Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 11:35 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
he already defeated many UFC guys, even former UFC champions like Andrei Arlovski and Tim Sylvia, Randy Couture couldn't finish Tim Sylvia and Fedor murdered that fool in less than 1 min. These guys in the UFC are not even that good. They just like to talk a lot.
The Tim Syliva who then got murdered by Ray Mercer in 9 seconds?

Well, you convinced me... Ray Mercer is better than Fedor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 01:18 PM

573 posts, read 2,058,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
The Tim Syliva who then got murdered by Ray Mercer in 9 seconds?

Well, you convinced me... Ray Mercer is better than Fedor.
better in boxing yea, everything Randy Couture did in the beginning of the fight, Fedor did also, strike, take him to the ground, choke him, except that Fedor was actually successful. I wonder if Fedor did this to prove Randy a point.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:15 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
he already defeated many UFC guys, even former UFC champions like Andrei Arlovski and Tim Sylvia, Randy Couture couldn't finish Tim Sylvia and Fedor murdered that fool in less than 1 min. These guys in the UFC are not even that good. They just like to talk a lot.
arvloski and aylvia arnt complete fighters. its not like fedor shocked the world koing arvloski or subbing sylvia. face it, when arvloski and sylvia were champs in the ufc hw div, the div was weak. infact, it was basically those 2 fighters running the div. yet youre gonna say those were awe inspiring wins

fedor couldnt finish big nog in 3 fights, yet now in the ufc hes been finished 2 times

fedor couldnt finish crocop, yet now in the ufc hes been finished 2 times

see what i did there?

Old 06-27-2010, 02:18 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
arvloski and aylvia arnt complete fighters. its not like fedor shocked the world koing arvloski or subbing sylvia. face it, when arvloski and sylvia were champs in the ufc hw div, the div was weak. infact, it was basically those 2 fighters running the div. yet youre gonna say those were awe inspiring wins

fedor couldnt finish big nog in 3 fights, yet now in the ufc hes been finished 2 times

fedor couldnt finish crocop, yet now in the ufc hes been finished 2 times

see what i did there?
except BIG NOG is the shell of his former self, and crocop is off the roids and is also a shell. when fedor faced those guys they where beasts.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:18 PM

Success defined as winning the fight? Am I missing something did Couture not beat Sylvia in a one-sided fight? Was Couture not successful?

Bottom line you think past performance against fighters is a good barometer, Werdum was 2-2 in the UFC so since he beat Fedor then obviously Fedor would be average it the UFC. Is that right? Afterall Fedor beat Sylvia.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
except BIG NOG is the shell of his former self, and crocop is off the roids and is also a shell. when fedor faced those guys they where beasts.
But Big Nog beat Sylvia in shell-format. So how can we then use Sylvia as evidence of Fedor's greatness? If Nog was a shell then Sylvia was more of a shell, so we're back to wondering if Fedor beat anyone worthy of mention lately. By extension Sylvia also beat AA.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:46 PM

oh i never said fedor was great for beating sylvia, tim was/is a douche anyway.

imo the 1st loss to tim by arlovski was a BS stoppage, the second loss andrei was already broken.

tim also beat ricco rodriguez at the hight of his career before the drugs and fast food.

bottom line you cant completely judge a fighter by the people he faced 3-4-5 yrs ago by what the yare now and vice versa.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:03 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
tim also beat ricco rodriguez at the hight of his career before the drugs and fast food.
he was busted for steroids in his next fight, i wonder if he was on them in the ricco fight too

Old 06-27-2010, 03:15 PM

i would not be surprised if he was. this is part of what happened in his words .

Quote:
Tim Sylvia: No, actually Dana White called me and wanted to know what was going on and wanted me to be honest with him. He asked me if I had ever used the steroids. I then told him that after I fought Ricco, I was in for a long layoff. I decided to try some things and maybe change my physique a little bit and get in better shape. But whatever I used, it came back positive. I don’t know how that happened. I did it so long ago and I was way off it before I fought McGee. I think they found it in my fat cells. I guess it stays in there for a while, huh?
but in the end it is all a moot point as it has little bearing on anything

Old 06-27-2010, 03:33 PM

573 posts, read 2,058,889 times
The heavyweight division is still bad even after tim sylvia and andrei arlovski and after brock lesnar and frank mir leave the ufc, you guys will say the same thing that the heavyweight division was not good when it's replaced by 2 others
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)