Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2016, 02:39 PM

59 posts, read 100,213 times

Advertisements

Shooting there today.

Bel-Air Mall shooting: 2 juveniles arrested, no reports of injuries | AL.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 09:14 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,336,351 times
Oh, that's great.

Could the renovation include security screening alarms at all entrances to the mall from outside.

Something loud, that takes lots of good photos of you, and perhaps spots you with laser lights, and of course calls security and police. ???

Old 06-02-2016, 09:22 PM

688 posts, read 1,205,474 times
Here are the plans for PF Chang's and an adjacent tenant:

**Online Plan Room | LDI Line

Too bad the entry will only be flanked by a single horse statue.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:15 PM

562 posts, read 665,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bon_regis View Post
Based on the lease plan, that C15 space is the current location of Shoe Dept. It also appears that the adjacent former Hollister will be gutted too.
If the "Tenant F" plans are still in place for the soon-to-be former Belk anchor, it may be a viable spot for a Shoe Dept. Encore location with both interior and exterior entrances. I've seen this take shape before when they took over a former Steve & Barry's location that shut down when that chain went under.

With the pending incentives, I think re-anchoring that space may not be a wise move...that is, unless they can somehow lure Macy's or Von Maur into that space. It needs to be inline space that reconnects the dead portion that was created when Parisian engulfed the mall corridor back in the 90s. It would be better off as space or even a Food Court if they could pull that off!

Old 06-08-2016, 04:26 PM

767 posts, read 1,321,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edtv411 View Post
If the "Tenant F" plans are still in place for the soon-to-be former Belk anchor, it may be a viable spot for a Shoe Dept. Encore location with both interior and exterior entrances. I've seen this take shape before when they took over a former Steve & Barry's location that shut down when that chain went under.

With the pending incentives, I think re-anchoring that space may not be a wise move...that is, unless they can somehow lure Macy's or Von Maur into that space. It needs to be inline space that reconnects the dead portion that was created when Parisian engulfed the mall corridor back in the 90s. It would be better off as space or even a Food Court if they could pull that off!
Macy's is in too deep with their financial troubles to take that risk. Von Maur on the other hand seems confident that they will succeed no matter where they open and would bring in a higher caliber shopper than Messy's (I spelled it like that on purpose). Von Maur would also better compliment Belk and Dillard's and isn't too far out of the upper end of the JCP or Target demographic either. Just be glad you don't have a Sears at the mall.

Old 06-08-2016, 04:48 PM

265 posts, read 428,581 times
I was told by a belk employee that Academy has dibs on this spot they will move from the festival center. I know right, that's mobile a struggle to get good new market retailers.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:58 PM

562 posts, read 665,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowboy View Post
I was told by a belk employee that Academy has dibs on this spot they will move from the festival center. I know right, that's mobile a struggle to get good new market retailers.
The existing Bel Air slot? I was hoping they would take the SPRINGDALE Belk location!

Trying to get them in Bel Air only worsens Festival Center (whose retail prospects are slipping even more) and denies Springdale a chance to rejuvenate itself. Being across the street from a half-vacant mess is not going to be good for Bel Air unless they have a plan to redevelop it into something that lures in more business.

Hopefully Academy leaving Festival will give Burlington the motivation it needs to move out so it takes Academy's old slot there, and the former Montgomery Ward it took over can be redeveloped into something better.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:18 PM

265 posts, read 428,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edtv411 View Post
The existing Bel Air slot? I was hoping they would take the SPRINGDALE Belk location!

Trying to get them in Bel Air only worsens Festival Center (whose retail prospects are slipping even more) and denies Springdale a chance to rejuvenate itself. Being across the street from a half-vacant mess is not going to be good for Bel Air unless they have a plan to redevelop it into something that lures in more business.

Hopefully Academy leaving Festival will give Burlington the motivation it needs to move out so it takes Academy's old slot there, and the former Montgomery Ward it took over can be redeveloped into something better.
Yep bel air sadly enough, but ours is a sad market...

Old 06-08-2016, 09:24 PM

688 posts, read 1,205,474 times
If Academy is the anchor Rouse is considering, I wouldn't give them an incentives package either. Lol

Old 06-08-2016, 09:26 PM

1,498 posts, read 1,856,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bon_regis View Post
If Academy is the anchor Rouse is considering, I wouldn't give them an incentives package either. Lol
That wouldn't even meet the requirements of their proposed incentives. Mellowboy is talking about Tenant F, I believe.

Besides, Bel Air has already attracted good new-to-market retailers. I don't know why Mellowboy has these wild mood swings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area