Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 08:25 PM

78 posts, read 95,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2bHere! View Post
....and there we go again.......

Where did you EVER get the idea that these elections are about the candidates?

Tell me something.....the next time you have a problem with your Taxes, is it the White House you are going to call?

How about this mess with Menengitis? You gonna call the White House about that one?

What about that Oil Spill in the Gulf by BP a while back; who ya gonna call??

The Peoples Republic of China just put their first Aircraft carrier to sea in October. This is the first great Naval presence China has had since 2/3 of the way through the Ming Dynasty which ended in 1644.
Who ya gonna call?

I don't think you get it, Robert. Your days of sending some person to a distant city to run interference for you so you can get on with your Life are pretty much over and have been since WW II. Thats why I think the TS question here in the State of Miss. is particularly important. I believe the days of hiding behind a Sunday Football game in the fervent hopes that real issues will somehow evaporate are over.

FWIW.
Just what in the hell are you talking about?? Your idea of so-called "critical thinking" is what most people would call a HOT MESS. You ramble and have absolutely NO coherent point whatsoever.

BTW, I don't watch Sunday football.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 08:06 AM

45 posts, read 109,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
The evening nightly news has been showing preliminary maps of the U.S. shaded in either dark blue, light blue, dark red or light red as to where states are leaning. Colorado, Virginia, Ohio, and New Hampshire are the only gray states which are split down the middle for Romney and Obama. My question is, if Mississippi is generally a poor state, along with the highest African American population percentage-wise in the country, why is it dark red? Why don't the poor, and middle income people recognize Romney as another republican who's primary objective is to maintain low taxes for the rich? I live in MA and I will tell you that Romney is a pathological liar who will say ANYTHING to get elected.
Since you live in Massachusetts, I'll answer your question. You've posted this same almost identical item in numerous state forums. Apparently you can't content yourself with political affairs in your own state and have to meddle in the affairs of other states. As such, you are just like most Democrats, who feel the constant need to meddle in the affairs of others.

We Republicans, on the other hand, really don't question the motives of the people of Massachusetts for voting Democrat. Sure, we wish you didn't, but it's your right. We are content to concentrate our attentions on our own little state and leave you and your state alone.

And may I suggest that you do the same? What we do or how we vote in Mississippi is none of your concern. Go vote yourself some higher taxes and more regulations and leave us alone.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:10 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,911,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlVanDorn View Post
Since you live in Massachusetts, I'll answer your question. You've posted this same almost identical item in numerous state forums. Apparently you can't content yourself with political affairs in your own state and have to meddle in the affairs of other states. As such, you are just like most Democrats, who feel the constant need to meddle in the affairs of others.

We Republicans, on the other hand, really don't question the motives of the people of Massachusetts for voting Democrat. Sure, we wish you didn't, but it's your right. We are content to concentrate our attentions on our own little state and leave you and your state alone.

And may I suggest that you do the same? What we do or how we vote in Mississippi is none of your concern. Go vote yourself some higher taxes and more regulations and leave us alone.
It's called A TROLL POST.

Don't feed the trolls.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:01 PM

7,484 posts, read 6,269,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
It's called A TROLL POST.

Don't feed the trolls.
You used the "T" word.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:04 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,586,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
You used the "T" word.
Ya, I got reprimanded for calling someone a troll on this very forum once... I call it like I see it though, ban or not.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:14 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,911,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
Ya, I got reprimanded for calling someone a troll on this very forum once... I call it like I see it though, ban or not.
I served time in banned camp for mentioning the price of Dutch weed in the Travel Forum a few years back by some granny moderator from Utah. Funny stuff, I guess Grandma thought I was perverting the CityDataForum into dope fiends. But if they let this post survive, with the cross-posting, the spamming, the off topic political nature, I would think we would be OK with calling a troll a troll.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:40 PM

398 posts, read 546,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrobert01 View Post
Just what in the hell are you talking about?? Your idea of so-called "critical thinking" is what most people would call a HOT MESS. You ramble and have absolutely NO coherent point whatsoever.

BTW, I don't watch Sunday football.
Well..... I'll tell you what I'm talking about. The fact is that in the final analysis all Politics truly IS "local". I'm sure you've heard that old saw, even down here in Ms. And if you don't understand how that applies allow a person new to Ms. to enlighten you.

I've been on this forum for just a few days now and have been learning more than any newbie should have to about the short-comings of my adopted State. I hear a lot of things about how the schools suck, the Delta is rife with crime and no development and how Ms. is a great place to retire just as long as one avoids the State populace.

Now...call me crazy, but maybe....just maybe.... some folks in my newly adopted State are not all that wild about how things are where they grew up. For them I have some Class A information. Listen up, Folks..... you heard it here first.... A New President is NOT Gonna help your situation. If you want better schools and some Industry in your Delta, folks in Ms. are gonna have to stop arguing for their own limitations and start making it happen. Its gonna take some well-educated and well-motivated people to make this happen and Critical Thinking is where its gonna start.

Now....James..... would you guess I've been pretty clear about this?

FWIW.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:46 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,168,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd714 View Post
i served time in banned camp for mentioning the price of dutch weed in the travel forum a few years back by some granny moderator from utah. Funny stuff, i guess grandma thought i was perverting the citydataforum into dope fiends. But if they let this post survive, with the cross-posting, the spamming, the off topic political nature, i would think we would be ok with calling a troll a troll.

lol!!!!

Old 10-30-2012, 05:46 PM

78 posts, read 95,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
I cast my ballot for "none of the above". I realize that Gary Johnson doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hades of winning, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for either of the other liars.
I am not voting early, but I will probably be with you on that choice next week...

Old 10-30-2012, 06:03 PM

7,484 posts, read 6,269,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I served time in banned camp for mentioning the price of Dutch weed in the Travel Forum a few years back by some granny moderator from Utah. Funny stuff, I guess Grandma thought I was perverting the CityDataForum into dope fiends. But if they let this post survive, with the cross-posting, the spamming, the off topic political nature, I would think we would be OK with calling a troll a troll.
Check out post number 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi