Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2014, 05:57 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Yep, I believe it.

The Lead employee in our program proves it!!!
sorry to hear that, and I think I can speak for all TCers in thanking you for your contribution to this thread and perhaps we can take this constructive criticism to heart and look within ourselves to improve in this regard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 07:24 AM

327 posts, read 526,522 times
Just skimming the thread, but want to add my 2 cents. Have lived here for several decades and don't find it snobby (as I define the word), but neither do I find the people particularly warm or friendly...

Old 10-29-2014, 08:08 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,447,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Well, Nazi Germany was worse than Los Angeles in the 90's, does that make LA in the 90's any better? I love how people like to downplay their ethical shortcomings by pointing to someone else and saying "they're worse". That's a very stuck up thing to do.
Any time someone pulls out a comparison to Hitler or Nazi Germany you know the thread has run its course and there's nothing else to be said on the topic.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:12 AM

171 posts, read 195,580 times
Quote:
Well, Nazi Germany was worse than Los Angeles in the 90's, does that make LA in the 90's any better? I love how people like to downplay their ethical shortcomings by pointing to someone else and saying "they're worse". That's a very stuck up thing to do.
You know who else was stuck up? Hitler.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:54 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Prospector View Post
I heard his parents never got him the pet turtle he wanted

Old 10-29-2014, 09:00 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,711,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Prospector View Post
He couldn't decide if the Jews were a race or an ethnicity. He went with race. If only he had known that race is an artificial social construct.

Old 10-31-2014, 01:45 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times
Quote:
I lasted for well over a couple years ty. I honestly met many nice people, so I know not everyone is that way, but the overall culture I experienced quite cold and unwelcoming, and also quite bland and insular compared to what I'm used to. Additionally, many of the people I met from Minneapolis did indeed seem stuck up, and like the people on this forum, would frequently cite "Best" lists to support their insulated view of their state. Many of them considered Minneapolis to be literally the best city in the country, and like the people on this forum, laughed at places like Cleveland as depressed dumps, which is completely stereotypical, and far from the truth.
I don't know if you realize, but you're using a very similar type of list that cited the Twin Cities as snobby to support your belief of our state. I don't see how you can dismiss the 'best of' lists and support the 'snobby' lists at the same time.

I don't want this thread to die, it was a great read for a few days.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:13 AM

1,068 posts, read 1,429,324 times
I'll just add that I've been to Cleveland since I lived in Ohio. I'd never consider a move to Cleveland.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:49 AM

3,415 posts, read 5,127,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mplsite View Post
I'll just add that I've been to Cleveland since I lived in Ohio. I'd never consider a move to Cleveland.
Snobs generally don't fit in well in Cleveland, we're very down to earth.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:05 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,660,374 times
I love being a snob! We're better than you and don't you forget it! Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go bicycling with my other snobby friends through some of our georgeous parks and talk about how much Cleveland sucks while we do it. It'll be kind of difficult to see with our noses being pointed up in he air the whole time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul