Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 10:09 PM

33 posts, read 400,078 times

Advertisements

What part of the Milwaukee Metro Area is the safest area and which part of the Milwaukee Metro Area has the most crime? I hear some parts of Milwaukee have crime? Is this true? Are the people there friendly?? Please let me know.
Thanks!
Chris
Eagan,MN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2006, 11:01 PM

4 posts, read 33,617 times
there are so many safe places in milwaukee. It depends on what kind of environment you would like to reside in..milwaukee offers the urban life, suburban life, "city" life, and so on. You sound like someone who does not trust to live in the city, i would say you belong in the suburbs. Oconomowoc,..Delafield,...Menom. Falls...all in the northwest suburbs- seems to be a quiet; yet at the same time, vibrant area to live in. Alot of jobs have also escalated in the area as a sude bonus. Delafield is not exactly my favorite type of environment..but it has a beautiful lake, and a nice little downtown to play in. Also a convient park and ride into the downtown area. The area, which is near interstate 94 has taken off with retail developments such as best buy and more chains. This is just one area of the large milwaukee metro that i can describe to you.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:07 PM

4 posts, read 33,617 times
Milwaukee's overall crime rate has dropped...the crime is basically all centralized in the north part of the city and is characterized as the "ghetto". What city that has a population in there metro near 2mil is not going to have crime? exactly, all major cities have crimes commited. I have been in milwaukee 20 years and have never experienced any major crimes near my area, and usually most crimes are drug related. Im not boostering milwaukee, but the people through the rest of the state seem to thinks its some hell-town, but no its not! I frequently visit cities like atlanta, dallas,baltimore,denver..and find milwaukee has alot more to offer.

Old 08-10-2006, 05:51 PM

Question What about Mequon??

How's Mequon,WI?? Is it a nice area. Is it a safe area as well. I bet the homes are very expensive. Please let me know.
Thanks!
Chris

Old 08-11-2006, 09:33 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,154,552 times
Default Be careful

Other poster wrote that crime is dropping. You could have fooled me. I can't remember if it was 4th of July or Memorial Day weekend, but we had 27 shootings.. some fatal. Some previously lovely, safe local lakefront parks (South Shore, and Sheridan) have recently had shootings by ilegal Mexicans/gangbangers.
Avoid Northside, Northwest side, and near Southside. Milwaukee schools (MPS) are bad. Doesn't matter even if you buy in a fairly good area of Milwaukee city. They bus here, and will bring the trash into your neighborhood.
Mequon is very expensive. So are Northshore communities (Shorewood, Whitefish Bay, etc.), and Brookfield. For reasonable priced housing, fairly safe, and pretty good schools, I'd recommend West Allis, Cudahy, South Milwaukee. More expensive and also good are Greenfield, Greendale, Franklin, Oak Creek, New Berlin and west end of Wauwautosa.
I advise against Milwaukee city due to even higher than normal property taxes, unacceptable crime in most parts of city, and bad schools if you have kids.
I've just given you a pretty accurate picture of the area. Private Message me if you want. Also, I am in Eagan almost every October.

Old 08-14-2006, 09:03 AM

Default To flynnjc...

In another state forum here at citydata you were identified as someone who posts the same sort of questions in many different forums. Are you serious about the Milwaukee area (or any area) or just playing ??

Old 08-14-2006, 02:29 PM

mrkool,
I am just wondering about the area because I am taking a trip. Not planning on living there.
Thanks!
Chris

Old 08-15-2006, 08:20 AM

Default Fair enough

Enjoy the trip. Just try to avoid the neighborhoods I mentioned. And to anyone else reading this post who may be moving to Milwaukee, heed the advice about neighborhoods, schools, etc. It's no joke. Don't listen to the "cheerleaders" who say everything is just fine, or that there can be bad people anywhere you live, etc., etc. Many neighborhoods in Milwaukee city have some serious problems, and almost all the schools in the city are bad. Don't get me wrong... the overall metro area ain't bad. Live in the suburbs.
I moved here by choice 10 yrs ago and am still here so it can't be too bad.
(except for those damned property taxes).

Old 08-19-2006, 03:32 PM

10 posts, read 27,232 times
Hello everyone! I have just moved to Wisconsin from California. I'm living in Wauwatosa near the fair grounds/West Allis. Does this area have any crime problems? So far things look pretty nice, but I have never lived so close to a major city, and I'm wondering if there are problems even though I live quite a ways away.

Old 08-19-2006, 06:25 PM

246 posts, read 329,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixphire24 View Post
Hello everyone! I have just moved to Wisconsin from California. I'm living in Wauwatosa near the fair grounds/West Allis. Does this area have any crime problems? So far things look pretty nice, but I have never lived so close to a major city, and I'm wondering if there are problems even though I live quite a ways away.
Tosa is a pretty good neighborhood, but as I've been told by people who live there it gets kinda dodgy the farther east you go. If you're west of 60th and south of North Ave you should be good.

Magpies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee