Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 05:30 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,639,933 times

Advertisements

I don't know about the rest of the MO folks but I began to wonder what happened to him. He seemed to be on every day with all kinds of helpful info. Well sadly I found out what happened the other day. I'm just bummed out that we won't be able to read his musings and advice any longer. I'm a fairly new arrival to the great state of MO and he lived fairly close by, I was hoping to meet him some day. May he rest in peace.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/other...much-time.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 03:49 PM

1,847 posts, read 3,945,579 times
OMG, what terrible news! I wondered where he was.

At least we know that he enjoyed his life in Missouri very, very much during his year or two off.

As I recall, he was just about to start looking for a job in the banking profession near to his beautiful new home.

Sad news.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:41 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,206,498 times
Unhappy Hello Da Jammer!

HELLO DA JAMMER!

Thank you for posting this!

MOMARK WAS A GREAT ASSET TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM!
This is incredibly SAD NEWS!!!!

I do not go on the MO forum that much, however it seems that whatever question one might of had, MOMARK, was always there offereing help!
In the Cooking section, in the Religion, etc. etc. etc.
HE HELPED LOTS & LOTS OF PEOPLE in many areas!
And I know a lot of people that read this forum, and that were not a part of the forum and found his advice of tremendous help!
HE WAS A KIND SOUL, VERY HELPFUL! HE WOULD GO OUT OF HIS WAY TO HELP ANYONE HE COULD! And he had a great sense of humor!
HE WILL BE MISSED A LOT BY EVERYONE!!!
MAY HE REST IN PEACE!
MOMARK YOU ARE HOME NOW!
We will all miss you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
I don't know about the rest of the MO folks but I began to wonder what happened to him. He seemed to be on every day with all kinds of helpful info. Well sadly I found out what happened the other day. I'm just bummed out that we won't be able to read his musings and advice any longer. I'm a fairly new arrival to the great state of MO and he lived fairly close by, I was hoping to meet him some day. May he rest in peace.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/other...much-time.html

Old 05-27-2007, 10:40 AM

145 posts, read 519,638 times
I've joined 'CD' to thank everyone who has posted in reference to Matthew's (MoMark's) passing. I've enjoyed reading his posts and am developing an appreciation for the environment. Matt has always been the more intellectual and spiritual of the two of us and in reading his posts I can easily see him in his writing. I miss him. As children we reached each major landmark together. As adults we valued the other's opinion and life-experience. Every day I wake up thinking 'all is good', then as the fog clears I remember that Matt is gone. Matt has always been the other half of me and it hard to adjust to my not being able to pick up the phone and visit. While I agree with everyone that Matt was special please know that he obviously felt the same about you.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:43 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,303,916 times
Reb, my heart truly goes out to the loved ones this man has left behind...I know your lives must feel very painful with his passing.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:24 PM

145 posts, read 519,638 times
From the Parents of MoMark:
Momark's mother and I (Matt's stepfather) have just finished reading all the compliments, prayers, and good wishes etc. In the religious forum (nary a dry eye) and I would like to thank everyone who have written in regards to Matthew. Matt's mom will add her thoughts and thanks shortly.
Matthew was a very loving and caring individual who has touched ALL he came into contact with.

With many thanks to all.
A very proud step dad to MoMark

Hello,
My name is Barbara and I am MoMark's Mom. MoMark spent a great deal of heartfelt time on the religious forum and passed away on Mother's Day I would like to respond to the many people who sent such kind thoughts on his passing.
I can tell from the messages sent that MoMark -- Matt-- was liked and respected by many. That does my heart good because everyone with whom I was acquainted who knew Matt felt the same way. None of the family were prepared for this devastating much too soon outcome to a life we all felt should be long and fruitful. He was a good guy and I know moms usually think that of their children but he will be missed so much. We were fortunate-his twin sister and I- to be able to spend some time with Matt before he left us and were able to tell him how much we loved, admired, and respected him. Respect is a powerful element in our family as well as honor and truthfulness.
We buried Matt in a small country cemetery on a dirt road across from a small white country church. The cemetery is old and sits on the lush green gently rolling hills common to this part of Missouri. A gentle wind blows over the hills and red cardinals alight on the wooden fence posts close by. Some of our family are planting a hard oak maple next to the grave site. The leaves will turn bright red in the fall and carpet the surrounding area.
The tombstone is raised, not large or ostentatious, made of dark granite. As well as his name the inscription reads: loved honored respected.
I guess that says it all. Thanks to those of you who made his last days gentler and not lonely.
We will miss him so much, a truly good and kind man.
Sincerely,
MoMark's Mom

Old 05-27-2007, 02:27 PM

559 posts, read 2,117,401 times
Default Go with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebOver View Post
From the Parents of MoMark:
Momark's mother and I (Matt's stepfather) have just finished reading all the compliments, prayers, and good wishes etc. In the religious forum (nary a dry eye) and I would like to thank everyone who have written in regards to Matthew. Matt's mom will add her thoughts and thanks shortly.
Matthew was a very loving and caring individual who has touched ALL he came into contact with.

With many thanks to all.
A very proud step dad to MoMark

Hello,
My name is Barbara and I am MoMark's Mom. MoMark spent a great deal of heartfelt time on the religious forum and passed away on Mother's Day I would like to respond to the many people who sent such kind thoughts on his passing.
I can tell from the messages sent that MoMark -- Matt-- was liked and respected by many. That does my heart good because everyone with whom I was acquainted who knew Matt felt the same way. None of the family were prepared for this devastating much too soon outcome to a life we all felt should be long and fruitful. He was a good guy and I know moms usually think that of their children but he will be missed so much. We were fortunate-his twin sister and I- to be able to spend some time with Matt before he left us and were able to tell him how much we loved, admired, and respected him. Respect is a powerful element in our family as well as honor and truthfulness.
We buried Matt in a small country cemetery on a dirt road across from a small white country church. The cemetery is old and sits on the lush green gently rolling hills common to this part of Missouri. A gentle wind blows over the hills and red cardinals alight on the wooden fence posts close by. Some of our family are planting a hard oak maple next to the grave site. The leaves will turn bright red in the fall and carpet the surrounding area.
The tombstone is raised, not large or ostentatious, made of dark granite. As well as his name the inscription reads: loved honored respected.
I guess that says it all. Thanks to those of you who made his last days gentler and not lonely.
We will miss him so much, a truly good and kind man.
Sincerely,
MoMark's Mom
He was loved and respected by so many of us. You have our deepest sympathy. I know "MoMark" would have loved where he "sleeps" now. God bless him...and God bless you for raising such a fine man!

Old 06-02-2007, 06:37 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,473,644 times
RebOver, thank you so much for replying to us and letting us know about someone we all care so deeply about. Somehow, it seems that MoMark would've loved his final resting place, near a little country church in an area he loved so much. I'm sure more of us were teary-eyed reading your post. God bless you and your family.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:14 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,912,477 times
Wow....my heart goes out to MoMark *Matt's* family. I hadn't been on this forum for quite a few months for various reasons. I came back on yesterday and read this news.
I did not know him personally but feel a very heavy heart with his passing.

May you rest in peace Matt and I know you are surrounded by Angels.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:47 PM

76 posts, read 395,110 times
This was shocking news. I haven't logged into the forum in quite awhile and when I read this news it was very upsetting. When I first joined the forum it was MoMark's posts that stood out the most to me. He was funny and his posts were interesting to read. Even though I didn't really know him I will miss his posts and his loss will stay with me for a long time. My heart also goes out to his mother. I have three children and I can't imagine being without any of them. My deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

Rest in peace MoMark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri