Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 12:09 PM

19 posts, read 32,181 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a good temp agency in the TC area. Back east I had great luck with a recommended local agency that had me constantly working short term receptionist and clerical jobs for a variety of small companies and large corporations on a pretty steady basis (which eventually led to full time employment). With all of the Fortune 500 companies in the area, I'm hoping to find similar opportunities here to help me get back into the job market. Any suggestions? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 01:07 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,297,575 times
Office Team--several locations around the metro. They work with a lot of clerical positions in the area. I've done work with the team out of the Bloomington office and have had a very good experience with them.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:50 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,234,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Office Team--several locations around the metro. They work with a lot of clerical positions in the area. I've done work with the team out of the Bloomington office and have had a very good experience with them.
I would also recommend Office Team. I know multiple people that have ended up with permanent Wells Fargo positions over the past few years after starting out through Office Team.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:25 PM

19 posts, read 32,181 times
Thanks, I will check them out!

Old 09-28-2012, 08:56 AM

464 posts, read 803,146 times
I worked with Manpower (and later Experis, which is their professsional division) for a long time, and had good experiences with them. I've heard good things about Office Team as well, and I've known people who have had luck with Apple One and Pro Staff.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:50 PM

15 posts, read 21,909 times
My roommate got a job through RandStad. They seem to be pretty decent and he's satisfied with them.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:35 PM

166 posts, read 391,305 times
The words "reputable" and "temporary staffing" do not belong together, it is an oxymoron! Temporary staffing is nothing but a modern day slavery in my humble opinion. The recruiters are nothing but blood suckers. Have you any idea what their cut is? it's astronomical. They sit in their comfortable chair and get fat while a poor worker labors with his/her blood and sweat.

A decent company only uses temp staff to try out worker to pick the best candidate (temp to hire), but some other companies routinley use revolving temps to get by with out having to hire a permanent worker.

Am I not only the cliant but also the president and or motto is "come 'temp 'till you drop' with us."

Old 10-07-2012, 04:14 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,297,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civic View Post
The words "reputable" and "temporary staffing" do not belong together, it is an oxymoron! Temporary staffing is nothing but a modern day slavery in my humble opinion. The recruiters are nothing but blood suckers. Have you any idea what their cut is? it's astronomical. They sit in their comfortable chair and get fat while a poor worker labors with his/her blood and sweat.

A decent company only uses temp staff to try out worker to pick the best candidate (temp to hire), but some other companies routinley use revolving temps to get by with out having to hire a permanent worker.

Am I not only the cliant but also the president and or motto is "come 'temp 'till you drop' with us."
I know exactly what their cut is and when you factor in how much it costs for a full-time employee it's a win/win for the company and the staffing agency. Yes, many companies only staff certain jobs with temps but so what, the market is there to do that and there are people that want to work as a temp, again win/win for everyone.

I love my temp job. I am doing exactly what I want to do and I get to control my hours. I also get paid VERY well for what I do.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:11 PM

110 posts, read 261,589 times
I love my temp job. I am doing exactly what I want to do and I get to control my hours. I also get paid VERY well for what I do.[/quote]

I think its FANTASTIC that you like your temp job and have a great relationship with your agency. I am presuming you have a specialized valuable skill that makes it a win/win for everybody without being manipulated.

However, but most people, myself and people I know--have bad experiences with temp agencies.
They post advertisements that do not exist to get their database full to sell to their clients.

We stopped using the temp agency(s) at my company (not sure how many they have gone through); but they are run very unprofessionably and I always felt bad for the temps because they were treated badly and were given jobs that did not fit them. I know somebody in the field who was like "duh, then we wouldn't have jobs if we gave them good people!!!". I found that quite bizarre and appalling that that was their business mindset.

Im interested in seeing this thread...cuz I would like to out the really bad ones--and help the good ones become better. This also includes outsourcing HR responsibilities too.

Manpower
Officeteam
Adecco
Jeane thorne

Were all pretty disasterous.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:46 AM

464 posts, read 803,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferr0052 View Post
interested in seeing this thread...cuz I would like to out the really bad ones--and help the good ones become better. This also includes outsourcing HR responsibilities too.

Manpower
Officeteam
Adecco
Jeane thorne

Were all pretty disasterous.
I worked on Manpower contracts for several years and had almost all positive experiences with them, and any negatives were on the client side, not with the agency. And my interactions with OfficeTeam have always been good even though I have not actually worked for them as of yet. I haven't worked with Adecco or Jeane Thorne, so I can't comment there. But I know that Manpower and OfficeTeam have some very positive long-term relationships with some major companies around here, which I don't think would happen if they were always as bad as you describe. I will admit that not all agency recruiters are good (there are certainly some hucksters out there), but they tend not to stick around, IME.

Plus, there are more temp/staffing agencies in this town than I can keep track of. If one doesn't work out, there are always more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul