Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 06:39 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,680,436 times

Advertisements

The following eMail is from Gary Marbut, president, Montana Shooting Sports Association.

Subj: CNN and the Montana Firearms Freedom Act

Dear MSSA Friends,

CNN crews were in Montana last Wednesday through Friday collecting footage about the Montana Firearms Freedom Act for the Lou Dobbs show. They interviewed me and Governor Schweitzer, and some others. Nobody knows what collected footage they'll actually use.

I am told this will likely air sometime in the next ten days or so.

Best wishes,

Gary Marbut, president
Montana Shooting Sports Association

H/T: BF via Montana-Alliance-for-Liberty

Last edited by Walter Greenspan; 08-11-2009 at 06:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 03:54 PM

369 posts, read 1,454,716 times
There is no doubt in my formerly military mind that CNN being CNN will feature Schweitzer and even his dog before they put on a true patriot, Gary Marbut. Schweitzer is a hog for attention and usually gets it.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:55 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,159,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzfan View Post
There is no doubt in my formerly military mind that CNN being CNN will feature Schweitzer and even his dog before they put on a true patriot, Gary Marbut. Schweitzer is a hog for attention and usually gets it.
So long as he signs bills like the Firearms Freedom Act, I don't care if he's a dancing girl wearing a tutu.

Tho word around is that he's being groomed as the next Dem presidential candidate after Big O, so a lot of this is Name Recognition Advertising. -- Well, if we gotta have a Dem, we could do worse (in fact we've already done worse -- Wouldn't you rather have Schweitzer and Baucus holding the chairs presently warmed by Obama and Pelosi??)

PS. Wow, look at the legislative map on the front page at Firearms Freedom Act Hey, North Dakota -- you're usually at the front lines, get with the program!! -- I like Gravedigger's comment: "Imagine the AUDACITY of a federal gu’mint who writes and enacts a law that is completely unconstitutional, and then points to that unconstitutional law as proof that they have power over the states on this matter."

Old 08-14-2009, 05:38 PM

989 posts, read 3,525,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
So long as he signs bills like the Firearms Freedom Act, I don't care if he's a dancing girl wearing a tutu.

If that "dancing girl wearing a tutu" is wearing a gun, has a hairy chest, and smells of imported beer, she is probably from Missoula.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:31 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,159,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHA View Post
If that "dancing girl wearing a tutu" is wearing a gun, has a hairy chest, and smells of imported beer, she is probably from Missoula.
LOL!!! Oh, man, that's a horrifying image...

Ain't seen ya around lately, been wondering how the heck y'all been... but I think we'll go to a different bar next time if you don't mind

Old 08-14-2009, 09:37 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,674,687 times
I think he got kidnapped by one of these.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_(Star_Trek)

Old 08-17-2009, 10:49 AM

989 posts, read 3,525,950 times
No Ive just been busy with all the summer stuff that I love. It is nice to be back though.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:29 PM

The segment about the Montana Firearms Freedom Act on the Lou Dobbs show on CNN looks to be scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday, August 20.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:47 PM

Default CNN false alarm

The following eMail is from Gary Marbut, president, Montana Shooting Sports Association.

Subj: CNN false alarm

Dear MSSA Friends,

About the pending CNN story about the Montana Firearms Freedom Act, I
just got this in from the CNN producer:

"This is on the back burner until next week...I will be in touch then..."

Makes me wonder if there's a deluge of pressing news, or if maybe,
just maybe, somebody's trying to get the story spiked. Who knows!

So, you can quit holding your breath (if you were).

Sorry about that - beyond my control.

Best wishes,

Gary Marbut, president

Old 09-07-2009, 01:43 PM

The segment about the Montana Firearms Freedom Act on the Lou Dobbs show on CNN now looks to be scheduled for today (Monday, September 7) at 5:15 PM MDT.

Subj: CNN story today

Folks,

I just received an email from CNN saying that the Montana Firearms Freedom Act story will be on the CNN Lou Dobbs show today at 5:15PM, Mountain Time (7:15 Eastern).

Gary Marbut, president

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: