Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 05:16 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,416,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolunt View Post
I always love the, "I watched UFC 1 live" bits. The only thing better is the, "I was at UFC 1" which means that McNichols Sports Arena must hold about a million folks. I saw lots of concerts there before it was tore down and no way did it hold over 20k. And no, I was not at UFC 1, but my instructor at the time went up to it. All us student ordered it and had a good time watching. So yeah, I'm one of the "I watched UFC 1 live" folks but I honestly only watch the first 8 or 9 events. I started renting the Battlecade events which I liked a lot and the Pride and Bushido's. I didn't pick up on the UFC's again until the mid 30's or so. I think I've gone back and watched them all since then but not at that time.

All that said, it doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about, it just means I've watched a lot of TV over the year. And just cause I've watched soooo much MMA, it doesn't make me any less of a Sakuraba nutthugger or you and less of a Fedor nutthugger. It just makes us nutthuggers that have watched a lot of mma. Your first step is getting past the denial stage, something you are not even close to doing so good luck. I'm on step 6 with my Sakuraba issues

Sakuraba tapped. i saw it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 06:27 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
speaking of saku, he is about to fight another gracie. gonna fight ralek.

DREAM.14 adds Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Ralek Gracie, Kenji Osawa vs. Yoshiro Maeda | MMAjunkie.com

Old 05-13-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
speaking of saku, he is about to fight another gracie. gonna fight ralek.

DREAM.14 adds Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Ralek Gracie, Kenji Osawa vs. Yoshiro Maeda | MMAjunkie.com
saw that over the weekend...i'll be tuning in!

Old 05-13-2010, 08:16 AM

646 posts, read 801,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
lmao your amazing man, rogers was WINNING that fight, much like arlovski was winning. i love fedors game, he is a beast but your bias has you so blinded if is sickening.
GTFOH means get the F out of here.

and apparently you have not read much around these parts as i have NEVER said "every heavy in the ufc would beat fedor" as a amter of fact i have said that i think fedor would beat anyone in the heavy div in the ufc TODAY but not for long. guys like lesnar, carwin and cain v are catching him real quick. he will never fight in the ufc IMO, he will retire before m-1 and dana get their cards on the same table.

and as for who am i, i am just a fan who happens to instruct and train mma, as you say i have been around it since ufc 1 and was actually working at ufc 3. i am the guy who is telling you that your bias is ridiculous and maybe you should go back and rethink your life.

shogun beats silva, he MIGHT beat rashad and rampage. gsp would never fight him as that is to big a jump so that argument is ludicrous. no question shogun is a beast BUT he is not even top 5-10 pound for pound. maybe you think edger is top pound for pound material because he eeked out a decision over penn?
I was talking of jason28,he said he would put his money on any heavy in the ufc over fedor,which to me shows he is either trying to start sh-t or knows nothing about mma.Rogers was not winning that fight,he landed a jab and maybe 3 shots on the ground.Fedor landed 2 huge lefts,had 2 or 3 takedowns and pulling all kind of sub attempts.He was the one moving forward toward rogers.Fedor took that round.How you can say shogun does not belong in the top ten,he is champ of the toughest division in mma.That earns you top ten.And If I remember correctly you were the one who said that Mousasi was the best 205er out there.Are you sure about that.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:19 AM

646 posts, read 801,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolunt View Post
I think Silva/Shogun is a good fight, maybe somewhat even. But the ONLY reason you say Shogun is cause is give you a chance to beat that ever getting smaller Pride drum. You are really easy to read Mary, you feel Pride > UFC and will beat that drum until you die. No matter how far gone and buried Pride is. You sound like an old NFL fan talking about how much better the AFL was before the merger. blah, blah, blah. And I'm not an anti-Pride guy, Sakuraba is still my favorite fighter of all time.
I do think pride was better,who can argue that.when fighters did nothing to progress the fight(Anderson Silva) they would give them a card and deduct money from there salary which made the fighters stay active.I also like the head kicks that were allowed to a down opponent,that is fighting.I understand pride is gone,but I pull for strikeforce now because Dana white makes me sick.He bashes fighters like kimbo and tito and the list goes on and then he sighns them and does a complete 360,he is full of it and I think he is bad for mma.I promise if he could have landed Hershell Walker he would have,now he is putting in James Toney,he is a piece of garbage and I do hope strikeforce makes it.I can't wait for Overeem vs rogers,very interesting fight

Old 05-13-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
I was talking of jason28,he said he would put his money on any heavy in the ufc over fedor,which to me shows he is either trying to start sh-t or knows nothing about mma.Rogers was not winning that fight,he landed a jab and maybe 3 shots on the ground.Fedor landed 2 huge lefts,had 2 or 3 takedowns and pulling all kind of sub attempts.He was the one moving forward toward rogers.Fedor took that round.How you can say shogun does not belong in the top ten,he is champ of the toughest division in mma.That earns you top ten.And If I remember correctly you were the one who said that Mousasi was the best 205er out there.Are you sure about that.
if you where talking to someone else then maybe you should not have quoted ME. you quote me and respond to me then say your talking to someone else, HA now thats classic crawfishing. just in case.
Quote:
crawfish

to back up, move backwards, to deny a statement, to go back on your word - generally a southern term.
now the judges, and the commentators and those of us watching without our fedor colored glasses know fedor was not winning either fight.

never said shogun was not a top 10 205er, i said POUND FOR POUND. and yes i would put musassi in above him. he had a set back in his last fight, lack of motivation, lack of cardio, or injury or he just got beat what ever it might be. there are no undefeated fighters out there with more then 10 fights except carwin, everyone loses, ask machida.

my top 10 lb for lb list would go like this
1 silva
2 fedor
3 gsp
4 bj penn
5 aldo
6 cruz
7 carwin
8 sonnen
9 mousasi
10 sheilds

Old 05-13-2010, 10:35 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,963 times
Quote:
I was talking of jason28,he said he would put his money on any heavy in the ufc over fedor,which to me shows he is either trying to start sh-t or knows nothing about mma.
Talking of me? What does that mean? I said I would put money on Lesnar, Cain, and Carwin beating Fedor. I did not say any heavyweight in the UFC would beat Fedor. This tells me you have absolutely zero ability to comprehend the english language and hence, do not know what you are talking about. You also think it is an insult to tell me I don't know anything about MMA, when clearly, you are the one who knows nothing about it. Your sick love of Pride and Fedor makes me want to throw up.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:03 AM

okay guys...enough with the pissing contests, fair to say we're all a little "over the top" at times??

i have a request though...enough with the insults and what not, let's clear the slate. i know i get a little over the top when i hear people bashing BJ, even if it's somewhat true. he's my favorite fighter, love his style, his unpredictability, and his character.

i do have one question for mary phagan...you're a chick, right? nothing wrong with that at all...my wifey is a HUGE mma fan ever since she met me, but i think you've been referred to by some others as a "dude". maybe clearify that?

and i think we can all agree, whoever Fedor fights, we'll all be tuning in...everyone wants to see him fight this guy or that guy, but the reality is, circumstances, that may be uncontrollable by him, may dictate who he's fighting...

Old 05-13-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
okay guys...enough with the pissing contests, fair to say we're all a little "over the top" at times??

i have a request though...enough with the insults and what not, let's clear the slate. i know i get a little over the top when i hear people bashing BJ, even if it's somewhat true. he's my favorite fighter, love his style, his unpredictability, and his character.

i do have one question for mary phagan...you're a chick, right? nothing wrong with that at all...my wifey is a HUGE mma fan ever since she met me, but i think you've been referred to by some others as a "dude". maybe clearify that?

and i think we can all agree, whoever Fedor fights, we'll all be tuning in...everyone wants to see him fight this guy or that guy, but the reality is, circumstances, that may be uncontrollable by him, may dictate who he's fighting...
1st i NEVER go over the top, i think the ufc is FABULOUSSSSSS, and i think that dana white is soooo cute with his big bald head. ohh and that gsp mmmmm MMMMM mmmmmmmmmmm with his little jean claude van dam look and thats sexy tattoo on his chest, damn!

mary phagan is a dude, not a chick. he named himself after a 13 yr old factory worker who was murdered in 1913.

The Murder of Mary Phagan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-13-2010, 01:11 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,719,504 times
Quote:
If he stays in fighting shape he will be champ for lond time.
Nope, you can't say that. That's what they said about Machida. it would be 2 yeras before anyone is capable of beating him. Seriously, if you follow this sport, don't be surprised if in Shogun's next few fights some 205er hands him his a$$.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Talking of me? What does that mean? I said I would put money on Lesnar, Cain, and Carwin beating Fedor. I did not say any heavyweight in the UFC would beat Fedor. .
Yes, size matters. But Cain? who is the same size as Fedor essentially. I don't see Velasquez beating Fedor. And after Velasquez fights these "big" boys, he's going to wish for 225lb weight class.

Also, Pride vs. UFC. there is something to be said about the rule changes. Maybe not significant, but it's a legitamate topic. Remember Mark Kerr? (before the drugs really screwed him up) He'd bash the side of your head in with knees. I don't think he would have been so dominate with current UFC rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)