Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:34 AM

42 posts, read 137,786 times

Advertisements

I see you guys have medical pot. I read about a few anti-cannabis criminals committing acts of vandalism on two dispensaries some time ago, but that's all I've heard. Other than that it seems to be going just fine, as expected.

How is the situation "on the ground?"

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 05:19 PM

213 posts, read 697,075 times
The legislature is looking at tightening up laws as we speak - it seems the original law wasn't thought out very well, and the "medical" part has become a joke. Anybody who has a few hundred bucks to drop on an online "doctor" visit can get a medical card, and the number of dispensaries has gotten out of hand in some cities. Even the people who backed the initial legislation say it's not what they envisioned. I expect to see some changes fairly soon.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:09 PM

1,368 posts, read 3,218,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo403 View Post
The legislature is looking at tightening up laws as we speak - it seems the original law wasn't thought out very well, and the "medical" part has become a joke. Anybody who has a few hundred bucks to drop on an online "doctor" visit can get a medical card, and the number of dispensaries has gotten out of hand in some cities. Even the people who backed the initial legislation say it's not what they envisioned. I expect to see some changes fairly soon.
Considering over 20% of the population in Gallatin County has MMJ cards, it has gotten out of had big time (9,000+ cards for a county of 48,000). Bozeman City Council had to issue an ordinace banning marijuana smoking in public. Most of these people are not students either according to MSU health service.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:38 PM

7 posts, read 11,490 times
its nuts, now there is a shop on every corner and any idiot can say they need it and get it. Bozeman went bonkers as well as Butte and now we got legalized pot heads. UGH

Old 02-04-2011, 08:48 AM

1,153 posts, read 4,559,734 times
It's great; Montana is reefer madness. In Missoula they can't even find juries willing to convict marijuana dealers (not even medical mj).

Old 02-04-2011, 04:30 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times
Default The people spoke.

The voters voted in medical cannabis and of coarse the lawmakers will make changes to the law as they may do with any law.
A little birdie whispered in my ear that several lawmakers happen to be card holders. Please do not ask me who the little birdie is.
I will say one thing though, if any lawmaker thinks the results of an election making the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes can be just voted out and nixed then that lawmaker should remember that he or she can be voted out and the nixed law can be voted right back on in.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:12 PM

451 posts, read 999,496 times
Quote:
How is the medical marijuana program doing?
It's great, man!!!

'cept we're running outta seeds, man!!

mg

Old 02-06-2011, 08:00 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times
It's about time industrial hemp is also legalized but that may not boost the states economy as industrial hemp can't be grown indoors or outdoors in competitively here but the M.M. program has to be doing something to boost the states economy.
I'm sure it will be restricted and taxed at some point by the various government entities.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TU1zRZWmO7I/AAAAAAAAJtk/NVp1xxD_twM/s512/IMG_1286-1.JPG (broken link)

Old 02-06-2011, 06:43 PM

12 posts, read 20,014 times
They say it is out of hand according to the Independant Record. View online. More medical cards then there are people ill. People are selling it, and I think we have a bunch of stoners running around. I don't know why people need to get high,? Can't face reality I guess? We certainly have our share of dumb laws. I think it is due to the out of state politicians who come here and trying to implement laws according to where they come from. Reminds me of awhile back when we had the : No Speed Limit" That didn't last long. People were out of control and the highway Patrolman had nothing to do, much less they couldn't make any money because they couldn't fine anyone. I am sure this Marijuana Law will do the same thing, change to very strict guidelines soon.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:44 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
I wonder how many out of staters purchase in Montana. There are 15 states that MM is legal. 13 of those states require you be a resident. 2 states will sell to out of state card holders. Montana is one of the 2 states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: