Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 07:13 PM

374 posts, read 1,125,252 times

Advertisements

Anyone out there have any experience with travel nursing in Minnesota? We were hoping to get a temporary travel assignment somewhere just to have some time to decide if we would like living there and have some time to look at land/houses. Most of the travel companies do not have jobs available in Minnesota. Anyone have any experience with this, and if so, what companies are getting the contracts? I want to get a permanent job, but not until we have some time to figure out if we would like it..... Let me know! At this point, we are thinking we might have to go to Wisconsin or the Dakotas for a temp. job.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 10:04 AM

24 posts, read 60,365 times
They are laying off some nurses at area hospitals right now d/t the economy, so now isn't the best time.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:53 AM

4,361 posts, read 6,528,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead123 View Post
They are laying off some nurses at area hospitals right now d/t the economy, so now isn't the best time.
News to me. I see nothing but adds for Nurses. Where are you? There is a Nursing shortage from my understanding, and that is almost everywhere.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,994 times
Default Male CNA on the move

Looking to head back to my home town warroad, so if there is any listings for CNA jobs up there I would be glad to hear about them. I know male CNA's are even harder to come by, and I am very well trained.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:03 PM

slamont61, are you a nurse? because nurses laugh at the so-called 'nsg shortage' myth...I have friends right now who are looking for jobs, look at the hospital websites, and see if you see any jobs posted...or long term care for that matter. All of the area hospitals are on a hiring freeze right now, and several have laid off (my friend included). The shortage is some kind of urban myth that just wont go away.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:28 PM

So are we stupid? I am just feeling so frustrated because we absolutely can't stand where we are now and we have to get out! But I am beginning to worry that we won't be able to find work. It just makes me feel sick to think about having to stay here. I just don't think I can do it. But how do we face moving right now, when we could end up jobless with no place to go? How are other people out there doing it? Are you putting off your move? Or are you just going for it.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:47 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead123 View Post
slamont61, are you a nurse? because nurses laugh at the so-called 'nsg shortage' myth...I have friends right now who are looking for jobs, look at the hospital websites, and see if you see any jobs posted...or long term care for that matter. All of the area hospitals are on a hiring freeze right now, and several have laid off (my friend included). The shortage is some kind of urban myth that just wont go away.
Where do you live that there is such an abundance of nurses? I did a quick check of the Allina website and there are 64 positions for nurse open for external candidates right now.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:16 AM

check out the article 'condition critical' in todays strib

Old 02-01-2009, 10:39 PM

Thanks for the article suggestion- I am afraid it is going to be like that everywhere if it isn't already. I also looked at the job site and yes, there are 64 jobs listed, but if you look more closely, about half of them are for LPN, not RN, and there are only about 5 or 6 that are full-time, the rest are all part-time. So it is not the rosy picture that it would appear at first! <sigh> We are all going to have some tough times ahead.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:01 AM

13 posts, read 44,823 times
Default LPN's are Nurses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganAK View Post
Thanks for the article suggestion- I am afraid it is going to be like that everywhere if it isn't already. I also looked at the job site and yes, there are 64 jobs listed, but if you look more closely, about half of them are for LPN, not RN, and there are only about 5 or 6 that are full-time, the rest are all part-time. So it is not the rosy picture that it would appear at first! <sigh> We are all going to have some tough times ahead.
News flash! LPN's are Nurses, too!
There will always be a need for Nurses all shapes and sizes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota