Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 08:37 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times

Advertisements

What's awesome is, Todd Akin has said some incredibly stupid ****, and yet, he's still in a dead heat with Claire McCaskill, which illustrates just how worthless she is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 07:04 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,611,075 times
I'd hardly call it a dead heat. Even Rasmussen has her up by 8 in their 10/17 polling.

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Missouri Senate Race

Old 10-24-2012, 07:34 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
What's awesome is, Todd Akin has said some incredibly stupid ****, and yet, he's still in a dead heat with Claire McCaskill, which illustrates just how worthless she is.
Actually, what's "awesome" (obviously you're easily pleased/led) is that the reality that usually it's incredibly stupid people who say incredibly stupid things has escaped you, as has the fact that his statement says everything about him and nothing about anyone else.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:27 PM

2,371 posts, read 2,759,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
CNN Political Ticker- All politics, all the time - CNN.com Blogs

Such shameful politics! McCaskill has done plenty for the state of Mo. Aiken has brought embarrassment to our state. Trying to vilify and degrade your opponent shows your character.

"She goes to Washington, D.C. and it's a little bit like one of those dogs, you know 'fetch,' and she goes to Washington, D.C. and gets all of these taxes and red tape and bureaucracy and executive orders and agencies and she brings all of this stuff and dumps it on us in Missouri," Akin said Saturday at a fund-raiser in Springfield, Missouri.

LOL that's nothing compared to what comes out of libs' mouths, this upsets you? How you've forgotten the "sticks and stones" McCaskill is a disaster, an Obama clone, with a corrupt husband. Enough with these silly "wars" with words, namecalling, whatever. The system is corrupt, stop voting for these self-serving big-spending power mad idiots who's only interest in you is your vote and your money.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:01 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG Dallas View Post
LOL that's nothing compared to what comes out of libs' mouths, this upsets you? How you've forgotten the "sticks and stones" McCaskill is a disaster, an Obama clone, with a corrupt husband. Enough with these silly "wars" with words, namecalling, whatever. The system is corrupt, stop voting for these self-serving big-spending power mad idiots who's only interest in you is your vote and your money.
Well stranger you are passing out advice how about some more SHOW ME!

Old 10-24-2012, 01:16 PM

We need to stop nominating and electing career politicians who's self-interests trump everything else. And yes, that's both Dems and Reps. It's to the point we are voting for the lesser of two evils. Take away politics as a career and the re-election incentives, at least minimize them. They buy our votes with pork and words and sound bites. Yeah, I didn't like what Akin said either but actions scare me alot more, let's not forget the centralization of governments and idolization of politicians is what started world wars. Put them in limited roles as intended, then move 'em out. Plenty of smart people in this country that could effectively serve for a few years, then pass the baton.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:30 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
We need to stop nominating and electing career politicians who's self-interests trump everything else. And yes, that's both Dems and Reps. It's to the point we are voting for the lesser of two evils. Take away politics as a career and the re-election incentives, at least minimize them. They buy our votes with pork and words and sound bites. Yeah, I didn't like what Akin said either but actions scare me alot more, let's not forget the centralization of governments and idolization of politicians is what started world wars. Put them in limited roles as intended, then move 'em out. Plenty of smart people in this country that could effectively serve for a few years, then pass the baton.
Big ideas. How are you going to implement them?

Old 10-24-2012, 01:39 PM

Great question, Versatile. It's really up to we the people, and how we vote, respond to surveys, write/communicate . . .it would really help if the media went back to investigative reporting, especially about conflicts of interest and corruption, cost/benefit analysis and so forth . . . but I'm afraid the SHTF before then. JMO but alot of us seem to respond only when things hit bottom (another 911/catastrophe, war, economic malaise, etc.) That's why I don't let the words bother me as much, they all say stupid stuff then have their PR people step in. Their actions matters much more. We shouldn't begin to be this divided as a nation. Anyway, peace. Hope all is well otherwise in my home state.

Last edited by MRG Dallas; 10-24-2012 at 01:47 PM..

Old 10-25-2012, 04:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
We have to nominate and elect people who are running, we can't just pull people off the streets. AS much as I would love to see term limits, for many, a few years would not work. Even when it comes to the house of reps, it takes more than a few years to even begin to get your ideas across. So, 10 years would be one thing, a couple no. Your ideas are simplistic and idealistic. I agree they would be fine, but they are not really workable. Now, for the 2 that are running in MO, how sad, both are jerks, in my estimation. Thank God I don't have to mark my ballot for either...

Old 10-25-2012, 09:15 AM

155 posts, read 278,736 times
Is there a place for a write in vote on the ballot in missouri.
Ive only voted here once and didint notice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri