Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: CD users of Mississippi, who are y'all voting for?
Hillary Clinton 3 17.65%
Donald Trump 10 58.82%
Gary Johnson 3 17.65%
Jill Stein 1 5.88%
Write-In 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 09:53 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Interesting to bump this up. I'm a bit curious if there are any Trump voters that wish they didn't vote Trump, or any Hilary voters that wish they'd went Trump.
I HIGHLY doubt that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 05:37 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,526,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
Voting Liberian, in this particular election, is a sure way to get Hillary elected. Hopefully in the future, Liberians will be a viable option
Why does Mississippi have the reputation for being one of the most backward and uneducated states? LOL ( psst you already answered the question).

Old 04-21-2017, 07:42 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post
Why does Mississippi have the reputation for being one of the most backward and uneducated states? LOL ( psst you already answered the question).
Ok, I give up. Please ,please, tell us why Mississippi has the reputation for being one of the most backward and uneducated states. I can hardly wait to hear.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:00 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,859,823 times
Quote:
Not that I'm a fan, but when the alternative is Hildabeast, I'll cast my vote for Trump. At least he understands that radical Islam is likely the biggest threat to the country.

And I hate Political Correctness about as much as he does.
How is radical Islam the biggest threat to the US? I mean, really. There are over a dozen serious issues the US faces that cause far more social problems, deaths, crime, and dysfunction compared to radical Islam. How does radical Islam affect you personally that you would say it is America's biggest threat? Bigger than the opioid crisis? Bigger than violent crime? Bigger than the active attempt by a foreign adversary to undermine American democracy (unless you believe that every single head of every single American intelligence agency is lying about that)? Bigger than unemployment and the collapse of the American Middle Class? Bigger than a broken health care system that still manages to cost American taxpayers far more than the taxpayers of nations with single-payer health systems? Bigger than the massive influx of billionaire money into elections after Citizens United and how it has competely changed American democracy? Bigger than the effects of Climate Change?

I could go on, but I wonder how you and so many others continue to view "radical Islam" as the biggest threat America faces.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:04 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,895,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
How is radical Islam the biggest threat to the US? I mean, really. There are over a dozen serious issues the US faces that cause far more social problems, deaths, crime, and dysfunction compared to radical Islam. How does radical Islam affect you personally that you would say it is America's biggest threat? Bigger than the opioid crisis? Bigger than violent crime? Bigger than the active attempt by a foreign adversary to undermine American democracy (unless you believe that every single head of every single American intelligence agency is lying about that)? Bigger than unemployment and the collapse of the American Middle Class? Bigger than a broken health care system that still manages to cost American taxpayers far more than the taxpayers of nations with single-payer health systems? Bigger than the massive influx of billionaire money into elections after Citizens United and how it has competely changed American democracy? Bigger than the effects of Climate Change?

I could go on, but I wonder how you and so many others continue to view "radical Islam" as the biggest threat America faces.
Uh, I'm in the military and have close family in the military. I've deployed to the middle east multiple times. Only two ways to stop them, make them rich (money cures everything) or kill them. Radical Islam much bigger threat long range than anything you list. Life in America has never been better than now, the middle class is stronger than ever, poor people here live better than 75% of the rest of the world. Unlimited opportunity for everyone, never been an easier time to make it. Never been a better time or place to live.

Don't believe the CNN/MSNBC talking points, they are as wrong a Fox News. Be your own person, as my Dad always said, "don't believe anything you hear or read and only half of what you see." I base my views on 50 plus of life and experiences in over one dozen countries and visits to many states and territories.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:11 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times
More people die from lack of healthcare than radical Islam. More people die from police in a week than radical Islam in a decade. More veterans commit suicide from various reasons more than radical Islam. More sharks have killed people than radical Islam in the last decade. But radical Islam is the problem..

Old 07-26-2017, 06:12 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,895,429 times
Are you seriously concerned about death resulting from a police interaction? Statistics show that between 450 (FBI reported) and 700 (liberal publications estimates) people die each year from interactions with law enforcement, almost all of them are due to aggression from the offender. If you think the police are any threat (as long as you are not threatening), then you have believed way too much BLM idiocy.

Starting with 9/11, over 10,000 Americans have died directly as the result of Radical Islam. Almost 3,000 innocent died on 9/11, since then there have been at least 10 more attacks in the US, with 49 murdered in Orlando and 15 in San Bernadino. US military deaths are in the 7,000 range.

What makes them so dangerous is they believe it is fine to kill innocents and that to die for the cause is rewarded in the afterlife. They have no standing army, but are a dangerous threat and will be more and more active and commit more and more acts of terrorism against Americans. They will grow stronger and will not stop, while we grow weaker and more tolerant (hell Hillary was set to open the door to thousands more).

There are only two realistic ways of dealing with them, make them rich (life in rich Gulf Countries is nice and those citizens don't usually commit terror acts) or kill them. Neither of these options is achievable, we will continue this war for decades to come.

So yes, long range, Radical Islam is a huge threat.

Old 08-07-2017, 05:53 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,859,823 times
Quote:
Are you seriously concerned about death resulting from a police interaction? Statistics show that between 450 (FBI reported) and 700 (liberal publications estimates) people die each year from interactions with law enforcement, almost all of them are due to aggression from the offender. If you think the police are any threat (as long as you are not threatening), then you have believed way too much BLM idiocy.

Starting with 9/11, over 10,000 Americans have died directly as the result of Radical Islam. Almost 3,000 innocent died on 9/11, since then there have been at least 10 more attacks in the US, with 49 murdered in Orlando and 15 in San Bernadino. US military deaths are in the 7,000 range.

What makes them so dangerous is they believe it is fine to kill innocents and that to die for the cause is rewarded in the afterlife. They have no standing army, but are a dangerous threat and will be more and more active and commit more and more acts of terrorism against Americans. They will grow stronger and will not stop, while we grow weaker and more tolerant (hell Hillary was set to open the door to thousands more).

There are only two realistic ways of dealing with them, make them rich (life in rich Gulf Countries is nice and those citizens don't usually commit terror acts) or kill them. Neither of these options is achievable, we will continue this war for decades to come.

So yes, long range, Radical Islam is a huge threat.
Hold on, now. You are counting American soldiers who died in battle as casualties of Islamic Terrorism? Yeah, it certainly had nothing to do with a field army fighting a war in two foreign countries, one of which had barely a problem with radical Islamic terrorism before the invasion and inept "nationbuilding" effort there. Soldiers who die in a war cannot properly be called victims of terrorism. Unless you want to apply that to the 40,000+ who died in Vietnam, also fighting a counter-insurgency against enemies who used similar tactics. Just because the fighters in Iraq and Afghanistan were Muslim does not make American battlefield deaths count as deaths from terrorism. Terrorism is almost always used to refer to attacks against innocent civilians — not against heavily-armed soldiers fighting in a warzone.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:53 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
How is radical Islam the biggest threat to the US? I mean, really..........
Did the threat go away on 9/12/2001? Or is it under control?

It's under control. I would like to keep it that way. That's why Trump won. He recognized the problem and addressed the issue that Hillary tried to hide.

I approve of his, "Don't let 'em in/Don't let 'em form enclaves" positions.

We should welcome legal, vetted immigrants who have a purpose for being in our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
View detailed profiles of: