Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 12:34 PM

249 posts, read 504,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange869 View Post
You should find the school district you want to send your kids to. Then you should move to that area. Open enrollment leads to other issues-- transportation of the child to school etc..

I am a Realtor, school district plays a part in the value of the home. If you already live somewhere-- maybe open enroll. If you are moving somewhere- move to the district you want to send your kids
Ideally I want to send my kid to a private school in Saint Paul. But my job is in Rogers. Plymouth is a central location for my wife and I, that's why we focused on there. Unless driving my kid to Saint Paul and then up to Rogers is ideal (which it's not), I'm open to the challenges of open-enrollment because it's simply not efficient to live in Saint Paul and drive to Rogers every day. Our house needs to be under $350k, which in Plymouth limits you to the Robbinsdale district.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 01:25 PM

19 posts, read 58,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiste13 View Post
Ideally I want to send my kid to a private school in Saint Paul. But my job is in Rogers. Plymouth is a central location for my wife and I, that's why we focused on there. Unless driving my kid to Saint Paul and then up to Rogers is ideal (which it's not), I'm open to the challenges of open-enrollment because it's simply not efficient to live in Saint Paul and drive to Rogers every day. Our house needs to be under $350k, which in Plymouth limits you to the Robbinsdale district.

I got lucky and attended private school as well-- Hill Murray. There is a private school ( Providence Acadamy) in Pylmouth. I know a guy that sends his kids there. Sounds like a good place-- very expensive.

I know what you mean about prices-- they have gone batty. There seems to be many offers for each house. Not enough supply, rates are going up-- things are becoming less affordable. Ive been in the business for 25 years-- haven't seen a market like this ( no inventory)

There are many decisions that can influence where you live. I hope you find the right spot!!! Let me know if I can help in any way

Old 03-22-2019, 04:48 PM

83 posts, read 130,719 times
We ended up buying a place in the New Brighton/Saint Anthony school district. We'll consider some immersion schools or other schools once the time comes, but it's nice knowing were in a good district regardless. If we had moved just a few blocks over we'd be in the Columbia heights school district, and homes we looked at there were way more affordable than in New Brighton/St Anthony.

Apparently 1/3 of the Saint Anthony school district is made up of Columbia Heights and Minneapolis open enrollees! and the elementary school open enrollment is now closed off.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:03 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,917,966 times
Edina's open enrollment is closed. I registered my kids but are currently on the waiting list. The main issue isn't the open enrollment but transportation. Most times open enrollment won't give you a school bus, you have to find your own way to and from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul