Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 11:35 AM

13 posts, read 71,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 12:22 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times
Sorry, I usually am on the way to somewhere else when I drive through Sidney. Williston is actually closer to me

Old 05-17-2011, 04:47 PM

is fine :] thnaks! we're moving down somewhere there hopefully. he doesn't wanna live in Sidney. are there and other nice, bigger towns around there? but not too far away?

Old 05-18-2011, 08:45 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times
No, not really. Others tell me the housing market is very tight everywhere in that area. We are very rural over here. Wish I could help more.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:27 PM

43 posts, read 101,038 times
just any fyi I, when I was talking to my boyfriend last night he said one of his friends up there looked at buying a house about a year ago and at that time they were asking 100,000 for the house and now its gone up to like 400,000. this was in the sidney area. I think the closes bigger town to Sidney is Williston but I haven't heard much good. oh and the stuff at the grocery stores and even wal mart are way more expensive....well at least they are compaired to our prices in my area.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:02 PM

thank you guys :] you've helped a lot. how are gas prices where you're at?

Old 05-21-2011, 07:14 PM

11 posts, read 19,608 times
Im "TRACYMN"s boyfriend. The nearest college is gonna be Bismark or Minot which is a 4 hour drive each. Im not sure if Dickinson has one thats about 3 hours away. And due to the rain for the last week we have all sorts of new lakes and rivers, some in peoples basements and some flowing across the roads. Bad jokes aside the Missouri river is right next to Sidney and I believe there is a park there but I could be wrong. I don't believe there is any coffee shops in Sidney. Its the oilfield and everybody's always in such a dang hurry that act as if it would be a sin to sit down for 5 minutes. But time is money I guess. Just be ready for high rent payments and expensive groceries. I was in the IGA in March and a 12 pack of Pepsi was 9.49. Best to start looking for a place to rent now cause at this point Ive already seen people parking campers in fields and along side the road cause they cant find a place to rent or even find a place to put a camper. Im not saying its impossible just that don't wait to the last second. Any other questions feel free to ask. Good luck and God bless

Old 05-23-2011, 05:39 AM

7 posts, read 19,701 times
Default Sidney, MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver. View Post
The nearest college is gonna be Bismark or Minot which is a 4 hour drive each. Im not sure if Dickinson has one thats about 3 hours away.
There are 2 year colleges in Williston and Glendive and Dickinson is home to Dickinson State University.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver. View Post
the Missouri river is right next to Sidney
Actually the Yellowstone River is closest to Sidney, flowing just to the south and east of the city. The confluence of the Yellowstone & Missouri is a bit to the north and east.

Dave

Old 05-23-2011, 05:41 AM

7 posts, read 19,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynecloud51 View Post
thank you guys :] you've helped a lot. how are gas prices where you're at?
Gas prices this week in the area are around $3.99 a gallon.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:11 PM

MCGYVER: thank you so much! :] we're actually looknig into minot too. lol do you know what it's like there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana