Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 05:48 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,551,240 times

Advertisements

Hello you all!!! I am going to be moving in 10 days to Moberly. I still don't have place to live yet but I will find one when I get there. In the mean time I am having my stuff stored. I want to Thank everyone for their help and funny time on this forum. It will be a while for me to get back online again and share my experience. It is funny but I sure am going miss you all. I like talking to you all. I know I am going to have withdrawels realy quick but can't help it if I don't got hook ups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2007, 07:04 PM

354 posts, read 324,936 times
Not Fair! Not Fair! LOLOLOLOL I am so happy for you and I really hope that you enjoy the move and all the fun things that go with find a place to live and such as that. Please be careful on your move.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:03 AM

Thanks!! Mohillibillywoman. I hope we get together and cook one day like them bread.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:06 AM

Hey I have another question? Do you tip your movers? I am having Wheaton World Wide Moving company moving. They will have the local mover here in town move the stuff in the truck and another local mover in Missouri move my stuff. How do I tip these guys and Do I tip the driver as well? Any suggestions? I am not made of money but I don't want to upset anyone.

Karey

Old 07-30-2007, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
Hey I have another question? Do you tip your movers? I am having Wheaton World Wide Moving company moving. They will have the local mover here in town move the stuff in the truck and another local mover in Missouri move my stuff. How do I tip these guys and Do I tip the driver as well? Any suggestions? I am not made of money but I don't want to upset anyone.

Karey
Ooops Forgot and HOW MUCH DO TIP PER PERSON?

Old 07-30-2007, 07:38 AM

354 posts, read 324,936 times
I honestly have no idea. I am sorry but one of the other people will have to tell you because I have never used a moving company.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:44 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,058,452 times
kbear!!! Congrats!!!

Here is to a successful and happy move & settling in...

As to tipping, to each their own. You will hear various suggestions - some companies discourage, others welcome it. Me, on my moves, I've usually have bought lunch [keeps them on-site working ], and/or after getting to know them more, maybe buy a six-pack of beer [or bottle of wine] - however, some moving companies do not allow alcohol - some do. Just depends. I've never given a tip per se, but suggest that do what you feel is comfortable, and appropriate [some suggest 10-15 bucks a person, esp. if they have provided extra care/service.]

Guess one problem is that on one hand, they are performing a service, like a waitress or waiter, but on the other hand they are performing a service, like a mechanic... I know that ain't gonna help ya any, but,,, there is no hard/fast rule to this. And of my 5 moves, as said above, I never did tip, just had snacks, drinks, cold water, bought lunch, and so forth.

Again, and most important... good luck, be safe, and enjoy!!!

Old 07-30-2007, 06:16 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,634,449 times
have a safe trip out here to MO kareybear! I sure hope it goes nice and smooth for ya'll. BTW I usually buy the moving guys some pizzas and soda but not until they have at least 75% of the stuff on the truck as they tend to want to take a nap after they eat

Old 07-30-2007, 10:42 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,654,796 times
Exclamation Drive careful!

Congratulations, KareyBear! Hope you have a safe and wonderful trip! Are you traveling alone or with the kids?

Don't forget that you can usually get online at the local library so maybe you can pop in every once in awhile and let us know how you're doing.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:57 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,495,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post

Karey
We went out and bought them lunch. They seem happy with us doing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
View detailed profiles of: