Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 03:37 PM

524 posts, read 152,660 times

Advertisements

@ Dangerous Dave: Thanks for the bit about holing up. I do that very well! Just need my hot cocoa, good food, books, and a nice bed and I'm good for a couple of months at a time, especially knowing how awesome the payoff will be come summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2020, 03:56 PM

Default Kalispell update

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
Perfect winter to come visit. My car has been hit twice already. I also poked a hole in my relative's immaculate car bumper by sliding into a trailer hitch.
My kind of humor - thanks!

Old 12-11-2020, 03:58 PM

Default Kalispell update

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroc3 View Post
I'm actually purposely going to visit Kalispell either in mid Dec or towards the end of January to see what the "harsh winter" is all about. I've been in California since 2001 and have been yearning to move away......I need the 4 seasons. The mountain ranges. The peace one gets by being so close to nature - without the DROVE of people that typically comes along with it in the coastal states.

I grew up in the Philippines - hot, humid and gorgeous beaches.

Went to school in Boston for 4 years - 4 seasons ))))

Still dreaming of going to Antarctica for 6 months in the summer.

I think Kalispell, MT will be a welcome place for my mind and soul.
So how did you like it?

Old 12-13-2020, 07:03 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I grew up in the Flathead, 1949-1959.
Then, I lived in Columbia Falls from 1970-1982.
I have been back since then for visits, but after three or four days I am ready to leave.
They say "You can't go home again.", and I have found it to be true. Home does not exist anymore. The valley has changed, as of course it would. the people are different, the landscape is different, even the bars and taverns are different. Sadly, the differences are not always for the better.
When the last relative is gone, I doubt if I will ever go back. Even my favorite fishing spots are different! The Forest Service campgrounds are PAVED! What the....
Your experience is what set Ted Kaczyinski off, he was holed up in Lincoln, MT and the forest service put a road through some place he liked to visit, so REVENGE it was.

Old 12-13-2020, 01:17 PM

7,380 posts, read 12,673,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOnMadisonStreet View Post
So how did you like it?

Hi Eye, you're still a fairly new member, so you should make a habit of checking out when the post you're commenting on was actually posted, and whether the poster is still active (right-click on their name, and check their profile). It's fine to comment on older post, because some old threads are worth reading again, but Sroc3 has only been active once, in Nov.2016, so don't expect an answer.

Old 12-13-2020, 09:40 PM

5,585 posts, read 5,015,250 times
Kalispell is getting to be more expensive $$$ and crowded.

Old 12-14-2020, 09:02 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,582,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Kalispell is getting to be more expensive $$$ and crowded.
It's in one of the pretty areas like Bozeman that attract the people that have seen "River Runs Through It" or "Horse Whisperer" and want a summer ranchette to visit for 2 weeks a year so they can "experience the wilderness".

Lots of rich and shameless buy vacation properties here and drive land prices through the roof.

Old 12-14-2020, 02:50 PM

5,585 posts, read 5,015,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
It's in one of the pretty areas like Bozeman that attract the people that have seen "River Runs Through It" or "Horse Whisperer" and want a summer ranchette to visit for 2 weeks a year so they can "experience the wilderness".

Lots of rich and shameless buy vacation properties here and drive land prices through the roof.
Yes I see that already happening.

Old 12-17-2020, 03:32 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Quote:

Exactly why lots of people move out of the area. It's hard to make a living with those high costs and often low pay.

Old 12-18-2020, 09:08 PM

138 posts, read 266,552 times
Quote:

It's happening everywhere in the mountain west, so don't think it's any longer just unique to Montana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana