Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2023, 11:53 PM

451 posts, read 421,454 times

Advertisements

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_con...ature=emb_logo

Crazy times at convention to endorse city council candidate.
Glad I left this. But sort of sad to see.
One glimmer of hope I saw that Michael Rainville was elected in the third ward. He is a very good guy.
Best of luck to all in mpls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2023, 06:24 AM

3,773 posts, read 5,321,473 times
Oh yeah, Third World politics have invaded Minneapolis!! Have they adjusted for inflation the price they will pay for a vote?

Here's another link to the reporting with videos. Doubt that you will see this in the Star-Trib.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ated-replace-2

Old 05-14-2023, 09:20 AM

542 posts, read 447,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Oh yeah, Third World politics have invaded Minneapolis!! Have they adjusted for inflation the price they will pay for a vote?

Here's another link to the reporting with videos. Doubt that you will see this in the Star-Trib.

What news event in Minnesota has the Star-Trib not reported in the past? I cannot think of a single instance unlike Fox news that refused to acknowledge the Jan 6 attempted coup hearings of the failed attempt. The hearings were led by a noted and respected conservative, one Liz Chaney. Fox News knowingly lied/lies to it's audience, as revealed by court documents, about election results admitting a disdain for the intelligence of it's predominantly conservative audience. A coup attempt by conservatives and a media trying to save rating by ginning up the audience with falsehoods about the election, trumps a dustup when it comes to groups acting like "third world politics".

Last edited by TheGrandViking; 05-14-2023 at 10:10 AM..

Old 05-14-2023, 09:44 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post

One of the responses to the Daily Mail article says it all. The party of forgivable violence.

Old 05-14-2023, 04:14 PM

20,323 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Why is this in a MN forum?

What country did that melee occur?

Old 05-15-2023, 10:55 AM

451 posts, read 421,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Why is this in a MN forum?

What country did that melee occur?

The melee occurred in Minneapolis Minnesota, Unites States of America

Old 05-15-2023, 11:50 AM

20,323 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodolfocostarica View Post
The melee occurred in Minneapolis Minnesota, Unites States of America
As long as that **** stays in Minneapolis Minnesota, Unites States of America and stays out of TN it's all good.

Old 05-15-2023, 11:54 AM

11,402 posts, read 5,960,793 times
I just wanted to check the demographic that was causing chaos. Predictable. Not surprising in the least.

This is our future. Thanks, Teddy Kennedy. You were a real piece of work.

Old 05-20-2023, 08:23 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times
You know how deplorable I am?

I'm so non-progressive that I actually miss diplomacy and statesmanship in politics on either side of the fence.

I'm going to say a word about our newest citizens. After a few years of observation I am willing to venture a guess that many of them are dealing with historical, intergenerational post-traumatic stress and could benefit from extra mental health measures.

I have some hope for future generations but to expect people as a group who have lived for generations in chaos and fear to operate appropriately in civilized society in a couple of generations seems unrealistic. I hope their leaders are aware of their trauma and making plans for help.

Old 05-21-2023, 08:57 AM

3,773 posts, read 5,321,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
You know how deplorable I am?

I'm so non-progressive that I actually miss diplomacy and statesmanship in politics on either side of the fence.

I hope their leaders are aware of their trauma and making plans for help.
^^^This. So true.

Most groups of people are capable of solving their own problems without being "assisted" by the virtue-signalers, or what has been called the "soft bigotry of low expectations". But it takes leaders who can speak the truth and turn away from the opportunity to grift.

“Back in my old neighborhood, there was a special contempt for the kind of guy who was always trying to get two other guys to fight each other. Today, it is considered a great contribution to society to incite consumers against producers, tenants against landlords, women against men, and the races against each other.”

- Thomas Sowell

Last edited by Teak; 05-21-2023 at 09:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul