Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 07:38 PM

672 posts, read 503,582 times

Advertisements

Will and when Butte and Bozeman ever get a second High school?

I know that they have been talking about a Second High School in Bozeman and are planning on building and opening a new one within the next 4-6 Years or whenever the current high School reaches 2300 Students: http://www.kbzk.com/news/when-will-b...-high-school-/
http://www.kpax.com/news/is-a-second...-for-bozeman-/

I am surprise they have not gotten a second one Yet! I was sure that Bozeman would beat Kalispell to getting a New High school. I am also happy to know that Bozeman is a taking a smarter approach unlike the Kalispell School District and have a limit. Flathead had 2300-2700 Students for over ten years before they decided to do anything. It just never get Congested like that and have a 900 Seniors class year after Year. that just Crazy. Kalispell should have built one the new High School 10-12 Years ago.

Also when do you think Butte will get another on? Where should the limit be?

Last edited by NorthwestResident; 11-03-2011 at 07:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 09:24 PM

148 posts, read 561,524 times
Big Whoop! My graduating class in Arlington, TX was 1294 !!!!! My HS had over 5,000 kids! And there were FIVE high schools back in '94 in Arlington, now there's 6!!!

Old 11-03-2011, 09:49 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Sorry, gotta tell an off topic story.

A couple years ago, where I live the graduating class was 2. And they flipped a coin to see who would dress up as a girl for prom. The guy that lost got all dressed up and to tell you the truth, if you didn't know he was a guy, he was hot! hahahaha

How are the schools set up? I mean, what is the class size and is there room? That is really the determining factor. As long as the school is large enough to have decent class sizes, there is no need for another school. There doesn't need to be a set limit, but rather a limit determined by the actual school size. Make sense?

Old 11-03-2011, 10:17 PM

672 posts, read 503,582 times
Makes sense.

I am not sure about the classes sizes since I don't live in that area Montana. But they are saying that they want to build a second when it reaches 2400 which makes sense. 4 Kids in a class is too much and not everybody get the attention they need. Where I live the the second high School was good Idea as we really needed it.
Every town is different. We needed it because of overcrowdedness. It's sound like Bozeman want to get a new one before that 2400 mark. But yes lots of things have to go into it not just the numbers.

Now never mind about ButtE!! They won't be getting a New School for a while as they only have 1300 Students compared to Bozeman 1900 student
Also Bozeman(35,000) Is larger then Kalispell(28,000) But the size of the town doesn't always matter.

And to the person above, If you live in Texas why are you replying to this? Do think I even care what they do in Texas? NO

Old 11-03-2011, 11:02 PM

148 posts, read 561,524 times
HAHA!! I am FROM Texas! I live in Shelby now!

Old 11-04-2011, 11:52 AM

8,088 posts, read 15,163,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Sorry, gotta tell an off topic story.

A couple years ago, where I live the graduating class was 2. And they flipped a coin to see who would dress up as a girl for prom. The guy that lost got all dressed up and to tell you the truth, if you didn't know he was a guy, he was hot! hahahaha
So did anyone get blackma-- er I mean photos for the Yearbook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
How are the schools set up? I mean, what is the class size and is there room? That is really the determining factor. As long as the school is large enough to have decent class sizes, there is no need for another school. There doesn't need to be a set limit, but rather a limit determined by the actual school size. Make sense?
Exactly. I hear this nonsense about class size or school size over and over, even tho universities can easily have 10 times as many students as a high school, and classes of 300+ students, and they still manage to learn... it has to do with good teachers and discipline and motivation, and how many butts are in the chairs and eyes front, rather than doing their own thing. When you have to stack the desks to make 'em all fit, then you need more rooms.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:49 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
My daughter is quite excited about another HS in Bozeman, she wants to teach school there. She told me about it yesterday.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:06 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,947,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
My daughter is quite excited about another HS in Bozeman, she wants to teach school there. She told me about it yesterday.
She might want to reconsider Bozeman for teaching. Montana is consistently at the very bottom of wages for teachers. But to get back on topic, I think it is about time that Bozeman got another high school. It seems so crowded.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:01 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
True, salaries for teachers are low, but she loves it. The key to a successful life is to be happy doing your life's work. That is how I taught my kids. They all work, and enjoy their jobs. After all, how much do people really need? Food, a place to live, a few comforts.

I consider myself fortunate to have such a wonderful daughter who wants to teach. Money is not everything.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:15 AM

1,368 posts, read 3,218,221 times
Default Housing boomlet

Somehow I think the 2nd HS, while needed in Bozeman, is nothing more to prop up a severely deflated housing market. They tried to get a 4th in Billings and it was shown for the scam that it was. Billings only really needed the 4th school for about 5 years and then enrollment could be handled by the existing schools. The reality was that a developer wanted to build two new subdivisions which would be conveniently centered on the new high school. Bozeman does need a new school but like everything else in that town, it will be built to benefit a bunch of croney developers.

Good for them but I expect that it will depress housing prices further. That is great for people moving in as they might get to normal levels. That will be bad for people currently living there as they will be further underwater on their homes. It's one of the few places in Montana where "jingle-mail" makes sense.

I can think of several mascots for the school though. Angelenos and Tax Cheats come to my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana