Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2007, 06:43 AM

309 posts, read 1,210,409 times

Advertisements

Greetings,

We have heard that they are hiring electricans at the Ethanol plant, before we drag up - does anybody info to make sure it is a real job.

A Staffing Company out of Arizona, contatcted my hubby to work there.

Just dont know these days..............

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 02:29 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,894,657 times
Ethanol...what a sham.

It takes 4-5 gallons of water to make one gallon of Ethanol. So our next crisis will be fresh water for the ethanol plants. I bet that goes over really well in the upper midwest.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:15 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,056,574 times
Yes, for better and worse, there is such a facility being constructed there:
St. Joseph COC - Business/News Stories (broken link)

No offense to those that gain employment from such, but,,, I agree that based upon current technology and knowledge, ethanol is a farce - until it can be profitably produced from something in this country besides a normal food source, and its thirst for water is tamed.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:54 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,883,165 times
Default Ethanol: NOT the answer!

Ethanol is NOT saving us anything...it's an INFERIOR fuel to gasoline, gets WORSE mileage than gas (even if you can buy it for the same $$$/gal, you pay MORE because you burn more of it for the same miles), and is corrosive to automotive components. And, it costs very nearly as much energy to make, as you can get out of it. (don't think it's saving the environment...it's not) And now, to add to the misery, it is driving up the prices of milk, milk products, and cheese:
Forget worries about $4 gas ... now it’s $4 milk - Food Inc. - MSNBC.com
Ethanol IS NOT the answer to our fuel problem. There is only ONE positive thing about ethanol: we can make it in our own country...it's not imported...and it creates a few jobs here. Other than that, it just plain sucks.
Why should I use a fuel that makes my vehicle get WORSE miles per gallon? I want MORE MPG, not less! We are moving in the wrong direction! I wouldn't be surprised to learn there are some crooked politicians behind this stinking mess. (and no, I don't work for the oil industry, I have no connections with it in any way, shape, or fashion...)
Don't just take my word...you can Google the facts on ethanol as well as anyone...we are being sold a rotten bill of goods...

Bud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
View detailed profiles of: