Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 09:12 PM

8,090 posts, read 15,167,694 times

Advertisements

Man, they sell some weird stuff.. like a Martin Luther Bobble-head Doll!!

Meanwhile... pass the lutefisk!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 05:14 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,681,199 times
Good catch Rez, I thought that was such a fun site. My galfriend sent me the poem but so I was correct I had to find a site to link it to since she had no idea of the author.
I like the lute fisk shirt
Old Lutheran Gift Shop: Lutefisk - The Piece of Cod T-shirt
Merry Christmas!

Old 12-21-2009, 10:21 AM

271 posts, read 460,469 times
ROTFL!!! I love it...wish I had that t-shirt for the annual Lutefisk Toss in Two Harbors, MN we attended a couple of years ago. How do people stomach that stuff??? I think the only "tossing" I would be doing is tossing it back up....

Old 12-21-2009, 10:40 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,167,694 times
Man, I'm STILL laughing four hours later... I gotta git me one o' them shirts!!

The truly scary thing is, I like lutefisk!!

Old 12-21-2009, 04:28 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,381,310 times
Hot Buttered Rum for Winter:

One shot Meyer's dark rum
One shot Baccardi light rum
Three shots Apple juice
1/4 pat of butter (No you can't use fake: "I Think it Might be Butter")
Pinch of cinnamon

Heat and drink inside (or outside)

Repeat, repeat, repeat (decreasing apple juice each time).

Remove clothing (inside only)

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!

Old 12-21-2009, 04:46 PM

299 posts, read 566,470 times
Default I'm dreaming of a guy Christmas...

One of my favorite shows has been some guy named Zimmern who goes from place to place eating some really bizarre foods.. ( hence the name of his show ).. He's from Minnesota, so he did a show from there and showed how that lute fish is prepared.. Its really something. I tip my hat to anyone who can eat it..

As much as I like fish, and most everything,.. to me there'a still nothing like a slab of meat.. Whatever the occassion.. And if I get to smell it on the grill while its cooking, .. well, that's like getting to have it twice.. ( probably a guy thing .. sorry ladies )

Today's the first day of winter, so its most likely going to start getting cold. JUST KIDDING!! ... I know its been " brisk " already.. I just couldn't pass that up..... By this time, Santa's left his Montana home, and headed back to the north pole to thaw out a bit and pack up the old sleigh... and round up the reindeer.. ( which, as we all know, can be PRETTY big partyers during their time off.... and I've SEEN a reindeer with his heavy metal head banging wig on, and a 3 pack of Oly hanging from his antlers.. NOT a pretty sight.. ).. But old Santa's a pretty tough dude.. he can handle it.. he IS from Montana, after all.

Guess I better start doing my Christmas shopping (I think I could actually HEAR all you ladies cringe, out there..)... Last minute gift shopping.. ANOTHER guy thing, I guess..... ACTUALLY, we're just waiting for the best bargains.. yeah, THAT'S it .... we're bargain hunters.. you ladies should appreciate that.. I know my wife, Morgan Fairchild, does.

I don't know what " first day of winter " traditions you guys have.. But we have a big get together of all the guys, and the wives/girlfriends.. The host cooks up a big pot of "some type of meat" stew, then all the guys go outside in the below freezing weather and stand around a fire barrel, eating bowls of the stew.. Meanwhile, the girls are inside making up new words to describe how dumb their guys are.. Outside, the guys get a pool going on how long its gonna take for the first girl to throw something at us.. The winner doesn't have to take any stew home..

Well, hope everyone else is ready for the big day...... Everybody just be safe, everything else will take care of itself... And there should be some good football games on.

tiberius

Old 12-21-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Man, I'm STILL laughing four hours later... I gotta git me one o' them shirts!!

The truly scary thing is, I like lutefisk!!
You know I think it has to do with who is cooking it.
some are better at it.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
Hot Buttered Rum for Winter:

One shot Meyer's dark rum
One shot Baccardi light rum
Three shots Apple juice
1/4 pat of butter (No you can't use fake: "I Think it Might be Butter")
Pinch of cinnamon

Heat and drink inside (or outside)

Repeat, repeat, repeat (decreasing apple juice each time).

Remove clothing (inside only)

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!
Better add, turn up the furnace LOL!

Old 12-22-2009, 01:05 AM

7,383 posts, read 12,677,822 times
Merry Christmas to you Montana folks! I posted this recipe over on the Idaho thread a while back, but since you're doing the Scandihoovian thing here I thought some of you guys might actually like this: Glogg!

Scandinavian glögg (mulled red wine) modified from this recipe:
Glogg Recipe - A Recipe for Glogg
Mix these ingredients in a large pot:
1 bottle of inexpensive red wine (you don't want to ruin a good bottle by putting sugar and cloves etc. in it!)
1 big glass of port, or brandy, or vodka (I prefer port)
10 cardamom pods
1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
1/2 orange peel
1/2 pound of sugar (I use Splenda)
5 cloves

Heat up slowly, but don't bring it to a boil! Strain it, and then add:
1/2 cup of raisins
1/2 cup of slivered almonds

Pour it into the same kind of glasses you'd use for Irish coffee or punch, and drink while it's hot. Serve with ginger cookies. Strong taste and fragrance--it'll drown out the smell of the lutefisk! Maybe that's why it's so popular ...

We've never done lutefisk, by the way--we do the hot rice porridge with cinnamon, for starters, before serving the goose/duck/pork roast!

Old 12-22-2009, 05:16 AM

Oh yes, Glogg!!
At first I thought you ment.
Bloodwine - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: