Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:43 PM

11 posts, read 29,607 times

Advertisements

My family & I are moving to the Western Suburbs & need a single family home OR townhome rental by July 1st. Can anyone help me with websites that have rentals available (besides the Star Tribune's listings)? Also, do the July 1st rentals get published late May early June OR early-mid May? I don't know when to come back to MN (from CA) to find a place to live. I know a lot of people move during the warm months & don't want to get stuck with a crappy place because we waited too long. I need resources that advertise places to rent.....thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 05:13 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,294,149 times
This seems to be a common theme-finding rentals. I do know that your best bet is the SUNDAY Star Trib. That is when they will have the most rentals listed. You also might just have to do a Google search for rental town homes in each town and just call them to see if they have openings. Most places advertise openings with a sign and not so much in the paper--I don't know why.

You can also try the Sunday Trib again and call some real estate agents in the area and see if they have any houses for sale where the owners are willing to rent.

Some people will look at Craigslist too.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:37 AM

987 posts, read 3,818,169 times
We lived at some great townhomes in Plymouth. Walking distance to Medicine Lake.

Park Avenue of Wayzata - Fox Forest (http://www.parkavenuerentals.com/index.asp?pageID=18&communityID=2 - broken link)

Old 04-30-2008, 11:25 AM

98 posts, read 510,981 times
The Sunday Star Tribune is only good if you buy it in Minnesota. Even in South Dakota, we get the condensed version that hardly has any classifieds and don't even get me started on the paltry job section. I guess they just figure that if you aren't living in the area, you don't care to see those sections of the paper. Its rather annoying.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:44 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,294,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak11 View Post
The Sunday Star Tribune is only good if you buy it in Minnesota. Even in South Dakota, we get the condensed version that hardly has any classifieds and don't even get me started on the paltry job section. I guess they just figure that if you aren't living in the area, you don't care to see those sections of the paper. Its rather annoying.
That is because it is an outstate version. Look online for the rentals, not in the paper. You get the outstate version most places more then 40 miles from the Twin Cities too.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:03 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,760,723 times
Craigslist has been my favorite. The Strib isnt bad, but a lot of the rental information is sparse and limited due to cost per length of the description and a lot lack pictures.

I checked both when I was apartment hunting. I ended up finding our current place on the Tribune, but I let my landlords know that I spent more time searching craigslist and could it by dumb luck. Since then they have put other apartments on craigslist.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:02 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,368,595 times
I found my apartment with Craigslist.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:24 PM

17 posts, read 82,864 times
Our family made the move from out-of-state last fall and I was regularly checking for rentals in the months before the move actually happened. Yes to the Star Tribune's online rentals plus Craigslist. I also liked to check out Homes for Rent, Apartments, Houses for Rent, Rental Homes and Rental Houses Home Rentals, Homes for Rent, Houses for Rent, Rental Homes because they would sometimes have pictures plus other details that you won't find in the newspaper or Craigslist (square footage, address, security deposit info, etc.). If you are not sure what area of the Twin Cities you want to settle in, you are able to see what is available by city/suburb.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:16 AM

987 posts, read 3,818,169 times
Think if you pick up one of those places to rent publications from the grocery store you can call them and they'll send you one for the area you want.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:54 PM

2 posts, read 6,047 times
I'm also moving to Minneapolis and need help

I was wondering which areas are good for a twenty something? I'm from NYC and relocating but was wondering if anyone can offer some good advice as to where to live? Also I was wondering if I needed a car, or could I get around on public transportation alone?

If so, what areas would be ideal for that?

Anyone with any information, it would be greatly appreciated~!

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul