Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 08:50 PM

81 posts, read 107,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
bout as funny as your mma knowledge,shogun would wipe the floor with gsp or silva.Shogun was a beast in pride and it looks as though he is focused once again.
Ummm, so were Gomi, Wandy, CC, Hendo, Nog and so on. You are swinging from the Pride ******* without even trying to hid it. Pride is done, gone, the screwed themselves. This is not the same Pride Shogun, this is a new Shogun that has learned it takes a little more work and smarter game planning to fight in the UFC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 12:56 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,001 times
Quote:
bout as funny as your mma knowledge,shogun would wipe the floor with gsp or silva.Shogun was a beast in pride and it looks as though he is focused once again.
pff. WOW! and what are you basing that on?

and, "focused once again?" you think his medorcre performances in the UFC were due to lack of focus?

Old 05-12-2010, 01:48 AM

646 posts, read 801,419 times
Only shogun knows why he started slow in the ufc,I know he had a knee problem.Bottum line is this,he is the champ of the toughest division in mma,it ain;t no fluke,I have been saying it since pride went down that he would get the belt.Shogun goes as far as shogun wants,Rampage is the only 205er I feel has any reak threat to beatng him.They are talking about an A. Silva fight.He would beat Silva and beat him badly.

Last edited by mary phagan; 05-12-2010 at 01:57 AM..

Old 05-12-2010, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolunt View Post
Ummm, so were Gomi, Wandy, CC, Hendo, Nog and so on. You are swinging from the Pride ******* without even trying to hid it. Pride is done, gone, the screwed themselves. This is not the same Pride Shogun, this is a new Shogun that has learned it takes a little more work and smarter game planning to fight in the UFC.
Hendo did awesome in the ufc,Rampage,Shogun,and Silva all are or were belt holders,and Fedor is still the best.I think the one like cro cop and Wandy were probally juicing in japan and came over here and just couldnt cut without the roids.Also if you watch the Fedor Rogers fight,in the first round rogers was on his knees head exposed and Fedor began to punt his head but hesitated,in pride that was fair game.Sogun also used to love to kick the head of a downed opponent,so yeah there is a little adjusting going from pride to ufc,and shogunhas made those it appears

Old 05-12-2010, 05:37 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
Quote:
Only shogun knows why he started slow in the ufc,I know he had a knee problem.Bottum line is this,he is the champ of the toughest division in mma,it ain;t no fluke,I have been saying it since pride went down that he would get the belt.Shogun goes as far as shogun wants,Rampage is the only 205er I feel has any reak threat to beatng him.They are talking about an A. Silva fight.He would beat Silva and beat him badly.
only shogun knows why he started slow in the ufc?
ummmmm everyone knows why he started slow, HE CAME OF DOUBLE KNEE SURGERY. i mean really your telling other people they dont know anything about mma and you come off with this bs? gtfoh your "knowledge" is apparently limited to "fedor is the most aggressive fighter in mma history" which is kinda crap. he sure didnt look to aggressive against rogers, or against arlovski. once again GTFOH with that.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
only shogun knows why he started slow in the ufc?
ummmmm everyone knows why he started slow, HE CAME OF DOUBLE KNEE SURGERY. i mean really your telling other people they dont know anything about mma and you come off with this bs? gtfoh your "knowledge" is apparently limited to "fedor is the most aggressive fighter in mma history" which is kinda crap. he sure didnt look to aggressive against rogers, or against arlovski. once again GTFOH with that.
Thats right only shgun knows,I mentioned his knee.Fedor chased Rogers all over the cage are you blind.And what is GTFOH,that is like third grade texting right.Anyone who says every heavy in the ufc would beat Fedor,I would have to question their knowledge,and besides who are you?

Last edited by mary phagan; 05-12-2010 at 08:04 AM..

Old 05-12-2010, 10:05 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,261 times
Quote:
Actually its more likely as funny as your grammar and spelling ability. Silva would trash Shogun but keep dreaming.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:18 AM

I think Silva/Shogun is a good fight, maybe somewhat even. But the ONLY reason you say Shogun is cause is give you a chance to beat that ever getting smaller Pride drum. You are really easy to read Mary, you feel Pride > UFC and will beat that drum until you die. No matter how far gone and buried Pride is. You sound like an old NFL fan talking about how much better the AFL was before the merger. blah, blah, blah. And I'm not an anti-Pride guy, Sakuraba is still my favorite fighter of all time.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:04 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
Quote:
Thats right only shgun knows,I mentioned his knee.Fedor chased Rogers all over the cage are you blind.And what is GTFOH,that is like third grade texting right.Anyone who says every heavy in the ufc would beat Fedor,I would have to question their knowledge,and besides who are you?
lmao your amazing man, rogers was WINNING that fight, much like arlovski was winning. i love fedors game, he is a beast but your bias has you so blinded if is sickening.
GTFOH means get the F out of here.

and apparently you have not read much around these parts as i have NEVER said "every heavy in the ufc would beat fedor" as a amter of fact i have said that i think fedor would beat anyone in the heavy div in the ufc TODAY but not for long. guys like lesnar, carwin and cain v are catching him real quick. he will never fight in the ufc IMO, he will retire before m-1 and dana get their cards on the same table.

and as for who am i, i am just a fan who happens to instruct and train mma, as you say i have been around it since ufc 1 and was actually working at ufc 3. i am the guy who is telling you that your bias is ridiculous and maybe you should go back and rethink your life.

shogun beats silva, he MIGHT beat rashad and rampage. gsp would never fight him as that is to big a jump so that argument is ludicrous. no question shogun is a beast BUT he is not even top 5-10 pound for pound. maybe you think edger is top pound for pound material because he eeked out a decision over penn?

Old 05-12-2010, 10:58 PM

I always love the, "I watched UFC 1 live" bits. The only thing better is the, "I was at UFC 1" which means that McNichols Sports Arena must hold about a million folks. I saw lots of concerts there before it was tore down and no way did it hold over 20k. And no, I was not at UFC 1, but my instructor at the time went up to it. All us student ordered it and had a good time watching. So yeah, I'm one of the "I watched UFC 1 live" folks but I honestly only watch the first 8 or 9 events. I started renting the Battlecade events which I liked a lot and the Pride and Bushido's. I didn't pick up on the UFC's again until the mid 30's or so. I think I've gone back and watched them all since then but not at that time.

All that said, it doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about, it just means I've watched a lot of TV over the year. And just cause I've watched soooo much MMA, it doesn't make me any less of a Sakuraba nutthugger or you and less of a Fedor nutthugger. It just makes us nutthuggers that have watched a lot of mma. Your first step is getting past the denial stage, something you are not even close to doing so good luck. I'm on step 6 with my Sakuraba issues
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)