Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 11:17 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,860,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandrew View Post
I have lots of friends that work in Mobile and make the commute from the Eastern Shore every day...including my husband who commutes to Mobile Regional Airport. The drive is not that bad
That's a fantastically long commute (relatively)... 40 minutes one way on a good day. He must have a lot of patience! I cannot imagine spending nearly an hour and a half every day in my car just going to/from work. Not to mention the at-least-weekly event of an accident on a bridge or in a tunnel which adds 30 minutes to an hour to the drive...

But, then again, that's why I live in the city and enjoy my 5 to 10 minute commutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 06:15 PM

44 posts, read 60,499 times
Agreed... Makes no sense but to each their own.

Old 03-10-2017, 07:40 PM

34 posts, read 71,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
That's a fantastically long commute (relatively)... 40 minutes one way on a good day. He must have a lot of patience! I cannot imagine spending nearly an hour and a half every day in my car just going to/from work. Not to mention the at-least-weekly event of an accident on a bridge or in a tunnel which adds 30 minutes to an hour to the drive...

But, then again, that's why I live in the city and enjoy my 5 to 10 minute commutes.
He has no choice. We moved to the Eastern Shore 6 years ago from Michigan and now I have friends and a business here. He is a pilot so he is used to traveling....LOL! Seriously thought, he doesn't have to go to work every day. Most of my friends work downtown at the government building, or the Midtown area. I do LOVE Midtown! Have sold many homes there. I love the charm of the city

Old 03-10-2017, 07:42 PM

34 posts, read 71,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
That would be surprising. I believe the avg. price per square ft is lower in Mobile.

You also have a wide array of choices in Mobile - from antebellum to new construction. In SF/Daphne, it's usually constructed after the 1960's.
I would agree that the price point in Daphne/Spanish Fort can be much higher than most areas of Mobile.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:34 PM

163 posts, read 297,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzh123 View Post
Thank you. We are planning on being close to the coast so we may be able to escape it a little and will have a pool.
We have lived in cold or colder climates the last 26 years so I am kind of ready for more shorts weather than pants and heavy coats.
Thanks again
You are welcome. I remember on several occasions while living in Kansas City ( during winter even occasionally ) where I'd step outside and just have the happy/nostalgic mood come upon me. Now, don't get me wrong, Kansas City was one of the nicest places I've ever lived, and I generally enjoyed it there very much, but it finally dawned on me that on those occasions when that happy/nostagic mood would come upon me , it was because of the clouds and humidity kinda subconsciously reminding me of growing up in Birmingham. Some would say uggghhh to Birmingham humidity, but I am a weather geek and so I'm really into clouds and high humidity.

Last edited by toosie; 03-11-2017 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: TOS - no signatures please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area