Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 11:27 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,220,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
Actually, we need to evacuate most of the residents of Delta. There are no jobs and there will never be good jobs, those people, for their own good, should be evacuated to Atlanta and other areas where their offspring will have a chance of a sucessfull future.

Atlanta already has issues with an overabundance of unqualified (and qualified) people vastly outnumbering the actual number of jobs there. And a lot of the ne'er do wells from the Northeast and Rust Belt have migrated there for the lower cost of living, or the hopes of getting a job, or the perception that moving to Atlanta would solve their problems/lot in life. I lived there for many years, enjoyed my time, but it's definitely not the land of milk and honey that many people think it is. Texas is only slightly better, especially if they get a job working with their hands, since a lot of those jobs seem to be in abundance there compared to the more white-collar environment of Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 07:44 PM

1,257 posts, read 889,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
Galactic Golf in Bay St. Louis.

828 U.S. 90 Ste.C, Bay St Louis, MS 39520
(228) 466-2818

With all due respect, if you can't find any good places to eat on the Mississippi Coast you ain't lookin'.
There aren't many dining choices in Bay St. Louis, that's my town. LaChula is good...Tripani's is ok. I see we have a new authentic Italian restaurant I want to try, but there is a serious lack of fine dining around here. I'm not interested in bars, juke joints, or burger-and-seafood shacks. We do like Steve's Marina in Long Beach (when the Jimmy Buffet music doesn't drown out conversation) but again, I was talking about BSL. We don't always want to drive 30 minutes for a nice meal with good ambience and a non-party atmosphere. This town takes it's beach party vibe way too seriously. Classy. That's all I ask for.

Last edited by SouthernProper; 09-13-2017 at 08:55 PM..

Old 09-13-2017, 09:52 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernProper View Post
There aren't many dining choices in Bay St. Louis, that's my town. LaChula is good...Tripani's is ok. I see we have a new authentic Italian restaurant I want to try, but there is a serious lack of fine dining around here. I'm not interested in bars, juke joints, or burger-and-seafood shacks. We do like Steve's Marina in Long Beach (when the Jimmy Buffet music doesn't drown out conversation) but again, I was talking about BSL. We don't always want to drive 30 minutes for a nice meal with good ambience and a non-party atmosphere. This town takes it's beach party vibe way too seriously. Classy. That's all I ask for.
You're in the wrong state lol

Old 09-14-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
You're in the wrong state lol
New Orleans has fantastic dining, but it's an hr away from us and fighting NOLA traffic is a nightmare. But once in a while....

Old 09-14-2017, 09:43 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,988,353 times
Quote:
New Orleans has fantastic dining, but it's an hr away from us and fighting NOLA traffic is a nightmare. But once in a while....
Consider me one who isn't all that impressed with NOLA food.

I think MS has plenty of great spots for food, most people who come through would agree. Certainly better as a state than Alabama and others around. annie is just a liberal hater.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post

I think MS has plenty of great spots for food, most people who come through would agree.
One more time ... I'm talking about my own town. I haven't eaten my way around Mississippi, not do I intend to. I want a nice, quiet, romantic date spot with excellent food that is special enough not to prepare myself at home (I'm a very good cook). When we dine out we don't want to spend extra money on something we can have at home. Loud music, fried food, burgers, drunk people ... not my idea of a nice night out. Not everyone likes a party atmosphere. My posts here are mostly in reference to my own experiences in my town. I'm sure (I hope!) it isn't like this throughout Mississippi, but this is where I live. BSL has the party theme DOWN. They excel at it. Our favorite Mexican restaurant here in town has very good food. But it's crowded ... a loud Mariachi band plays ... we enjoy our time but often leave with a headache. One can only take so many nights out with the Funky Chicken Dance and "Wastin' away again in Margaritaville". I can't be the only one who wants finer things and class around here sometimes.

Last edited by SouthernProper; 09-14-2017 at 11:34 AM..

Old 09-14-2017, 02:52 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,895,429 times
Quote:

I think MS has plenty of great spots for food, most people who come through would agree. Certainly better as a state than Alabama and others around. annie is just a liberal hater.
Alabama wins just by having Dreamland.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:56 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,895,429 times
Quote:
Consider me one who isn't all that impressed with NOLA food
Concur about NOLA, I've eaten at some of the "finer" restaurants there, color me unimpressed. I do not have a refined palate though.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Concur about NOLA, I've eaten at some of the "finer" restaurants there, color me unimpressed. I do not have a refined palate though.
We aren't big burger people ... I make my own po boys, red beans & rice and gumbo ... so we don't want that when we go out. We like good quality steaks, prime rib, red snapper, really good pasta dishes, excellent high quality Italian and Chinese. Our Mexican restaurant is very good. Other than that ... it's been challenging. One of our best date nights was at Rock Center Cafe in NYC ... at Christmastime ... overlooking the ice skaters. The food was very good, but it was so much more than that. The ambience, soft lighting, quiet conversation, upscale decor, people dressed up. Fine fine fine. Someone point me to a restaurant like that here in my region (not NOLA) and I will be so grateful!

Last edited by SouthernProper; 09-14-2017 at 05:03 PM..

Old 09-14-2017, 06:02 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times
Quote:
Nola traffic is such a breeze coming from Baton Rouge! I never go out towards Slidell though.
Quote:

Umm he mentioned there weren't enough fine dining options and I said you're in the wrong state but I'm a hater for that? Lol.
Quote:
Which ones? Some have had chefs pass away or move on, also, don't come and eat the fancy stuff. Go eat at the holes in the wall. Chicken plate at Willie Mae's is the s***.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi