Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2008, 01:15 PM

41 posts, read 172,356 times

Advertisements

I found what looks like a nice rural community "Brighton Mo", all the lots appear to be 2-1/2 acres plus and some nice homes.

Anyone live there, or know any information about the area? I'm not even sure if it's an actual town, or just a rural community. THANKS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 02:26 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,611,075 times
I don't know anything specifically about Brighton, though I have heard of it. Brighton is, I believe, unincorporated and is about a half hour north of Springfield. Most of those little towns are very rural but a lot of the residents work in Springfield. If you want something rural but with amenities fairly nearby then it's probably a good match. I think there's a gas station, but I suspect that's about it.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:38 PM

Default A gas station is better than nothing, maybe they also sell beer, bread and milk also

Thanks aragx6,

That's about the closest I've come to learning anything about Brighton so far, except there are a lot of homes for sale at realtor.com, seems like many are moving out.

A gas station is better than nothing, maybe they also sell beer, bread and milk also.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:11 PM

16 posts, read 68,178 times
Brighton is just a few minutes south of Bolivar on Highway 13. I don't think there is an actual town - just a church and gas station along the highway. It would be about 5 minutes to get to Bolivar (one grocery store and a Walmart Supercenter - woohoo) and about 25 minutes to Springfield. There are also liquor stores on the outskirts of Bolivar only 2-3 minutes down the highway from Brighton, so beer would be close by.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:16 PM

Default Stockton Lake?

I could handle all of that, thanks. I'm assuming it's about 20 min. to Stockton lake. Is that correct?

Old 04-16-2008, 03:46 PM

2 posts, read 9,676 times
Default I live in BRIGHTON

You don't want to live there. There is nothing here. You have to drive to Bolivar 10 mi north or Springfield 20 mi south to get to a Walmart etc for groceries. There is a gas station on the other side of the Hwy, but the prices are ridiculous!

PS all the houses and I mean ALLL the houses are for sale b/c they suck.

PPS- I think our neighbors deal drugs... I'm just putting that out there...

Old 04-16-2008, 04:00 PM

Too late, already moved there, but I knd of like it so far, everyone seems to mind their own business and it's quiet, doesn't bother me to drive all the way to Springfield for something if i need it.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:38 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,024 times
JDGreen - given that ya live there now, would be interesting if you would not mind, to post an update every so often on how ya find the town/area thereabouts to be over time? Best to ya...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri