Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 08:56 PM

9 posts, read 24,765 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the Branson area for my husband's new job with ticketmaster, but a friend of mine who's way into Branson visits tells me there's some hostility over Ticket master moving in. Is this true? Should I train the kids to say their dad's a "computer guy"? Would I be welcome in the newcomers group? Maybe this is just silliness. Either way we're moving, but it's good to be prepared. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 03:11 AM

9 posts, read 24,765 times
Well, guess I got my answer. I'll leave y'all alone.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:15 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,635,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeans View Post
We are moving to the Branson area for my husband's new job with ticketmaster, but a friend of mine who's way into Branson visits tells me there's some hostility over Ticket master moving in. Is this true? Should I train the kids to say their dad's a "computer guy"? Would I be welcome in the newcomers group? Maybe this is just silliness. Either way we're moving, but it's good to be prepared. LOL.
Sorry but I have no idea about nor have I ever heard of "Ticket Master rage" but I know nothing of the Branson area so who knows if this is a problem or not. I'm sure resident Branson expert Lake Junkie would be able to shed more light on this issue. As far as the MO ladies newcomers club...I would recommend jumping right into the thread that is going on right now and join up with the fun loving bunch of young ladies from MO.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:13 AM

354 posts, read 325,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
Sorry but I have no idea about nor have I ever heard of "Ticket Master rage" but I know nothing of the Branson area so who knows if this is a problem or not. I'm sure resident Branson expert Lake Junkie would be able to shed more light on this issue. As far as the MO ladies newcomers club...I would recommend jumping right into the thread that is going on right now and join up with the fun loving bunch of young ladies from MO.
And the not so young that plan on being back in MO soon.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:18 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,383,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
Didja see the behind the "young" lady part?

I haven't heard a thing about hatred of Ticketmaster...in the general public. I'm pretty sure the competition won't like it, but I'm trying to figure out why the public wouldn't.

WELCOME! You just come on. The kids will be fine!

Last edited by Lake Junkie; 08-04-2007 at 11:30 AM..

Old 08-04-2007, 12:00 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,656,908 times
aww heck, you'll probally just get hit up for free tickets and stuff

Old 08-04-2007, 12:42 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
Yep, Some of us not so young still like to have fun. No rocken chair and TV for me yet....
JM in North East Arkansas

Old 08-04-2007, 02:33 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,635,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Didja see the behind the "young" lady part? ...<snip>...
heh heh I reckon I got the and the backwards dagnabit!

Old 08-06-2007, 09:55 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,060,436 times
Quote:
Well, guess I got my answer. I'll leave y'all alone.
Sorry you did not receive a reply in a more timely manner - saw your post, was contemplating a reply, but got tied/lost in others... sorry...

As to TM, all can say is that, at least in the StL and other areas, they are viewed as, well, as a humongous shark, adding fees here and there for every little thing. Please, don't take such personally, as it is the company, not you, your husband, nor kids that have such a reputation.

For example, so besides the basic ticket cost, there will be a charge/fee for the facility, a convenience, order processing, and/or then delivery... Add all these other items up, and that can be significant amount of cash, esp. if there are multiple tickets involved.

For one example, and altho' somewhat dated, the following can give a basic summary of why there is such feelings towards such a firm:
This Is Broken - Ticketmaster feature
Trash City: Why Ticketmaster Sucks

Again, this is not you nor your husband's fault [or is it!?!?! - just kidding... I hope... ], so would not worry about such. However, if you do indeed encounter such troubles or not, please do let us know. For a few extra tickets [wink, wink], I can send some nefarious members of my clan over that way to protect yas...

Old 08-06-2007, 09:17 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,383,163 times
Question kbeans...are you there?

Since we haven't heard from kbeans, shall we assume that she's gone off to play in some other virtual sandbox?

Quote:
Whatever feelings people might have about Ticketmaster and their fees, remember that MOST of the Branson locals (you know, those neighbors and friends and school mates) don't buy tickets.

They probably aren't even aware of the issues involving TM and their fees.

And OF COURSE you're welcome in the newcomers group, silly!
BTW...are you getting new license plates?
I collect out of area plates...buy ya lunch...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
View detailed profiles of: