Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 07:30 PM

638 posts, read 3,122,950 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to find a nice restaurant between the Twin Cities and Rochester, MN and can't find such a thing anywhere between the 2 cities. I'm not interested in a bar & grill, and Country Kitchen is definitely not my idea of a good dining experience!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 03:57 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
No, not right on Highway 52. There are some in towns off the highway but they are not right off 52 so not worth it. The only one I can think of would be the restaurant at Cannon Falls Country Club. The food is good, it isn't 'fine dining" but they have a nice menu.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:55 PM

987 posts, read 3,817,383 times
Well if you start North of the Twincities there are plenty.

No I get what you mean.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:09 PM

17 posts, read 95,582 times
Default Try the Covered Bridge

The Covered Bridge in Zumbrota is right off Hwy 52. They have a dining room with full menu, and a decent sports bar/lounge, where they also serve the full menu. GREAT prime rib on Friday and Saturday nights, and a fun Bloody Mary bar on Sundays.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:18 PM

The reason I'm asking is because we are meeting my son's future in-laws for the first time; so a sports bar just doesn't cut it. I'd like to have a nice restaurant meal without TV's blaring at us and lots of noisy kids and other diners or kitchen noises in the background.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:02 AM

1,833 posts, read 3,348,687 times
Just south of Cannon Falls is the Edgewood Restaurant. Never been there myself but I Googled it. I read some reviews - said food good but not very clean in there. Called it a family restaurant.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromupthere View Post
Just south of Cannon Falls is the Edgewood Restaurant. Never been there myself but I Googled it. I read some reviews - said food good but not very clean in there. Called it a family restaurant.
I think that is closed. There are for sale signs up and it didn't look open.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLee View Post
The reason I'm asking is because we are meeting my son's future in-laws for the first time; so a sports bar just doesn't cut it. I'd like to have a nice restaurant meal without TV's blaring at us and lots of noisy kids and other diners or kitchen noises in the background.
You could try Rudy's Red Eye Grill in Rosemount. It is a nicer restaurant-not high end but better then anything else along 52, the name is deceiving. It is a pretty open place so it is a bit noisy but not sports bar noisy.

You might have to meet in a town vs along 52-there just isn't anything right on 52. Northfield might be an option but I can't think of any place to eat there that is nice--mostly fast food, bars and coffee shops.

Gopher Hills Golf course has a nice restaurant--http://www.gopherhills.com/restaurant.htm

It would be a nice place to meet future in-laws. It is off the beaten path some but not too bad.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:38 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,348,687 times
The for-sale sign has been outside of Edgewood for a long time. I haven't been by for a few weeks but the last time I paid attention there were cars there. Of course they could have closed since I last went up. I think it was August.

What about that Black Stallion place in Hampton? I don't know anything about it, but just suggesting stuff I know is along the route without having to far off 52.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:44 PM

Trying to find a restaurant between the Cities and Rochester has proven to be harder than we expected. We may end up eating in either a southern suburb or down in Rochester at this rate! Thanks for the help and suggestions, however.

I couldn't find any reviews online about the Black Stallion in Hampton; but I will check with the other couple and see if they have heard anything about it or have any suggestions for a nice restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota