Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 03:25 PM

167 posts, read 451,711 times

Advertisements

and yes the vast majority comes from Mexico. they have candy with meth in it, and we are on one of the main corridors to Chicago and the northeast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 05:29 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,471,659 times
Seems like around here its not the youngsters being caught-its the 30 and 40 year olds. Maybe the kids are buying but the older generation is cooking and that's who the cops are going after, I don't know. The change that occurs in people physically is amazing. I looked straight at a person I had known for years and didn't recognize her. Of course, she was swollen and bruised because her husband was on a meth-fueled rampage and beat her badly, but the skeletal features, open sores and lack of teeth didn't help.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:12 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
All too often, in a former life, when I was out to arrest known addicts and dealers I had to identify them situationally because previous pictures/mug shots were useless. The ravages of the drugs made someone who looked 30-40 a year before look 60-70 by the time I was able to locate them.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:36 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,196,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebll31 View Post
Seems like around here its not the youngsters being caught-its the 30 and 40 year olds. Maybe the kids are buying but the older generation is cooking and that's who the cops are going after, I don't know. The change that occurs in people physically is amazing. I looked straight at a person I had known for years and didn't recognize her. Of course, she was swollen and bruised because her husband was on a meth-fueled rampage and beat her badly, but the skeletal features, open sores and lack of teeth didn't help.
My Sons teeth are all rotted because of meth.Far as I know he is off the stuff.But it makes it hard finding a good Job when its obvious what your into.As matter fact he just lost a job that he was working to get his teeth fixed because the Guys wife didn't want a Druggy working for them

hillman

Old 02-25-2009, 01:45 PM

167 posts, read 451,711 times
My middle "son" came to live with us when he was 13. his mom is/was a meth addict, and destroyed her life and that of her kids. It is a horrible life, and I cant see the allure myself.

I called friends on the west coast this week, and I still think we are just better at reporting it. Its big news here when they bust a lab. I don't see all that many obvious addicts here, or even in KC and StL when I visit there, as compared to southern California and the bay area/Stockton.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:39 PM

219 posts, read 506,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
worse in the rural areas.
Unfortunately there's only a few things to do out in the sticks and meth sure beats sitting at home with your parents watching Hee Haw reruns.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:07 PM

24 posts, read 60,619 times
Really???? We REALLY live out in the sticks and I can think of alot of things more entertaining and productive to do than resort to drugs of any kind. Alaska has a pretty high rate of meth-heads too. In fact I was amazed to find out it's such a problem down there in the country. I always think of country living as a healthy lifestyle.(p.s. I happen to like HeeHaw reruns) Thats All!

Old 02-25-2009, 06:20 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,860,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moncheri View Post
Really???? We REALLY live out in the sticks and I can think of alot of things more entertaining and productive to do than resort to drugs of any kind. Alaska has a pretty high rate of meth-heads too. In fact I was amazed to find out it's such a problem down there in the country. I always think of country living as a healthy lifestyle.(p.s. I happen to like HeeHaw reruns) Thats All!
I'd take HeeHaw any day over meth!!

There is a lot of it here too in rural Ca.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:26 PM

938 posts, read 3,506,984 times
Quote:
I agree....a lot of "city folk" think there isn't much to do out in the sticks, but I was easily able to fill my time hiking, fishing, canoeing, hunting, and enjoying the great outdoors when I lived out in the sticks. If someone can't find things to do, they aren't looking hard enough.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:30 AM

418 posts, read 1,281,035 times
Quote:
I think it just depends... I know people who have lived out in the middle of no where and a high rate of traffic accidents cuz they go jumpin hills or racing cuz there is nothing else to do.... if I lived in the middle of no where i'd probably just play video games nonstop LOl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri