Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2014, 02:54 AM

11 posts, read 19,191 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone. I posted a thread before and received many responses. Thanks for that

As I am moving from Australia to the twin cities, most likely first or second week this December.
Would any one give me any suggestion for temporary accommodation for a family of 4 Australians.
let's say 4-6 weeks, then move to a more formal renting home. I am trying to arrange it before leaving.

Your comments are appreciated.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 06:18 AM

10,624 posts, read 26,745,882 times
I'd check out airbnb.com or vrbo.com; not sure what they have for the Bloomington area specifically, but you may be able to find something decent that is more comfortable and more home-like (with a kitchen, etc.) then an extended stay hotel option. We've used both sites for stays ranging from a week to a month+, and have always had good experiences.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:27 AM

391 posts, read 660,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAlonzo View Post
Hello Everyone. I posted a thread before and received many responses. Thanks for that

As I am moving from Australia to the twin cities, most likely first or second week this December.
Would any one give me any suggestion for temporary accommodation for a family of 4 Australians.
let's say 4-6 weeks, then move to a more formal renting home. I am trying to arrange it before leaving.

Thanks.
This might work as a short term solution. It's not cheap, especially since you'd probably need 2 rooms - but it is just south of Bloomington. Probably worth inquiring:

Minneapolis South Extended Stay Property | InTown Suites

Old 11-06-2014, 01:59 PM

878 posts, read 1,208,763 times
I have to find the name of it-- but we were looking at an extended stay hotel in Bloomington that was either $89 or $99 per night and included breakfast every day plus dinner M, Tu and W. Plus, if you stay 30 nights or more, the tax on the hotel room was waived, making it a very affordable option. I'm mobile right now, but I'll check when I'm home, all I can recall is that it was across the street from the Mall of America.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:59 PM

1 posts, read 831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAlonzo View Post

Thanks.
We just bought a house and the lease on our 2 bedroom townhouse expires March 31. We are planning to move out by end of December. Let me know if interested. We live in West Bloomington, near 97th street and ensign avenue. You can see the location in google maps. Send me a private message if interested and we can talk. The rent is 1300/month + all utilities paid by tenant.
Thanks!

Old 02-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Status: "Do not pass GO, do not collect $300 (used to be $200)" (set 12 days ago)

600 posts, read 274,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVegas View Post
This might work as a short term solution. It's not cheap, especially since you'd probably need 2 rooms - but it is just south of Bloomington. Probably worth inquiring:

Minneapolis South Extended Stay Property | InTown Suites
Thanks for this suggestion! I'll probably be going with airbnb (or possibly a local friend), but if people want to keep posting suggestions like this, I'm sure it would help others like myself who found this thread via google.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul