Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 02:59 PM

161 posts, read 339,715 times

Advertisements

Hello we spent 1/3 of our Honeymoon in Helena ...loved it almost didn't leave that being said Montana Ranchers are worried about the Corporate Wall Street Bailout...and rightfully so...Folks this is Congress and I mean both Sides D & R what the h...have you been doing...Oh gosh have You all been wined and dined that you forgot the American Citizens Who PAY your Salary and your Lucrative Benefits..Ok I ask you what is Congress...lets face it ...Ah it is going to be One Trillion Dollar Bailout...Hello that's You & Me and our family taxpayer dollers...Yep Government going to take it...Ah I suppose if you make more than 175K a year...heck you don't care....right...I ask you what is so complicated about this....Ok Corporate America you want a loan from the US Taxpayers...Ok here is our repayment schedule...with interest..and Oh by the way your Management, CEOs and other staff take a pay cut...yep thats the way it is........so Why does congress don't understand ...Hey its a LOAN with requirements and interest...Why can' they just get that...I ask you....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 06:45 PM

139 posts, read 472,713 times
What are you? A CEO?

Old 09-26-2008, 04:51 AM

Default Need Bailout with Accountability and Oversight

Americans are very mad about this bailout. Not surprising we are not hearing how these corporations will pay Americans back. Maybe if congress would throw the lobbyists out of their offices. Ah but that would be hard to do since they get all those special perks ..like luxurious gifts and money Its amazing when you think of it...Congress can't say things like...well your executives will have to taka a pay cut, your staff will have to take a pay cut, you will repay the money with the following terms, the companies who want the bailout are not even offering the ways they could do business differently to cut their costs. For example why can't they pay a transaction fee for all stocks bought and sold, a small amount but it would ad up. And oh by the way...you know this rush...ah got to get something done by Friday or Monday at the latest...well thats all about Congress is suppose to have their end of the year break (Sept 28 till January (not sure of date )..that's right they want to get out of town...Gee such a tough life....I'm a Veteran with a Family ..we work very hard ..and I'm tired of Corporate America with their Greed they all knew this was going to happen but they just kept on going because of Greed.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:32 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times
So you talk to a rancher or two in Helena on your honeymoon and now you make a blanket statement here saying that "Ranchers are opposed to the bailout ? Are you a rancher ? Why is this post even on the Montana board ? I really think it belongs on one of the other boards such as politics or business and finance as it has little to nothing to do about Montana specifically.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Are you a rancher ?
Back at you Its easy to be critical harder to offer insight ..........

Old 09-26-2008, 07:12 AM

305 posts, read 869,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I really think it belongs on one of the other boards such as politics or business and finance as it has little to nothing to do about Montana specifically.
Looks like he's already posted there as well as other places. Is there such a thing as spamming forums?

Old 09-26-2008, 04:48 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,755,889 times
I agree this thread should be in politics or something. While he uses "Montana Ranchers" in the title, I don't see anything specific to Montana. And I sure as heck don't think Montana needs people from New Hampshire coming here telling us what to think!

Old 09-26-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrees View Post
While he uses "Montana Ranchers" in the title, I don't see anything specific to Montana. And I sure as heck don't think Montana needs people from New Hampshire coming here telling us what to think!
I think you misunderstood the thread...the title is from an ABC News Interview with Montana Ranchers this week...check abcnews.com...My family and friends in Montana who are born and raised in Montana are wonderful people, you Sir are not from Montana

Old 09-26-2008, 07:18 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,170,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelticnomad View Post
I think you misunderstood the thread...the title is from an ABC News Interview with Montana Ranchers this week...check abcnews.com...My family and friends in Montana who are born and raised in Montana are wonderful people, you Sir are not from Montana
Reading Rickers' posts I'd be more than happy to have a cold one with him over a campfire. Just because our Governor has the tendency to take full advantage of every media opportunity doesn't mean that the rest of us watch every news interview on TV. Read some of his posts before you get all judgemental.

Personally I think that the bailout money would be better spent helping the actual home-debtors facing foreclosure get back on track with their payments. Not to pay the mortgages off, but to help the ones who qualify(have a job), get back on track with a payment schedule and give them the opportunity to not lose their homes.

Seems like a better idea to me than to bail out the bankers that have profited already from the way the loans were mishandled to pad someones pocket. And a reliable payment schedule would help the banks over a period of time anyway.

Last edited by Timberwolf232; 09-26-2008 at 07:28 PM..

Old 09-26-2008, 08:59 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,755,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelticnomad View Post
Who ever said I am not from Montana?

I was born and raised in the town of Whitefish from birth until about 19 or so, then lived in Bozeman for another five years. I graduated from Whitefish High School and Montana State University.

I am from Montana and will always be from Montana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana