Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 09:24 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Bullcrap! Fedor failed to finish Nogueira twice and two UFC heavyweights right now KO'd him. He also couldn't finish Cro Cop. The weakest parts of the UFC heavyweight ranks, right now, are light years beyond Strikeforce's top talent. I would put tons of money on Lesnar, Carwin, or Velasquez very soundly beating Fedor tomorrow.

ok so i am not on fedors peanuts like MP over there but i dont find this to be a legit argument.

fedor faced big nog at the height of big nogs career, and didnt finish him but did beat him soundly. nog got KOed by mir while recently off a NASTY staph infection, and once you get KOed your never right ever again hence the cain loss. ask arlovski about getting koed. he was walking through people until he got caught by silvia and then again by fedor and he was winning the fedor fight before getting caught, now he is glass joe.

cro cop has not been right in several yrs, and well after fighting fedor. he came to the ufc and the world was expecting total domination but he was past it (or maybe the roids testing changed him????) then gonzaga jacked him up and he has been a shell of the fighter he once was.

the argument is flawed if you are going to compare nog and cro-cop vs fedor to the same fighters today. they are just not the same fighters. just like wandy, i mean that guy was a monster and now he is a joke. and a bad joke at that.

bottom line i think fedor beats any heavy in the ufc, FOR NOW! another yr or so and who knows. i think he retires in a yr or 2 on top of the world and never answers those questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 10:50 AM

81 posts, read 108,039 times
nutthugger spotted, nutthugger spotted.

One of those that feels Fedor can do NO wrong, how people live so far in the past is just beyond me.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:08 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,416,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
Ok then,by the same token look at Gsp and Silva's last few fights,Dan Hardy is a joke,and it looks like Kos will be net for Gsp and he is going to decisions with these bums.Silva fighting Irvin,Cote,Leites,Griffin,Maia is hardly testing himself,no way that gets you pound for pound.Fedor fought a highly ranked Sylvia,AA,Brett rogers,and now Werdum.Again that is much stiffer comp.It ain't the cool aid it's the truth,funny how Dana does everything he can to sign him if he is not the real deal.So to say Fedor is not fighting the best,Gsp and Silva damn sure ain't.It is time for both of them to move up and fight there walking aroung wait,but Gsp will get killed at 185 and Silva would lose to shogun and rampage
the difference between GSP and Fedor is, GSP has cleaned the WW division...but, i do agree about him moving to MW, and I never want to see A. Silva at MW again...won't watch it. never.

look, all i'm saying is, i love Fedor...love watching him fight, love his personality, he's greatness. but, i feel if you're the "so called" #1 P4P fighter in the world, every fight needs to be the biggest fight ever.

and simply put, Fedor vs Werdum isn't the biggest fight ever. which is why he's getting slack...

Old 05-11-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
and simply put, Fedor vs Werdum isn't the biggest fight ever. which is why he's getting slack...
EXACTLY!!! I also like Fedor but I like watching Fedor fighting the guys he should be fighting. I'm also a football fan and my team is Denver. While I like the team a lot, I would not be happy watching them beat teams in college. Some Fedor fans get all pissy when we call him out for not fighting the best anymore.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:30 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
werdum is getting a lot of flack also, i mean not directly but indirectly. the man is no slouch. his ground game is better then anyone fedor has faced to date. his stand up is not great but IF he gets it to the ground he is an ADCC champ and can take care of things on the ground.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:32 PM

yeah but his chance to get Fedor to the ground is next to none. Fedor has a great clinch game and I think the only way Werdum is getting to the ground is the same way JDS got him to the ground, KO.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:00 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,807,541 times
Fedor vs. Werdum = yawnfest. I'd rather see if Rogers can beat steroid boy Overeem and possibly get picked up by the UFC in the future.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:36 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,416,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
werdum is getting a lot of flack also, i mean not directly but indirectly. the man is no slouch. his ground game is better then anyone fedor has faced to date. his stand up is not great but IF he gets it to the ground he is an ADCC champ and can take care of things on the ground.
good point, and very true.

bottom line...will i watch the fight, hell yes. would i rather see Fedor fighting 2 maybe 3 other guys in the UFC right now, hell yes.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:05 PM

646 posts, read 801,783 times
Werdum is a decent opponent,not the best by any means.And what is this nuthugger crap wolunt.I have been a fan of mma since ufc 1,I followed Dan Henderson to pride and noticed this Fedor guy and became a fan,the word is fan not nuthugger.I would love to see fedor run through the heavies the ufc have to offer,He will be 34 this year,but I think him fighting 2 times a year instead of say 4 is actually going to help him in his mid 30's because his body wont be as beat down as others.Fedor is smarter than any fighter out there.Look noone can dispute that Fedor is very relentless and goes for the finish,that makes him in my book the best.He was willing to fight Barnett,fought Sylvia and AA who at the time everyone spoke highly of.Make no mistake he will fight overeem who is world class and would give any heavy in the ufc trouble.Fedor would fight Brock tomorrow if Dana would co promote,he did it with Liddel and he got his butt handed to him,that is why he wont.If Dana was 100% sure Brock would beat Fedor he would co promote,but he knows better

Old 05-11-2010, 08:55 PM

And look what co-promoting is doing for SF, they are making horrible decisions trying to satisfy M-1. And Zuffa doesn't need to co-promote with anybody. They have the best product, most of the best fighters and don't need to get in bed with any other org. Look at every other org that got in bed with M-1. Where are they now??? Why the hell would Zuffa ever take that chance. No fighter, even Fedor is greater than that sport of MMA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)