Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 04:41 PM

7 posts, read 15,853 times

Advertisements

Are there any Video Game stores other then gamestop around Bloomington?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 07:22 PM

540 posts, read 1,097,233 times
The only one I know of offhand is Planet Games in Southdale.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:40 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,065,208 times
Im a big fan of small video game shops! I know of many but only one exactly in Bloomington. All of these are ones I know off the top of my head, you may be able to find more by google.

Hi Score games has locations in Mall of America, and a few others. They have tons and tons of stuff and tons of retro stuff. The one in the mall of america is a stand and not an actual storefront last time I was there.
HiScoreGames.com
Hiscore is the only one out of all of these that has a location in Bloomington.

Game Central has locations in Southdale, Eden Prairie Mall, and Ridgedale. I go to the one in St Cloud quite a bit and while some of their stuff is overpriced, and some stuff REALLY OVERPRICED, they do have some good deals. The one in St Cloud used to be a stand but now has its own store front, the one in Ridgedale and Southdale are actual storefronts as well.
Game Central | Home

If your in St Cloud check out Gorilla Games. It technically is in Waite Park but Waite Park is just a suburb next to St Cloud, Waite Park doesn't even feel like its own town, if you been to St Cloud you probably know what I mean. The Gorilla Games is right by the mall across the street from Macys and Target. There isn't any Gorilla Games in the Twin Cities, but the St Cloud location has a lot of fans on facebook that seem to love it. As of right now I haven't been there but I been meaning to go check it out sometime when I have money.
Gorilla Games Store Locations - Visit a Gorilla Games Store
Gorilla Games of St. Cloud | Facebook

The main website is basically all franchise info. but the facebook page has actual pictures of the store and such.

Play N Trade has locations in Rosemount, Savage, and one in Baxter. Ive never been to one myself and I wish they had one in St Cloud because I really want to go to one, but they're suppose to be fantastic.
www.playntrade.com

Sorry none of em excpet Hi Score games has a location exactly in Bloomington, and you may be able to find more by going to google.

Last edited by Radical_Car; 06-29-2010 at 08:51 PM..

Old 06-29-2010, 08:54 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweilo845 View Post
The only one I know of offhand is Planet Games in Southdale.
What the heck is Planet Games? I never heard of it and just checked Southdales website and they don't have it listed on their list of stores, and I found nothing by googling it.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
What the heck is Planet Games? I never heard of it and just checked Southdales website and they don't have it listed on their list of stores, and I found nothing by googling it.
It's the old name for Game Central. I didn't know they changed it. I agree with you that some of their games are overpriced, but it's a decent place to look for older stuff. I found a couple of PS1 "lonbgbox" games last time I was there.

If I could actually stand going to the MoA, I would check out Hi Score Games :b

Old 07-01-2010, 02:35 AM

Quote:
It's the old name for Game Central. I didn't know they changed it. I agree with you that some of their games are overpriced, but it's a decent place to look for older stuff. I found a couple of PS1 "lonbgbox" games last time I was there.

If I could actually stand going to the MoA, I would check out Hi Score Games :b
Interesting, because Game Central at one point was also called Games N Go.

Hi score games is just a stand in the MoA, I see on their site they got a picture of one of their stands at the Maplewood mall and obviously they got more then 1 stand and they're just showing one of them, thats what the one at MoA is like, and actually since they're in the MoA I think they're stuff was even more overpriced then Game Central, well I never actually looked there long, I walked by it and glanced at some NES games and saw ridiculous prices for some really common games and kept walking before some employee attacked me.

Gotta love it when im at the mall just looking and I have no money and they try to give you a sales pitch, even after I tell them im just looking and I have no money. I was looking at a dvd stand at one mall and he kept telling me they have a sale buy 2 get one free or something and I told him I was looking and had no money and he kept pressuring me to buy some new action movies he just got in today and telling me how good they are. I REALLY wanted to say to him unless your going to give me something for free or loan me money to buy something don't bother trying to force me to buy something.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:37 AM

97 posts, read 104,360 times
There's one in MoA, 4th floor ... can't remember the name of it though!

Old 07-02-2010, 11:02 AM

IIRC that's a Gamestop. They have a couple of different storefronts in the MoA.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
IIRC that's a Gamestop. They have a couple of different storefronts in the MoA.
Only video game stores I know of in the MoA that have an actual storefront is Gamestop. They do have a couple different storefronts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota