IAN to go vote, yes i know IT'S HARD we are always busy working cause we are hard workers and proud we don't want to live off the government WE ARE PROVIDERS BUT sometimes someone needs some help thats what it's there for food stamps AND WHAT EVER THERE IS nothen wrong with that but when it is your career there is something wrong and it will just get worse those crack heads need to get money so they rob you, the gangs just need to feel big so they will intimidate you and your family that is not a way to live, fight back and get others to go vote and change WISCONSIN get the democrats out we can't even spend money but they have no problem spending are HARD EARNED TAX MONEY, don't anyone see something wrong with this, like are so called president after these elections they are going to India for a few days, 2 jumbo jets, and air force one, two hotels booked 700 rooms ocean view so are navy has to sit out there and 57 car security but remember what obama said we all have to cut back and so was he. WELL THAT VOCATION TO INDIA DON'T LOOK LIKE A CUT BACK BUT are tax money paying for another vocation for the obama's. Boy i wish i could afford a vocation right now oh also i would like my own make up artist and hair stylist just like Michele obama, I'm not calling her first lady she is no first lady. But i hope Wisconsin comes together and gets rid of this problem called democrats and liberals, we have so much to offer there is so many business that want to be here in Wisconsin cause we have the largest fresh water supply, cut some taxes and watch them flock in. there will be so many jobs. but we the people have to change this go vote if not for yourself then look at your children or grandchildren this is about there future, take milwaukee back get those bars off your house your not a criminal don't live like one and don't let punks make you. fight back what happened to Americans you just ALL gave up, what a slap in the face to are vets that lost lives , legs, arms, just for us and this country AND are freedom. well when you have to start putting bars on your windows you won't be having any freedom. Good luck i hope you dig down deep and find your fight BUT YOU CAN START AND GO VOTE GET THE DEMOCRATS AND LIBERALS OUT OF OFFICE START AT THE TOP AND WORK YOUR WAY DOWN CAUSE REPUBLICANS WILL NOT LET PEOPLE LIVE OFF ARE TAX MONEY AS A CAREER THEY WILL HAVE TO GET A JOB.

Last edited by brickbitch; 11-01-2010 at 04:05 PM..

Old 11-01-2010, 04:42 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times
Okay having a swear word in your name doesn't make you look respectful or even credible.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:07 AM

71 posts, read 162,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
If I feel the need to sleep next to a gun, I'm moving - you can have that city, at least that neighborhood.
AMEN! a 60 mile commute would be less stressful that that crap.
(I understand about the city job, but theres other safe locations in the city limit)

Old 11-04-2010, 09:36 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete View Post
Now I installed bars on many of the windows. Now I have a Remington 870 Pump-Action loaded with Double-Ought Buck Shot next to me at night. Now she sports a .357 Magnum Revolver. Now we will be getting a trained German Shepherd.
FYI - Bars on windows = major problem if there's a fire or some other reason you need to get out of the house without using a door and can make it harder for the fire department to access the home if someone is inside during a fire. God forbid that ever happens, but consider your kids and pets (if you have any).

IMHO, bars on the windows make the whole neighborhood look unsafe (and trashy) which can draw down housing prices if several people start doing it. If a piece of asphalt came through your window but nothing was stolen, it was probably idiot kids. Here it seems a lot of the houses have double windows so that seems like a deterrent as far as breaking in would go.

Guns are all fine and dandy if you know how to use them. We got rid of ours because it was too hard for me to use. Anyway, shooting to kill might seem fine in theory but you'd still be prosecuted (even with a self-defense argument) and you may do some kind of time or at least have it on your record. Not sure you want to go that route. I'm sure you're kidding here but there has to be a better way of addressing crime than just by killing off all the criminals. Like I said, it was probably some kid just making mischief and if you figured out who it was and told their parents, they'd probably be grounded for a long time and learn their lesson. A camera system might be a better investment than the bars.

We have a 95-pound German Shepherd and he's a great dog, even being untrained as far as protection is concerned. Most people see him and freak out, even though he's a big baby. If someone were to hurt me, though, that would be a different story. Sometimes my husband and I play around and there have been several times when the dog has lunged at my husband, thinking he was hurting me.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:20 PM

33 posts, read 144,619 times
Well it looks like Walker did get elected so I guess we'll see if he changes anything. He mentions he wants to create a better castle doctrine, we'll see if that happens.

Oh and I don't have bars all over, only windows not visible from the street. And I do have working smoke detectors in every room of the house. Don't have kids, certainly would move if I were going to have any. Right now property values have gone down too far to move anyway. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.

Oh and I did get the GSD, having fun with her. She is already trained so it is really nice.

Oh as as for the guns. We're going practicing this weekend out in the country. Also, never said I would shoot someone for stealing something, the guns are for if someone comes in the house when I'm home sleeping.

Remember the saying, "Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6"...

Old 11-05-2010, 07:41 PM

709 posts, read 656,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
FYI - Bars on windows = major problem if there's a fire or some other reason you need to get out of the house without using a door and can make it harder for the fire department to access the home if someone is inside during a fire. God forbid that ever happens, but consider your kids and pets (if you have any).

IMHO, bars on the windows make the whole neighborhood look unsafe (and trashy) which can draw down housing prices if several people start doing it. If a piece of asphalt came through your window but nothing was stolen, it was probably idiot kids. Here it seems a lot of the houses have double windows so that seems like a deterrent as far as breaking in would go.

Guns are all fine and dandy if you know how to use them. We got rid of ours because it was too hard for me to use. Anyway, shooting to kill might seem fine in theory but you'd still be prosecuted (even with a self-defense argument) and you may do some kind of time or at least have it on your record. Not sure you want to go that route. I'm sure you're kidding here but there has to be a better way of addressing crime than just by killing off all the criminals. Like I said, it was probably some kid just making mischief and if you figured out who it was and told their parents, they'd probably be grounded for a long time and learn their lesson. A camera system might be a better investment than the bars.

We have a 95-pound German Shepherd and he's a great dog, even being untrained as far as protection is concerned. Most people see him and freak out, even though he's a big baby. If someone were to hurt me, though, that would be a different story. Sometimes my husband and I play around and there have been several times when the dog has lunged at my husband, thinking he was hurting me.
If someone is in my house, their intention is to do me harm. At least, that's what my assumption is. My actions will then, of course, be based on that assumption.

Even in WI, with our lack of a "castle doctrine", we have a strong self defense statute that plainly states how and when you may protect yourself, another person, or property. More specifically, even in Milwaukee County, you aren't even going to be charged if you shoot someone in your home and it is a good shoot.

Oh, and if some kid throws a chunk of pavement through my window, his punishment better be a hell of a lot more than getting grounded for a few weeks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee