Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 12:56 PM

189 posts, read 799,998 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I have a potential relocation opportunity in Jefferson City, so if you can throw any info that you can muster at me regarding the town and area I would appreciate it.
Wife and I are are in our mid-30's with three young boys, so info about the schools, parks/recreation would be helpful too.

Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2006, 11:18 AM

187 posts, read 1,022,998 times
Jeff City is a pretty nice town to raise a family in. The schools are good, and they have good athletic programs. There is a lot of charm to the place, lots of older brick homes, and being on the river and all. Also many hills and scenery in the area.

I think its a good place for kids to grow up. Anything you dont have there, you can likely get in Columbia, 25 miles up the road. Also you can go down to Lake Ozark, about an hour south, for more shopping and lake recreation.

Old 12-06-2006, 11:58 AM
jps

79 posts, read 392,054 times
Default Hey Razzy - Garvin here

For my money, the Columbia/ Jefferson City area is the best place in the state to live.

Old 12-06-2006, 03:20 PM

22 posts, read 113,723 times
Default Jefferson City? So far, so good.

I'm a lifelong Missouri resident, moved to Jeff City five years ago. It's perfect for us since we have relatives all over the state, it is ideally located for that.

Otherwise, it's got everything we need. Schools are good enough for public schools, although homeschooling is prevalent in the area and there are support groups available.

Churches? Yeah, dont worry - there's plenty.

Bureaucrats? Yeah, plenty of them, too.

I'd rather live outside of Jeff and commute in, but that hasnt happened yet.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:53 AM

Thank you everyone for your replies. What, if anything, would you say is bad about the area or something you wish was different?

Old 12-07-2006, 10:29 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,797,339 times
I couldn't believe the difference in the price of houses in comparison to Saint Louis. My husband and I were looking for home because of his possible relocation.. and they are so much cheaper in Jeff City crazy.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:04 PM

The low price of housing in Jefferson City has blown me away too!

Old 12-07-2006, 02:12 PM

Default Jefferson City

So nobody has any "bad" things to say about JC?

Old 12-08-2006, 08:30 AM

22 posts, read 113,723 times
Default You want bad?

Jeff City is like any other incorporated municipality across the country, controlled by the city fathers to ensure their well-hidden scheme of modern-day thuggery goes undetected by the average citizen.

Police keep the people in fear. The rulers do so by power, not by authority.

Deception and trickery are the norm, truth and integrity are muzzled.

There is no freedom in Jefferson City, MO.

When I say that, what I mean is, do not expect to come here and be free from local, state and federal thieves, and murderers.

But at least when the man is stickin' it to you, he smiles pretty at you, to make it seem more pleasant.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:01 AM
jps

79 posts, read 392,054 times
Quote:
Jeff City is like any other incorporated municipality across the country, controlled by the city fathers to ensure their well-hidden scheme of modern-day thuggery goes undetected by the average citizen.

Police keep the people in fear. The rulers do so by power, not by authority.

Deception and trickery are the norm, truth and integrity are muzzled.

There is no freedom in Jefferson City, MO.

When I say that, what I mean is, do not expect to come here and be free from local, state and federal thieves, and murderers.

But at least when the man is stickin' it to you, he smiles pretty at you, to make it seem more pleasant.

Hmmm... Seems that the sky has fallen on Jeff City since I've been there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri