Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 07:47 PM

36 posts, read 92,403 times

Advertisements

We moved here to Boonville not too long ago. I guess we should have checked the job market out first before moving here. I'm never lived anywhere where there wasn't any work for a man who does construction. this place doesn't even seem to have factories that are hiring. How can anyone afford to live here? I like the people here, and we have family here, but only my wife is working. I want to work, but that seems impossible! Anyone know of any jobs that may have openings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 09:49 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,833,209 times
I would suggest checking the Post-Dispatch, online sources, maybe Monster.com and things like that. You're looking in construction and factories?

I went to STLtoday - Jobs and found construction on the dropdown menu and it gave me 55 listings, so there's probably a job there for you. If not, you could always check other sites. It has them listed all over the St. Louis area, so I'm not sure which would be closest to your home.

There's all kinds of categories on STLtoday to choose from. I hope you find the job you're looking for!

Good luck!

Old 01-22-2008, 08:58 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
Not sure this should be in this forum... Boonville is almost 150 miles from St. Louis.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Not sure this should be in this forum... Boonville is almost 150 miles from St. Louis.
Maybe not, but St. louis is closer then Springfeild, or Kanas City. There isn't a topic forum for towns in between. I was just thinking that maybe, just maybe someone on the forums who may live between Boonville, and St.louis might have some ideas, or maybe someone living in Columbia. I didn't mean to affend anyone by posting this here. Sorry.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
I would suggest checking the Post-Dispatch, online sources, maybe Monster.com and things like that. You're looking in construction and factories?

I went to STLtoday - Jobs and found construction on the dropdown menu and it gave me 55 listings, so there's probably a job there for you. If not, you could always check other sites. It has them listed all over the St. Louis area, so I'm not sure which would be closest to your home.

There's all kinds of categories on STLtoday to choose from. I hope you find the job you're looking for!

Good luck!
Thanks! Maybe these might list jobs in other areas besides just St.louis. I will check it out!

Old 01-23-2008, 08:30 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
I'm not offended to be sure. But Boonville is actually closer to Kansas City than St. Louis. I would post it in the general Missouri forum, as this is where most people post information about Mid-Missouri, such as Columbia, Jefferson City etc.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:46 AM

537 posts, read 1,322,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jypsy_rose_lee View Post
We moved here to Boonville not too long ago. I guess we should have checked the job market out first before moving here. I'm never lived anywhere where there wasn't any work for a man who does construction. this place doesn't even seem to have factories that are hiring. How can anyone afford to live here? I like the people here, and we have family here, but only my wife is working. I want to work, but that seems impossible! Anyone know of any jobs that may have openings?
If you look at the data on here, the majority of men in Missouri are truckers, like my hubby! Truckers can find a job pretty much anywhere.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:48 AM

537 posts, read 1,322,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
as this is where most people post information about Mid-Missouri, such as Columbia, Jefferson City etc.
It is? When I click on it, it just says Missouri, no specific location.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:51 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,551,962 times
There isn't really a whole of construction going here because of the housing market falling right now. You need to consider working in the power plant. Do you have any welding expereince or that sort? check out craiglist.com for jobs as well. They might have something for you.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,704 times
Caterpillar(you know, the bulldozer company) has a factory in Boonville, I have worked there for the past ten years. the building is tucked in behind the truck stop on Ashley Road, near I-70. I also have a 300 acre farm in Howard County, across the river. The job in town provides benefits that are simply not available to the self-employed. The plant has been hiring like crazy over the last 4 years, but I don't know about the current HR situation. Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri