Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 11:35 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,003,083 times

Advertisements

You would avoid going to the major city in your state because of that? Wow.

I mean, if nothing interests you there, and you like being in a tiny town of 2k, fine, but its a bit of overreaction, to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 12:01 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,918 times
Oh yes, anyone who doesn't want to live in a highly populated, high crime, pander to ghetto trash city MUST be a cowardly wallflower that must never leave the womb! That's great that you love it there, and that your so awesome and bad that no one mess with you there. Not everyone shares your sentiment! BTW I live in a highly populated area too, and we've had nearly a hundred less murders than Mayberry, I mean Milwaukee! I lived in Milwaukee almost 40 years and avoided troubles too, but I'm also not going to look down on anyone who doesn't love it.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:06 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,003,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Oh yes, anyone who doesn't want to live in a highly populated, high crime, pander to ghetto trash city MUST be a cowardly wallflower that must never leave the womb! That's great that you love it there, and that your so awesome and bad that no one mess with you there. Not everyone shares your sentiment! BTW I live in a highly populated area too, and we've had nearly a hundred less murders than Mayberry, I mean Milwaukee! I lived in Milwaukee almost 40 years and avoided troubles too, but I'm also not going to look down on anyone who doesn't love it.
You're living in a country with sensible gun laws and in a tourism area, if your location is accurate.

But we were commenting on visiting, not living there.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:11 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,571,143 times
Quote:
Lol, right. If you actually lived here you would know precisely where the crime is. But you don't therefore your post is irrelevant.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:17 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,318,399 times
Quote:
The comment was about a visitor to Milwaukee--someone who is presumably courageous and savvy enough to handle the mean streets of Oakland and Newark, yet shuts down and avoids Milwaukee over a smashed window in an ill-patrolled (and probably privately-run) parking lot for a major tourist event.

BTW, if half of the posters here would actually *read the thread* first, they would find that hardly anyone here has a "Mayberry" perspective of Milwaukee. But yeah, I know: people use these forums to vent rather than to discuss.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:10 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,005,566 times
Quote:
Your not going to look down on anyone who doesn't love Milwaukee and you question why we should be sensitive to degrading remarks, but you start off your post by insinuating that Milwaukee is a crowded crime infested city that panders to ghetto trash. Then the bizarre rant about being awesome and bad and nobody will mess with you. Wow! I don't know what's worse this post or the other post about a lot attendant 50 feet from six cars and does nothing as a vandal or whatever smashes windows and a cop that doesn't care.

Last edited by Allan Trafton; 09-08-2016 at 03:46 PM..

Old 09-14-2016, 10:59 AM

448 posts, read 1,821,270 times
Quote:
OTOH, nobody in Milwaukee has been killed by wild animals, whereas in AU people get killed by sharks, crocs, spiders, kangaroos all the time.

Old 09-15-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Lol, right. If you actually lived here you would know precisely where the crime is. But you don't therefore your post is irrelevant.

Can;t read very well can you? I lived on 45th North from 1964-2008 I know exactly where the crime was then and I do now. It's not rocket science. Only people that live there NOW can comment? I know more about milwaukee than you ever will

Old 09-15-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear_Art View Post
OTOH, nobody in Milwaukee has been killed by wild animals, whereas in AU people get killed by sharks, crocs, spiders, kangaroos all the time.

yeah ok sure

Old 09-15-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
Your not going to look down on anyone who doesn't love Milwaukee and you question why we should be sensitive to degrading remarks, but you start off your post by insinuating that Milwaukee is a crowded crime infested city that panders to ghetto trash. Then the bizarre rant about being awesome and bad and nobody will mess with you. Wow! I don't know what's worse this post or the other post about a lot attendant 50 feet from six cars and does nothing as a vandal or whatever smashes windows and a cop that doesn't care.

Sigh : The part about being bad and not being messed with was directed at the all knowing fearless fragile-who apparently thinks her opinion and experiences are only right ones, and anyone elses is just plain wrong. Typical of the WI mentality though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee