Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 05:29 PM

55 posts, read 305,415 times

Advertisements

Is it easy to find Kasava Starch in markets in Minnesota???

This is the core ingredient to produce the delicious uniquely Brazilian Cheese Bread... whose recipe varies from different places in Brazil!

All Americans who've been to my home enjoyed so much they made me promise to make it in the states when I return...

Instead of eating those crappy cereals Americans tend to eat, this is
the best bet for
a healthy and tasteful Breakfast: Brazilian Cheese Bread & cup of Coffee (also from Brazil)...really yummy!!!!

http://tudogostoso.uol.com.br/imgs/2228.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 09:07 PM

448 posts, read 1,050,147 times
You can't post a picture of yummy bread and not share the recipe! I have no idea what Kasava Starch is unfortunatly.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:05 PM

987 posts, read 3,819,345 times
It's called pao de queijo. General Mills makes it in Brazil but does not import it. Although you can make it using tapioca starch from the Asian grocer, it's better to use fermented tapioca flour.

It is not, repeat, NOT, low fat.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmousern View Post
You can't post a picture of yummy bread and not share the recipe! I have no idea what Kasava Starch is unfortunatly.
Don't worry...!!!! If everything goes fine I'm pretty close from settling a new branch of my CHOFFEE's HUT in Minneapolis. (specialties:chocolate/Braz coffee & Bread Cheese)
I just need to sort out a few details but it's very likely to be in Minneapolis....

When it's done, you'll be my guest for some free-cheese bread and a cup of coffee...

Old 03-23-2008, 02:46 PM

22 posts, read 131,613 times
Ok Cooliner,

First, I don't think eating cheesebread is especially healthy, second, cereals can be very healthy, just choose right... (you know, whole, little sugar, etc).

But I must admit, I love pão de queijo, they're yummy and easy to bake. I make it with tapioca flour that you find easily here in the natural products section.

Now, for a Brazilian, you've got to like the cold here.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurogal View Post
Ok Cooliner,

First, I don't think eating cheesebread is especially healthy, second, cereals can be very healthy, just choose right... (you know, whole, little sugar, etc).

But I must admit, I love pão de queijo, they're yummy and easy to bake. I make it with tapioca flour that you find easily here in the natural products section.

Now, for a Brazilian, you've got to like the cold here.
Yes, you're right: some cereals are OK! (I was referring to those Kellogg's sugar bombs!!!)

Yes they can be made with Tapioca flour, though with casava starch they get lighter (+/- 35%...)

As to the cold, I was in Minneapolis in 1998 but in the spring...but cold for me isnot a problem!!!!

I'm originally from Rio de Janeiro (now I live in Curitiba PR) and in Rio, temperatures are usually 106ºF most of the days!!!

Everyday is a scorcher!!! Forget about every thing you've heard about
the reputation of Rio as "the wonderful city"...
Anyplace hot like that cannot be wonderful...!!!
and
before you ask, Yes, I'm a real carioca, though you will never hear a carioca talking bad about Rio...!!!!That's why I moved here to Parana!!!!

I plan to install a branch in MN and after everything is settled and kosher
I'll only come back to supervise it occasionally...

Old 03-23-2008, 04:33 PM

31 posts, read 106,864 times
What is real carioca?

Old 03-23-2008, 04:50 PM

22 posts, read 131,613 times
Default Carioca

Carioca is the name given to the people born in Rio de Janeiro.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:58 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times
it appears Cooliner is trying to use this thread to promote a business he is starting in Minnesota..

I think you shouldn't use this thread for promoting a new business !

Pay for your promotion and advertisement like other reputable business owners do.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:26 PM

987 posts, read 3,819,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooliner View Post

Yes they can be made with Tapioca flour, though with casava starch they get lighter (+/- 35%...)
What's the difference between Tapioca and Cassava? Are they different plants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota